AC3 - the NOT so good

Started by PZ, November 04, 2012, 10:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I often forget about eagle vision; I need to remember that technique

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I think you misread me PZ.  ???

I was saying that it was something that should have been functional in the game but isn't.

Or have I misread you and you are saying that dreaming about the game is better than actually playing it?  ????
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

:laugh:

I should have made myself more clear; I meant when I go back into prior AC games.  I'm still disenchanted enough with AC3 to want to go back to prior versions of the series.  I long for old Italy, and the trappings thereof.  ^-^

JRD

Quote from: PZ on January 28, 2013, 02:41:32 PM
I long for old Italy, and the trappings thereof.  ^-^

Me too... but AC3 delivers something different and yet familiar... I can't explain but I do like AC3.... although it doesn't shine like AC2!  :-\\
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I have to admit that there is much I like about AC3, but the disturbing trend toward linear timed missions is tarnishing the series for me.

I still remember the raw excitement I felt when firing up FC2, and then AC2 when they first came out years ago, and I compare that to my enjoyment of the games in the latest release in each series.  Although I definitely find enjoyment in AC3 and FC3 (more so in FC3), I do not feel the same sense of excited anticipation as I did when starting up the PS3 (or the PC) those years ago.

I feel like the complaining ancient guy hobbling along muttering under his breath "I remember the good 'ol days..."  :-()

Art Blade

I'm with you there, PZ. Although I don't think you really mean the old days. I think you mean that you knew and played games that were actually out of beta before release.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-D  yes, indeed, but I've been kind of spoiled because on the console we don't experience blue screens, crashes, or any of the sort - the most bad I've experienced is disc failure.  However, I used that console for a good long time before it quit.

Art Blade

you stress it out even more than me  :-D consoles can't afford the crap that is going on with those poor PC gamers, so.. only the good stuff for consoles, properly tested in a way that at least the game doesn't crash :-D

PZ

That and the fact that there are countless hardware/software combinations on the PC that might interfere with the operation of the game.  Creating a game for the console is likely as easy as creating the game for only a single PC brand - come to think of it, maybe that is exactly what they did with FC3   :angel:

nexor

How the @#$%&*.........do you save this game??? 
I got to where our hero's saved the ship from sinking then decided it's suppertime so I exited the game, today I was going to continue, everything was lost and I had to start all over again  :D

PZ

I actually quit playing the game (and never finished it), but I don't recall ever saving.  I think it is more like a console where the game automatically saves whenever it wants to.

nexor

Ok, so it's like taking two steps forward and three backwards     ::)

PZ

Sort of; starting with AC1, which was kind of good because it was open world, AC2 made huge progress.  Then AC:Brotherhood was for me an improvement even over AC2, but the map was smaller in size.  However, controlling your assassins was a great deal of fun.  However, when AC:Revelations came out, the awful hideout missions made the game less enjoyable even though there were improvements in other areas.  Now with AC3, the story is the same; some improvements, but altogether I enjoy the game less.

Tags:
🡱 🡳