Strange day... once funny and once perplexing...

Started by PZ, March 14, 2009, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Fascinating "moment" this morning - was traveling through the cock fight arena toward Pala intending to start a merc war, which happened according to plan.  The mercs in the GP were successful in overcoming the arena mercs and noticed me - started to give chase in a white Datsun. He caught me just as I was entering the no shooting zone and exited his car, which was right on the border.  Here's the interesting part - as he exited the passenger side (which was in the no shooting zone), he immediately became non-threatening.  While he pointed his shotgun occasionally, he never pulled the trigger.  Intrigued, I went up to him, but he said nothing.  He eventually trudged toward town and blended in with the town mercs.  He never did say anything, even though I kept nudging him.

It was funny watching a merc trudging down the road in a peaceful way.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Wow you made a merc completely speachless..without killing him
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Foghorn Leghorn

Great story, PZ!   :-X  I've never had that happen before.  They always have something to say to me if I nudge them - maybe I'm wearing Jack Carver's old shirt.... ::)

Art Blade

In FC1 I loved the mercs' comments about his shirt LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on August 15, 2009, 08:39:52 AM
Funny moment this morning - Josip was giving me instructions to pick up a ledger from the police chief's brother when he emitted a large, loud beer burp in the middle of his sentence - never heard that one before!

Sorry for bumping an old topic but yesterday I played the exact same mission and as I was getting instructions from Josip he burped ;D so it looks like it´s a scripted event.

Art Blade

;D ;D ;D I've just started a new playthrough, I'll meet Josip sometime soon I reckon. I hope he does that when he's talking to me :)

JRD

Quote from: deadman on January 31, 2010, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: PZ on August 15, 2009, 08:39:52 AM
Funny moment this morning - Josip was giving me instructions to pick up a ledger from the police chief's brother when he emitted a large, loud beer burp in the middle of his sentence - never heard that one before!

Sorry for bumping an old topic but yesterday I played the exact same mission and as I was getting instructions from Josip he burped ;D so it looks like it´s a scripted event.

A scripted burp... what´s the fun in that??  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Well if they have gone to the troubling of scripting working bladders in the mercs I think the odd burb here or there is within reason.

At least they don't pick their noses..........our yours ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Now I understand why sometimes half the savanna is burning for no apparent reason. Until you notice that camp fire and two dead mercs next to it. And an empty can of beans.

RedRaven

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

hehe  ;D

Remember the film "Wall-E"? When he tries to find out about that egg-shaped robot and the camera zooms far out, you see that huge atomic explosion in the middle of nowhere, when she shot in Wall-E's direction...  ;D

PZ

This is not really funny, nor perplexing, but an interesting experience none the less.  I went into the APR headquarters and listened to Kousassi's proposal - however, I did not want to take the mission, so I left.  After a few other missions and just plain goofing around, I returned to find the door open (no doorman), and Kouassi's second offering me the folder (Kouassi was gone).  I took the job and left through the open door - I was able to freely move into and out of the room.

JRD

Maybe you just found another bug trigger! They hand you the payment but you just don`t take it... the game will be "waiting" for you to do so and in the meantime you can fool around!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

You have a good point - in all the prior times I'd played the game, I can recall only a single instance where I had to load a prior save because I could not get past a point.  In my case, it was Nasreen standing on the deck of the barge instead of in the pilot house.

It will remain to be seen if something bad happens as a consequence of my current action!

Tags:
🡱 🡳