Sniper Elite V2 release in May 2012...

Started by PZ, April 24, 2012, 09:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:) OK matey, thanks anyway :) I might get this game eventually. IF it works on dx9, that is.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

If you liked Ghost Warrior, you'd likely like this game.  In my opinion, it is quite a bit better.

Art Blade

All I need is a bargain (just missed one, steam had it on special sale for 25%) and a non-German version. And it has to w@&k with dx9.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It still appears to be relatively expensive - $29.99 U.S.

Art Blade

49,99€ indeed, like a new game. The sale was for about 13.--€ and 0.99€ for those DLCs

PZ

Art Blade

Thanks to Binnatics (  :bow & +1  :-X ) I'm downloading the game now  :)

PZ

Excellent!  I think you will like it considering how you have enjoyed other sniper games.  :-X

Art Blade

I hope so :)

First impression during a first test coop with Binnatics was generally OK except the characters models look a bit s#!t - they move and look like something you'd get if you crossed Pinocchio with a centaur after chopping off its hind feet. But else, looks promising :)

I have to admit I might be a bit spoiled after playing FC3 and in particular after L.A. Noire.  :-D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on June 21, 2013, 10:19:06 PM
... they move and look like something you'd get if you crossed Pinocchio with a centaur after chopping off its hind feet.

:-D

Gonna have to grapple with that image for a bit...

Art Blade

Art Blade

The "X-RAY cam" which follows after a nice slow motion capture of the bullet travelling towards vital organs or the head is actually quite impressive. Reminds me a bit of the film Romeo Must Die.

[smg id=6033 type=preview align=center caption="boom headshot 01"]

PZ

That slo-mo cam was one of my favorite unique bits from the game.

Art Blade

heh heh heh  :-D

As it was for me in Sniper Ghost Warrior. Only this here is way better :)

Binnatics

Well, I donwloaded the game as well, as for being a coop experience, and had the same impression Art described. Looking forward to some more for today ;) First had some distraction from another try to create a nice Tempeh Peteh, which actually turned out marvellous :)))

Trick in frying Tempeh is to fry it first, and after that give it flavour with whatever herbs you like. Someone ever heard of Peteh Beans? They are weird, but tasty :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

don't know those.. can we snipe 'em? :-()

PZ

Art Blade

Binnatics and I had a couple of hours non-stop fun with coop. And we kept a very close eye on each other  :-D
[smg id=6034 type=preview align=center caption="I can see you too"]

Binnatics

We had a very good time indeed! We've been playing campaign missions, but also a game called Overwatch. One guy is the sniper, the other is the spotter. The spotter goes in and retrieves the intel, while he gets cover from above by the sniper. Watch me on top of the roof scanning the area, spotting the 'spotter' close to the entrance of a building. You can see the location of Art Blade in the square, somewhere close to the centre where you see a little gray circle.

Overview of the square, with Art in the middle, hidden behind a small wall;

[smg id=6036]

Close look on Art coming out of a building where he had destroyed a radio;

[smg id=6035]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

cheers :)

You don't want to know what I was aiming at but the result is still interesting.. ouch.  :-D
[smg id=6037 type=preview align=center caption="broken heart"]

Check the following pic.. what is special about it?
(No, it's not what I am doing although that is still funny: I snuck up behind an enemy sniper and this is moments before I put a silenced bullet into his head)

Spoiler
NO BLOODY HUD ELEMENTS! As opposed to FC3 and other recent games, this one is like FC2. Clean and tidy while you're walking around. Only while changing weapons or getting a score for a kill does some sort of HUD show up. NICE :) Also, you walk around in 3rd person view but sniping with a scope is FPS style. NICE again!  :) :-X

[smg id=6038 type=preview align=center caption="back door"]

PZ

I completely agree; that is an excellent feature of the game.  :-X

Art Blade

This game is exceeding all my expectations.  :-X

Both SP and coop are great. Binnatics and I got all DLC available which include four new SP missions/challenges and a truckload of new weapons, most notably a variety of WWII sniper rifles. We got a couple of new SMGs and pistols, too. Now we can pick a sniper that we like best (trying them all out is very entertaining) and do both the SP missions and coop with those new weapons or old weapons or any combination of both.

The kill-cam/bullet cam slomo plus X-ray cam never gets old for my taste, it is utmost satisfying to see organs burst and bones shatter. Oh, and the *Ding!* sound when you hit a soldier's helmet (the bullet goes right through) Ding! through one metal layer, Crunch! through skull and brains, and out through the other side of the helmet.

NICE  >:D

PZ

I did not know that DLC was available  :-X

I feel the same about your observation regarding the slo-mo cam plus the metalic "ding" as a bullet pierces a helmet - excellent attention to detail on the part of the developers.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 07, 2012, 08:43:41 AMThe only bad thing I see on the console is the autosave feature.  When I leave the game in the middle of a mission, it does not start at the last checkpoint as in all my other games.  Instead, you start at the very beginning of the mission.

Don't you have a "resume" function? We have, and it does continue from the last checkpoint.

Tags:
🡱 🡳