What weapons do you use?

Explosives
Silents
Assualt
Long range
Other
Multiple (please tell)

PZ

My goodness, I thought it already was - that is one of the most informative indexes we have!  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

Quote from: retiredgord on September 02, 2009, 07:21:27 AMVery good pick-up RedRaven. I'll  be trying and watching for situations in Round 3. My favourite spot is west of Fort in the north. The g/p there has a gas cylinder standing up and if patient two mercs walk directly in front. Squeeze, bang,ARGGGH, UUGH, BOOM AND FIREWORKS AND FIRES THAT USUALLY TAKES OUT ONE OR TWO MORE. If you take the shot from just by the road out of Fort nearest the g/p you can have oodles of fun.

there are a couple of good places for those kind of attacks, the outpost to the west of the arms dealer, just past the waterfall in the Centre-East, north map has the yellow and white gas cylinders, red and yellow barrels and 2-3 cars, a few carefully placed and timed shots can deal with the 5+ mercs who hang out around there. there's more spots but cant recall them at the mo ::)
unfortunately, back to the Accuracy theme, even if you intend to hit a barrel/cylindar etc the Scoring system will count it as a miss :( , so i tend to target those with a flare or crossbow bolt, which does the job :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

you can try to shoot through a merc into a flammable - need brass balls for that (pun intended) ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

iGame3D

I'm so jealous. I want an exploding arrow head crossbow.
In Act One Part One I use Golden AK, Flamethrower, Flare Gun.
With just these I open up all the weapons in the shop.

Once I've collected diamonds or done kill missions I buy the Dart Rifle and Grenade launcher. Then I'll switch those out depending on the mission or terrain.
If I know there is plenty of grass at the location, flare gun for fun.

In Act Two I use an AR-16 which I switch with the MGL if I'm hitting a place like Weelgol village. Still switch between dart and flame thrower depending on what I need to do.

My xbox controller D-Pad is ever annoying me, especially if I have the MGL.
I try to switch quick to a machete or flame thrower and, sure enough MGL!
BOOOM! Thank god for buddies.

I can't get into the pistols or the sub-machine guns, or the non silent sniper rifles.
Not that silence really helps all that much, seems if I don't shoot and run away, they come out and find me anyway.

PZ

Quote from: iGame3D on September 05, 2009, 10:12:12 AM
I can't get into the pistols or the sub-machine guns, or the non silent sniper rifles.
Not that silence really helps all that much, seems if I don't shoot and run away, they come out and find me anyway.
Try the 6P9 one of these days when you become bored - I've cleared many GPs using only that pistol with the mercs being completely unaware that I'm there.  However, hit and move (as you mentioned)  is the key to success with the silent weapons.  When things become hot, start grass fires to distract the mercs and your tasks become twice as easy.

Art Blade

Quote from: iGame3D on September 05, 2009, 10:12:12 AM
I try to switch quick to a machete or flame thrower and, sure enough MGL!
BOOOM!

That can happen on a PC too. Just a couple of moments ago, I wanted to silently shoot a merc with my MP5, I was hidden behind my own AT. I shoot a lot from the hip with that gun you need to know. Well, imagine how my eyebrows cocked up in surprise when I heard "POPBOOM" and my flaming car came raining down on me... I had erroneously used my M79 grenade launcher  ;D

Ceres Tauri

I use a mix. 

->Long range I like the Dragunov.  Not enough K's outright but that's my aiming I think.  Still learning the twitchy skills for X-box. 

->Then I put in SAW once I can, and retire the PKM.  SAW is more accurate and doesn't climb over their heads too quick.  When I'm getting on the bus or into a vehicle I always switch to SAW so if I hop out to pop a jeep I'm ready with my big machine gun.  Small burst and gunner is out, 2nd burst and driver is down too.  Compared to packing SMG's, with 100+400 rounds I NEVER worry if I have enough ammo to make my way across the map! 

->Then to raise bodycount I put in the M-79 ASAP.  That's my preferred item to take out armory convoy trucks and any charging vehicles, especially boats.  I am trying to stealth in closer sometimes and see just how many I can take down with one grenade.  Currently just 4 that I recall, but maybe did more and forgot.  Doing the cell tower assassinations in towns from a rooftop, the Mercs seem to congregate batter... so I'll let ya know.  ...wish x-box could screeny.

(anyone know if shotgun bando adds to grenade launcher rounds carried too?  Seems last cycle I had 8 rounds and this time just 5, and shotty bando is the only one I haven't bought.  I'll check it out tomorrow eve...)

Next cycle I'm trying the stealth mode with dart right away, the 6p9 and silenced MP5 and stealth suit.  You guys seem to delight in sneaking within arms reach for a quiet <cough> headshot that splatters your clothes.  Sounds like worthy of a trial run!-)

I am considering getting the golden AK on a cycle, with the multi-GL in heavy slot and maybe using UZI for the pistol slot then.  A little more up in their grill style of assault load, hehe.

PZ

Have fun with the silent load out - 6P9, MP5, dart.  This is still my favorite load out, and quite often I can get into complete a mission without any merc even knowing that I am there.  The other benefit of the 6P9 and MP5 is that nearly all mercs carry the ammunition for the two - I rarely need to pick up an ammo pack to replenish for anything other than the dart.  In fact, what I typically do when entering an area is to take out any snipers long range with the dart and then go in with the 6P9 maneuvering so that I can use the pistol without becoming overwhelmed.  However, if reinforcements arrive, I have the MP5 which has a reasonable rate of fire to get me out of trouble.

JRD

Quote from: Ceres Tauri on October 06, 2009, 08:37:06 PM
I use a mix. 

->Long range I like the Dragunov.  Not enough K's outright but that's my aiming I think.  Still learning the twitchy skills for X-box. 

->Then I put in SAW once I can, and retire the PKM.  SAW is more accurate and doesn't climb over their heads too quick.  When I'm getting on the bus or into a vehicle I always switch to SAW so if I hop out to pop a jeep I'm ready with my big machine gun.  Small burst and gunner is out, 2nd burst and driver is down too.  Compared to packing SMG's, with 100+400 rounds I NEVER worry if I have enough ammo to make my way across the map! 

->Then to raise bodycount I put in the M-79 ASAP.  That's my preferred item to take out armory convoy trucks and any charging vehicles, especially boats.  I am trying to stealth in closer sometimes and see just how many I can take down with one grenade.  Currently just 4 that I recall, but maybe did more and forgot.  Doing the cell tower assassinations in towns from a rooftop, the Mercs seem to congregate batter... so I'll let ya know.  ...wish x-box could screeny.

(anyone know if shotgun bando adds to grenade launcher rounds carried too?  Seems last cycle I had 8 rounds and this time just 5, and shotty bando is the only one I haven't bought.  I'll check it out tomorrow eve...)

Next cycle I'm trying the stealth mode with dart right away, the 6p9 and silenced MP5 and stealth suit.  You guys seem to delight in sneaking within arms reach for a quiet <cough> headshot that splatters your clothes.  Sounds like worthy of a trial run!-)

I am considering getting the golden AK on a cycle, with the multi-GL in heavy slot and maybe using UZI for the pistol slot then.  A little more up in their grill style of assault load, hehe.

My fav load out as well... SVD, M-79, SAW... UZI and RPG for a change. Been using lots of Dart and 6P9 this playthrough (3rd go) but don't like the MP5... too damn weak.
The M-79 is great for convoys and quickly getting rid of swamp boats (I never use their turrets to shoot other boats). I usually use them on patrol jeeps as well and when I see 2 or more mercs gathered  ;D ;D
The shotgund bandoleers is good for shotguns only, for GL you need either the grenadier or the satchel bandoleer, not sure which though! Maybe you have less ammo cos you are playing in a higher difficulty level, it cuts down the ammount of ammo you can carry!
As for you final loadout, Golden AK, UZI and MGL, sorry pal, it won't w@&k... that's one of my dream loadouts (with Dragunov instead of AK). That's because the MGL occupies the first weapon slot, so either AK or MGL... too bad, I know  :(

One thing you can try is MGL, UZI and dart... I like that one too...
When you are far away, you can start wiping out some foes undetected, but as soon as they spot you, they'll wish they never had  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Usually I'm like PZ using the silent loadout (6p9 mp5 dart) but only recently I replaced the 6p9 with M79 and I do have lots of fun.

Very recently I've found out that I do more and more like to go into combat the hard-hitting lead-spitting way and use the brutalo weapons combo, its Deagle, Dragunov or AS50 and SAW. Always feels great when I survive  ;D

mmosu

I'm a huge fan of the sawed-off shotgun.  Hard to beat givin a guy two barrels of ownage to the face at point-blank range  :-*  :-X

fragger

The antique sawn-off shottie is my fave out of the DL weapons :-X
Fun replacement for the Makarov in the early stages of the game, and a good up-close-and-personal weapon, even if it takes a couple of secs to reload. Love the sound of it too!

mmosu

the echo of the earth-shattering BOOM is one of my favorite features as well

Art Blade

Now I'm glad I can't get that DLC. With a soundsystem like mine, I'd be deaf and blind in an instant if I used that weapon  :)

fragger

How come you can't get the DLC, Art? Does it not w@&k under XP?

Ceres Tauri

I was piling up diamonds so I decided to test out some different weapons since Im still new to this game.  I realized Im a little FNG to think I have tried everything to determine my favs even yet.  So prior statements are disclaimed: based on what I have tried thus far.

I grabbed the AR-16 and am pleasantly surprised by it.  The Aim Point allows me to use it to snipe if I can get a closer range and a headshot.  Jumping out of a jeep I can hose a burst to kill merc jeep gunners and drivers.  So its a good backup for the dart rifle.  M-79 adds major kill power for stopping trucks and groups.  Played around with that combo some last night and its pretty cool. 

I'll have a try at some combo with the MGL, SVD and UZI, probably, and see how that goes too, hehe. 

I'm on 62% and went back N to see if I can find that 6th buddy on the N map, since I'm down to 2/8 and have no rescue buddy.  Use them less and less but I left several buddy missions out this go round that I want to grind one more up to try.  Same with cell tower missions up N.  Gonna try a few and see.

fragger

Quote from: Ceres Tauri on October 09, 2009, 07:19:51 AM
I'll have a try at some combo with the MGL, SVD and UZI, probably, and see how that goes too, hehe.
Have you tried out the MAC 10? I prefer it to the Uzi, not as durable but has higher rate of fire and is more accurate :)

PZ

The SVD was the sniper that I started with in FC2 when first playing and still remains one of my favorite weapons to date, especially on the console.  When playing the PS3 and using aim assist, I can snap-shot rounds quickly enough to get out of rather large fire fights, very useful when I only have the 6P9 and dart as the other weapons. 

Let us know of your experiences when returning to the north.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on October 09, 2009, 05:07:56 AM
How come you can't get the DLC, Art? Does it not w@&k under XP?

Short version: Not available in my country.

You can still read the long version, though :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳