New forums poll: Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising

Started by spaceboy, April 19, 2009, 05:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you intend on purchasing Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?

No
0 (0%)
Most Likely Not
0 (0%)
Unsure
2 (25%)
Most Likely Yes
1 (12.5%)
Yes (aka OhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!)
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Art Blade

today I purchased the pre-order version (10€). The price will be subtracted from the game's price if I purchase it in that store. I got a bonus code for a special mission and a DVD with two episodes of "Weaponology." :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Wow, that's a hefty discount unless the store marks the game up by that much.  ;D

Not sure if that is all platforms spaceboy, but it will be exciting to focus on a game that more of the membership can play  :-X

spaceboy

Quote from: PZ on September 14, 2009, 02:21:58 PM
it will be exciting to focus on a game that more of the membership can play  :-X

absolutely. while FUEL was multiplatform - most of our members like to hold something more lethal than a gear shift in their hands lol.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

hahaha yeah, actually I am getting bored of FUEL a bit, but FC2 is better than ever :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, good one spaceboy - I agree about FC2 being better than ever, especially with new gems like the one Art discovered at the pipeline.  It's kind of funny - when I return to FC2 after being away from the game for a while, the mercs almost seem like old friends that I've missed!  ;D

spaceboy

hey, that's one of the benefits of a mulitplayer round of FC2 - you can run around with your merc friends!  It is a departure to see the same mercs you've been shooting at for so long to wait for you to hop into an assault truck with them!

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on September 14, 2009, 06:25:28 AM
I'm still a most likely yes.  Timing is probably the key - Uncharted2 comes out 10/13. This is like when inFamous and FUEL came out one week apart...  Is the release date the same for all versions?

Amazon.com reports that the release date of October 6th is the same for PS3, XBox, and PC version of OFP2.

RedRaven

absolutely, without a doubt. Just gutted that most of you guys will get it 3 days before i can.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

that's not bad, you'll be able to read at least one full report, a walk through, tips and tricks, loads of screenshots....

<crouches and sneaks out of reach of RedRaven's whipping fly swatter>

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

AAAaaaawwwwwwww! <slaps RedRaven on the back> It'll be allright, mate. Just don't read the posts...

<whoaaaaaaaa! ouch! ow! eyow! YIKES! ouch!>

JRD

Now that the wounds are open...

I won`t be able to get OFP2 on release and, most likely, won`t be able to play it as well when I manage to get it as I`m left with my middle range (although brand new core duo 2,66 GHz, 256 GPU) lap top untill the end of 2010.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
(maybe play it in low settings, but still sad  :( )

Which brings me to my point: so far I`m the mod for the OFP2 board, but how good is a mod if he can`t play the game, right? So there is a spot open for new candidates... who wants to apply for the job, enlist the army, engage the fight etc... reply here and we can come up with a name pretty soon... it`s about time, anyway  ;)
I`m not online too often now and when I am, it`s a looooooooooooow connection, so feel free to name a guy and replace me...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

:( sorry to hear that JRD. can more than sympathize with slow net. Luckily will have full speed connection back at my fingertips by end of the week (at last!)

As for OFP2 board mod, i'm more than willing and able to offer my services to OWG as i have the time on my hands now as will most certainly be getting and playing the hell out of it as soon as shops open on the 9th.

PZ

Quote from: RedRaven on September 29, 2009, 09:03:30 AM
... As for OFP2 board mod, i'm more than willing and able to offer my services to OWG as i have the time on my hands now as will most certainly be getting and playing the hell out of it as soon as shops open on the 9th.

Sounds good - we'll get you set up as moderator of OFP2 shortly.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask; we're all friends here.  Art has offered his assistance in any of the mechanics of the site in case you are uncomfortable with any of the functions.  Welcome to the moderators!  ;)

PZ

Done - welcome RedRaven as the new moderator of the OFP2 boards.

May he live long and prosper  ;)

Art Blade

congrats RedRaven, great you offered your help as a moderator for OFP:DR. You've got a nice baby there to take care of  ;D :-X

RedRaven

cheers, and i will do. as always its an honour and a privilege to w@&k with such a good natured group of people here at OWG. Now i'm even more excited about OFP coming out (if thats possible!) ;)

PZ

I'm more excited by the day, and as the release date approaches I think of it more frequently!  Besides, I'm looking for good things from the OWG Saved game king   ;)

Art Blade

RedRaven

jewel case.....nice, only pre-order bonus have seen so far is an unlock code on play.com..... looking at other options now ;)

Art Blade

lol, I didn't get a jewel in a case. It's a term for that hard plastic wrapper you see around your DVDs  ;D

My bonus was indeed a code for a bonus mission, but in the "DVD case" was a DVD with two episodes of Weaponology. Tanks was one of them I believe  :)

RedRaven

mmmmm,,,,, tanks, (head flops to one side and the drooling starts) ;D

Art Blade

spaceboy

Hey RedRaven, congrats on your new role.  Just remember...all good things in moderation. hahaha.

Cheers mate.

JRD

I`m glad it`s all sorted out...
I know I`ll be one guy drooling at all screenshots and vids and stories you`ll come up with after October 9th... geez, am I sad...  :(
But won`t feel sorry for myself, its just a game (yeah, right  ::) )

Congrats RedRaven and Art Blade for your recent promotions... you are the right men for the jobs  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳