[smg id=4948]
[smg id=4947]
[smg id=4916]
[smg id=4917]
[smg id=4918]
[smg id=4956]
[smg id=4950]
[smg id=4951]
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Jim di Griz

Finland - fast and scary with lots of trees. There are a lot more photo ops for these stages but here are a few to give an idea.

[smg id=4920]
[smg id=4914]
[smg id=4912]
[smg id=4909]
[smg id=4910]
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Jim di Griz

France (Alsace) - nice tight, wet mountain roads interspersed with open sections and towns.

[smg id=4943]
[smg id=4944]
[smg id=4908]
[smg id=4906]

Germany has similar sections but I now realise that I have no photos as yet (sorry Art) This will be amended later.

So have some Mexico instead with roads built for donkeys...

[smg id=4927]
[smg id=4904]
[smg id=4903]

Jim di Griz

Greece - dusty, great views, lots of hairpins and sudden cliff edges...

[smg id=4940]
[smg id=4938]
[smg id=4939]
[smg id=4937]
[smg id=4936]
[smg id=4941]
[smg id=4933]

Jim di Griz

New Zealand - head-to-head challenge. There are quite a few other aspects to these stages such as switchback ravine climbs.

[smg id=4954]
[smg id=4953]
[smg id=4952]
[smg id=4955]
[smg id=4946]
[smg id=4931]
[smg id=4930]
[smg id=4928]

Art Blade

:)

impressive :-X

You seem to enjoy it quite a bit, mate :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

I do indeed  :) It really absorbs you and though the game is shorter than the previous ones, re-doing races for the fun of it with different vehicles just adds to the fun all over again.

I have also yet to do any full rallies which you can set up yourself, from two stages to about seventy-five  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Jim di Griz

Thanks gents. I seem to have forgotten to mention that a DLC track is now out for the game - the East African Rally.

[smg id=5196]
[smg id=5202]
[smg id=5204]
[smg id=5203]
[smg id=5200]
[smg id=5199]
[smg id=5195]
[smg id=5194]

This can be accessed in 'The Road to the WRC' mode and online also. A good combination of dry and dusty roads with bumpy straights, hairpins along cliff faces and muddy sections.

Art Blade

looks beautiful :) I can almost hear PZ muttering something about FC2 when looking at these pics  :-()

Jim di Griz

:) and he wouldn't be alone in that muttering - the light level is very reminiscent.

I think if I ever get a gaming PC I'm going to try my hand at modding some rally cars with decent physics into FC2 and we can all hare around whilst trying not to get shot to pieces  :-D

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 26, 2012, 04:51:55 AM
looks beautiful :) I can almost hear PZ muttering something about FC2 when looking at these pics  :-()

Exactly my first thought!  You do know me quite well, my friend  ;)

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 26, 2012, 12:04:49 PM
:) and he wouldn't be alone in that muttering - the light level is very reminiscent.

I think if I ever get a gaming PC I'm going to try my hand at modding some rally cars with decent physics into FC2 and we can all hare around whilst trying not to get shot to pieces  :-D

How cool would that be!  ^-^

Jim di Griz

I've just been tidying up a few loose trophies and achievements for this, which include points earned for stylish driving such as drifting, driving on two wheels and even rolling the car but still carrying on  :)

As a result I discovered something that is rarely noticed in the course of winning a race. To get some of the crazy drifts and such, I ended up wrecking the cars quite badly, especially in Finland where the trees are malevolent and quite possibly half-Entish  ^-^ I knew that the car would lose performance and handle differently but I wasn't quite prepared for the level to which the devs have gone in pursuit of this.

So I had a pretty mangled car in a few cases and my suspension was shot, so drifting became a real challenge. The gears also kept crunching and dropping out of the gear I was in, accompanied by some very distressing noises. It was actually a lot of fun  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳