WHO WOULD YOU SHOOT ON SITE ?

Started by RedRaven, April 21, 2009, 04:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

Quote from: mir24 on June 17, 2010, 12:57:15 AM
...Xianyong's getting on my nerves at the moment...

Geez, no-one likes this guy...

@PZ: Good choice :-X

mandru

I think it's funny that everyone appears to hate Xianyong.

Of all the characters he's my favorite.  Sure he's a shifty little rat with an abrasive personality but from the way I see things he's easy to read and keeps his moods close to the surface.  He's kind of an open book.

I could keep someone like him around in real life as a friend. He is a rough little cob but I think he has been portrayed as someone who wants to be around people and have friends.

Oh well, that's just my take on his character.

It's funny in my last five or six times playing through FC2 even though I've been going out of my way to keep all the buddies alive for the LZ (except for the mandatory sacrifice in the first game half), Xianyong has been a complete no show.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Quote from: mandru on June 18, 2010, 12:43:21 PM
It's funny in my last five or six times playing through FC2 even though I've been going out of my way to keep all the buddies alive for the LZ (except for the mandatory sacrifice in the first game half), Xianyong has been a complete no show.

You mean Xianyong does not show up at the LZ?

Really?

I don't remember who I saw first time there - Michelle for sure - and on my 2nd and 3rd playthrough I had most of my buddies, if not all, dead by then, so I really can't tell if Xian is a no show for me as well!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

Quote from: JRD on June 19, 2010, 10:09:44 AM

You mean Xianyong does not show up at the LZ?

Really?

In all of my recent play throughs Xianyong has not been a BB which would have required him greeting me as I walk up for the diamond case, he's not even been a 2nd BB during those games but he has definitely been alive and managed to stay that way by avoiding me at that part of the game.

If the missing Xianyong effect is intentional by the programmers I can't say.  I just don't have enough information to make a guess.
- mandru

fragger

Since you mention it mandru, I don't ever recall seeing Xianyong at the LZ either :-\

mandru

If you save him at the prison he's there at the LZ but beyond that I'm not sure.
- mandru

JRD

On my first go I didn`t save my buddy at the prision but it wasn`t Xianyong either... on my second go I saved him but don`t remember seeing him at the LZ  :(

mandru

Through playing an observation I've made is it's your BB that greets you at the LZ.

I have to admit that I've always rescued the BB at the prison because it means I get to kill the two inquisitors merrily chatting it up outside the interrogation cell.

This is icing on the cake because if you have already cleared out the guards topside you may have noticed that they (at least most of them) are standing over the cell and watching the show of your BB getting the snot kicked out of him/her.  It is their enjoyment of that activity that distracts them long enough for you to get armed and set up a surprise ambush to clear out the rat's nest.

(That's funny, those distracted guards seem to have overlooked my grenades before dumping me into that cell   ;) ).

If you look down through the grates on the open court yard where most of the prison staff are hanging out you can see your injured BB awaiting the next round of questioning.

I guess it's just never occurred to me to 'not rescue my buddy' and slaughter all the scum running the prison.  :-*
- mandru

Art Blade

I once didn't rescue him on purpose (but slayed the guards) so I could find out whether or not it makes a difference regarding notoriety, but it doesn't matter and changes nothing. I don't know who showed up at the LZ to greet me though. I didn't pay attention to those who were already dead without knowing it yet  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Stryker7

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this little idiot, but I would kill the Prince, the one that has you assassinate his father the king.

Smug arrogant little a$$hole. I have even tried to set the safe-house on fire to see if I could get him to come out and get his.

Now that is a mod I would love to see made.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to get him, I would be willing to replay just to get him. I would love to go "Gomer Pyle" on his a$$. (see below)

BTW JRD, I love your avatar. I have been a big fan of Vincent D'Onofrio ever since his Gomer Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket", his roles in "Men in Black" and his "Law and Order CI".

Art Blade

Quote from: Stryker7 on July 15, 2010, 10:16:18 PMDoes anyone have any idea as to how to get him

Yes :)

Check out Kill the King (and the Prince, too) and The door gap trick (click on the quote's source to read the actual tip #36)  ;)

[smg id=1072 align=center width=400]

Stryker7

Thanks for the tip, I thought I had tried several methods, i know I tried to set the SH ablaze. Will have to start my 4th trip in hardcore mode just so I can kill that SOB.

JRD

Quote from: Stryker7 on July 15, 2010, 10:16:18 PM
BTW JRD, I love your avatar. I have been a big fan of Vincent D'Onofrio ever since his Gomer Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket", his roles in "Men in Black" and his "Law and Order CI".

Cheers, mate!

His expression in this scene when he shoots the drill sargent is the synthesis of what war can make of a man!

Great actor, great scene, great movie!!

Stryker7

Quote from: JRD on July 21, 2010, 10:21:07 AM
His expression in this scene when he shoots the drill sargent is the synthesis of what war can make of a man!

JRD, not to contradict you, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that scene is while they are still in boot-camp. He hasnt seen a minute of action.

But it does remind me what a lifer marine uncle of mine told me once. During the 60's and early 70's, Marine drill sergeants were so tough on their recruits, that they were relieved to be going to Vietnam.

Art Blade

Erm, isn't the entire film taking place in boot-camp only? (at least I don't remember any war scenes)

deadman1

The first part takes place at bootcamp, then after the scene that JRD mentions the film switches to Vietnam.

Art Blade

Thanks :) I ought to watch it again sometime. I've got the DVD sitting somewhere on my shelves among loads of other discs..

alsoforum

mandru

Welcome to OWG alsoforum.   :-X

Yeah, I always put up with the buddies and keep them alive for the upgrades and because I've gotten to the point I enjoy the clam bake we have towards the end of the game.   ;D
- mandru

Art Blade

[admin]Good-bye, alsoforum. You have just been banned. Nice try to slip in code (URLs) into my "quote".[/admin]

PZ

Darn, I was hoping to see some good FC2 conversation going again  ;)

Art Blade

well, it actually is kind of on topic.. "who would you shoot on site" (this time that typo, site rather than sight, makes sense)  :-()

nexor

long arm of the law has struck again.......................... :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳