You girls go ahead, have fun...

Started by mandru, August 31, 2012, 10:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I'm not sure its a season for new toys fragger.  It's more like the way everything goes along smoothly for a while and suddenly it all busts loose.  In this case it's our electronics gear crapping out all at once.  :-\\

A couple very cool related bits of mostly untaught history fragger.  :-X   I've long thought some on the coincidences of history are so wild that their likelihood exceed even bad fiction.  :-()

Example (This is to the best of my understanding): A politically influential husband and wife deeply concerned for the poverty and hunger for the masses within their country undertake an educational program to introduce a food from the New World that they saw as a solution to elevate the condition of the poor.  Hosting dinner parties they served elaborate and I'm sure delicious healthy dishes to their guests the royalty and influential through out France attempting to get them on board towards convincing the farmers to grow this new miracle crop.  Usually the hostess Marie Antoinette would wear a delicately arranged small bouquet of (in case you haven't guessed yet) potato blossoms in her hair during these soirées. . 

Unfortunately the Church (because of the holy significance of bread?) took the position of opposition pumping out a purely self interest driven counter message directly to the poor declaring that potatoes being in the deadly nightshade family were poisonous and it was an open attempt of the aristocracy to reduce their surplus numbers.  ???

The poor have no bread?  The poorly chosen and probably petulant response "Let them eat cake" (actually it was brioche she recommended a bread fortified with eggs and butter but the translation cake will serve) was probably because of her irritation that in spite of all of her efforts the peasants wouldn't eat the damn potatoes.

nexor here's a wild and crazy idea steeped in Western decadence.  It's not terribly uncommon for a family to have two TVs in different rooms for different viewing situations and preferences.  >:D

I bet dollars to donuts if you set up a big TV elsewhere with good crisp sound and a spacious comfy place for viewing that prized Imbuia TV cabinet will start collecting a considerable amount more dust.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Although the line (and all its variations)..

QuoteEnfin je me rappelai le pis-aller d'une grande princesse à qui l'on disait que les paysans n'avaient pas de pain, et qui répondit : Qu'ils mangent de la brioche.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded: "let them eat cake."

..is widespread and well known, it is not widespread and not well known that there is no proof of Marie Antoinette ever having said that.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

I see you guys are uninformed, uneducated individuals when it comes to missus nexor  :D
For self perseverance I'll kindly ignore those foolish notions you guys suggesting
(in other words, Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing)     ::) :o  8-X  :angel:

nexor

That so and so, two bit sales freak who sold that Graphics Card to me, may his fingernails grow into fishing hooks and his b@&s start to itch, the weasel...................
I asked the idiot if the damn card will w@&k on my motherboard, and the @!#!$!*!&!^!%!?!<!@>!#:!$;!%+!&~!`! said yes it will w@&k!!!!!!!!!!
He should go ask his damn school fees back because he can't read, the no good a$$hole....................
It's a PCI Express 2 card, my pc's motherboard has a PCI Express 1, and the a$$hole should know that because it shows on the specs, and he also has the specs for the Graphics card, which I didn't have...

Art Blade

Now that was almost close to something like a rant, nexor. Just a wee bit more effort and you might get there eventually  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

So nexor, I take it the "Look honey!  There's a whole room on the house with a home theater and we never noticed before.  :o " approach won't pass muster.  ;)

Jeez nexor!  It sucks that the salesman got it so fouled up.  :(

If it's a brick and mortar shop I'd suggest walking it back in and pointing out his mistake.

I also think I may be in for some upgrade woes myself.  Last night the techie called and said he'd located an Ivybridge i7 3770k CPU (3.5MHz) which I had specified as my pick but for the same price but it would have to be shipped overnight which for some reason will take 3 or 4 days to arrive  "eh what?"  ???  ) but he had found locally a CPU that was rated at 3.9MHz that he could get for the same price factoring in the cost of the express shipping.

This is a problem.  There are no CPUs with the Ivy bridge architecture @ 22nm and the LGA1155 socket that meets that description.

I am thinking that he has ordered the wrong version of the Asus Sabretooth mother board which would accommodate the significantly older LGA2011 i7 3960 Extreme instead of what I asked for.  I'm going to hold his feet to the fire and make him get it right before I take my tower in and let him crack it open.

Besides that the 3.9MHz on the card he's trying to swap me is when it's in turbo mode which is exactly the same as the 3770k 3.9MHz in turbo.  ????

- mandru

nexor

Quote from: mandru  on September 12, 2012, 11:08:44 AM
So nexor, I take it the "Look honey!  There's a whole room on the house with a home theater and we never noticed before.  :o " approach won't pass muster.  ;)

Nope, she been around the block a few times and besides, she might be blond, but she ain't that blond, I guess after being married to me for 30+ years she also learned a few things 8-X :-D

fragger

Quote from: nexor on September 12, 2012, 02:58:12 PM
...I guess after being married to me for 30+ years she also learned a few things 8-X :-D

Keep the key to the gun locker well hidden 8-X ????

@nexor and mandru, what can I say but ::) Hope you can get your respective upgrade wrinkles ironed out.

To quote a Russian merc of my acquaintance: "Salesmen... Worst people on planet" :angry-new:

nexor

You damn right about Salesmen fragger   >:(( 

Oh and you just reminded me, she "has" a key to the gun locker, even worse, she's carrying her own Stainless Steel Astra 38Special Snub nose and the first round is birdshot by the way.......... :o

Art Blade

just snuff her before she does you in :)

nexor

That's why I'm watching my P's and Q's, It's painfull having my skin full of holes, it takes a long time to heal too  8-X

mandru

The parts have arrived and my rig has been in the shop since last Wendnesday.  So while I'm going through withdrawls I'm having to make due with Mrs. mandru's half of the desk.  :-\\   

Her HP laptop while being a fine piece of equipment is completely set to her preferences which can be interpreted as meaning that the processes loaded in task bar stretch halfway across the bottom of the screen.  When she complains about it running slow I always suggest that she turn off about half of the unnecessary crap that she has preloaded in the background eating up her CPU cycles but I think that she is of the opinion that the different processes will be offended either they'll wither up and die from neglect or become resentful if she rejects them. ???

"Your computer will load a minute and a half faster if you turn off the Gadget features.  :) "

"I like to see what the temperature is.  ???? "

"Google's your homepage!  Type in channel five's call letters and before you can hit enter the first link will be for their weather department!  ::) "

"...But I like having the big clock.  :( "

"...And the Gadget dashboard gauges showing system load and process burden on the RAM are adding to the 45% load when you're at idle and keeping your Ram Stick upgrade we had put last year pegged at 60% when it should be dreaming of electric sheep!.  :D "

"I don't tell you how to set up your computer.  :-( "

"  :o  You said it was running slow I was reminding you how it can be fixed!  :o "

"I was just saying it was slow... I didn't ask you to fix it.  :angry-new: "

So for the time being I'm putting up with a overburdened laptop that sloughs around in Firefox like a garbage scow with a fast leak.  I could perk it right up but then every time I stepped away from it I would have to go against my very nature and remember to turn everything back on.

Just how many ways does she need to access the Norton security functions?  I'm counting at least six Norton access points not the least of which is the big completely unnecessary one in the Gadgets bar!  \:/
- mandru

Art Blade

If I were you I think I'd start to rummage through every accessible site that sports gadgets, tools, fun programs, utilities, add-ons and plug-ins. I'd then start to recommend all of those and suggest installing all of 'em. Then watch the CPU squeal, moan and creak at the brink of 100% usage while idle and smile.  :-D

mandru

- mandru

nexor

"DON'T" mess with Mrs mandru's laptop, I learned that lesson with Mrs nexor's laptop   :D
hang in there mate......   8-X  :-D

Art Blade

poor guys :-D

Nexor, I just read your signature which reminds me of a rather similar line, "I can't cook. I know dinner's ready when it sets off the smoke alarm."  :-()

nexor

I like yours more, hope you don't mind me using it as my signature...

nexor

Oh, and what happened to the special smileys??

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor on September 26, 2012, 04:42:52 AM
I like yours more, hope you don't mind me using it as my signature...

Not at all, go ahead :)

Actually, I am used to that.. déjà-vu (wow, it was in 2009) :

Quote from: Art Blade on April 21, 2009, 05:09:41 PM
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity" :)
>
Quote from: JRD on April 22, 2009, 05:22:06 AM
Art... allow me to use it as my sig?

PZ

nexor

Art Blade

welcome, nex :)

And yes, PZ.. however, I remember it almost as clearly as if it had been yesterday. :)

PZ

Of course you do; you remember almost everything as if it were only yesterday!  :-D

Art Blade

:)

If only we had full control over our memories. Like, remember everything except things that you despise. If you want to forget, that is. Memories aren't always present but I can trigger virtually all of them.

Tags:
🡱 🡳