Listen to all Jackal tapes

Started by PZ, April 28, 2012, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Brilliant piece of w@&k thanks PZ, a few of them are completely new to me     :-X

PZ

Glad you found them entertaining, nex - just added 2, 15, and 16 to complete the set.

^-^

mandru

Very nice PZ.  This is deserving of a slap on the back.  :-X

Do you think we could get these linked to the hot spots on D_B's maps for people that may not ever dig deep enough into the forums to find this thread? 

I've never had trouble with any of the tapes but this is still nice to have as a resource.  On the other hand I've never been able to get all of the predecessor assignments and subsequent tape recordings to show up so I could complete that side mission.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks mandru! Excellent idea, but I do not believe that any single tape is tied to an individual location - as I made my way through Leboa and Bowa, the tapes appeared in correct order (I can't imagine that I guessed the proper sequence  :-())

Have you not heard all of the Predecessor tapes?  These recordings would also be a good resource.  :-X

mandru

That is correct PZ, I've not been able to get the letters to send me out to collect the tapes where they are concealed so I've never seen how that wraps up.

On the Jackal tapes I know they always play in the same order without it mattering where they were collected from.  What I was thinking was if the Jackal Tape icons on D_B's maps could be activated to pop up a new window directed to the start of this thread then anyone searching the maps who is interested in the Jackal's messages would have access to the actual recordings #1 - #17.

If possible I think it would be worth doing if it's not too much of an effort for the net gain.  ;)
- mandru

fragger

Great w@&k on the tapes PZ, here's a kudo from me too :-D :-X

PZ

thanks fragger!  It was fun collecting the tapes  ^-^

@mandru - I guess I have my next assignment (Predecessor tapes)  ^-^  As to the Jackal tapes, we could add a link to the thread similar to the one to the map legend in the FC2 boards  :-X

mandru

I agree PZ.  That approach makes a lot more sense than trying to link up all the tape icons.  :-X
- mandru

PZ

Just added the link thanks to you mandru, for the idea - now no matter which FC2 board you visit, you have link to the recordings.  :-X

As experiment, I tried assembling a playlist through YouTube with an embed link - it seems to w@&k  here is the link.  It starts with the first video and continues through all, and you can select specific items via a bar at the bottom.

mandru

Nice, PZ.  You just keep clicking next until you've dialed in the tape you want to hear.  :-X
- mandru

PZ

Thanks mandru, you can also click the bottom edge of the YouTube window and a scrollable list of the videos appears.  ^-^

Art Blade

another gentle slap on the back from my end, PZ -- well done!  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳