Soundmodding?

Started by TheStranger, March 30, 2012, 02:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

fragger

Agree, nice presentation :)

You clobbered a merc from there!? Crikey...

PZ

I forgot to mention that I also extended the effective range of the sniper as well   :-()

nexor

I'm gonna try that one out    :-X

PZ

To thoroughly test the effectiveness of my modded AS50, I went to Weelegol village at dusk.  I am pleased to report that the results were nothing short of spectacular.  From my sniper hide, I was able to take out the merc in the tower at the far end of the area, and the pick off all of the remaining mercs either from direct hit via bullet, or from nearby explosives.  Using the scope of the AS50, it is easy to see all of the flammables, so it was lots of fun taking out the area.

None of the mercs ever did discover my sniper position, so because I patiently waited until the exposed themselves, all met their demise in a humane way.

Now, I'm off to the platform south of PetroSahel to see if I can do some long distance target practice.  >:D

[smg id=4415 align=center width=180][smg id=4416 align=center width=180][smg id=4417 align=center width=180][smg id=4418 align=center width=180]
Just at dusk, these poor Weelegol mercs have no idea a sniper is in the areaHis friend is equally ignorant of the imminent dangerNormally I use the dart when attacking Weelegol, so I typically can't see the merc in the tower at the far end of the area, but here he is in the cross hairs of the mighty AS50... a moment later, he has departed from the African world.  Although the mercs in the village are aware that something has happened, they do not know what, nor from where the assault originates
[smg id=4419 align=center width=180][smg id=4420 align=center width=180][smg id=4421 align=center width=180][smg id=4422 align=center width=180]
I included this pic because of the vibrant colors using the color modAlthough no one in Weelegol knew what the danger was they all were on alert but hiding.  It was an easy matter to pick them off one at a time... and her he is after he met his demise.  Now if I have patience, they will run from one cover to another, and I can easily pick them offThis is an example of a merc on alert, but without knowledge of exactly what the danger is

fragger

Nice w@&k PZ, both your post layout and your FC2 doings :-X 8)

Should be fun from the platform S of Petro Sahel >:D

PZ

Thanks fragger  ^-^

I'm just about off to Africa - just a matter of minutes  >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Quote from: PZ on June 04, 2012, 08:44:59 AM
I forgot to mention that I also extended the effective range of the sniper as well

Now how did you do that?   :-D

PZ

I am not positive it really changed anything because I'd not used the AS50 much before, but the parameter I changed below (in yellow) was from 400 to 500

41_WeaponProperties
    <value name="Name" type="String">Primary.AS50</value>
    <object type="Entity">
      <value name="hidName" type="String">WeaponProperties.Primary.AS50</value>
      <value name="disEntityId" type="UInt64">5474</value>
      <value hash="D2B3429E" type="String">CEntity</value>
      <value name="hidEntityClass" type="Hash">50C95067</value>
      <value name="hidResourceCount" type="UInt32">0</value>
      <value name="hidPos" type="Vector3">
        <x>0</x>
        <y>0</y>
        <z>0</z>
      </value>
      <value name="hidAngles" type="Vector3">
        <x>0</x>
        <y>0</y>
        <z>0</z>
      </value>
      <value name="hidPos_precise" type="Vector3">
        <x>0</x>
        <y>0</y>
        <z>0</z>
      </value>
      <value name="hidConstEntity" type="Bool">False</value>
      <object type="Components">
        <object type="CWeaponProperties">
          <value name="hidHasAliasName" type="Bool">False</value>
          <object type="CommonProperties">
            <value name="sName" type="String">as50</value>
            <value name="sDisplayName" type="String">AS50</value>
            <value name="fReloadTime" type="Float">0</value>
            <value name="bAutoReload" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="bIsSilent" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="bVisibleHolstered" type="Bool">True</value>
            <value name="bEmitLight" type="Bool">False</value>
            <value name="selReloadType" type="UInt32">0</value>
            <value name="selWeaponClass" type="UInt32">5</value>
            <value name="selFireStrategy" type="UInt32">0</value>
            <value name="selReticleType" type="UInt32">0</value>
            <value name="crosshairMagmaAreaName" type="String"></value>
            <value name="iBaseAccuracyLevel" type="UInt32">1</value>
            <value name="fRange" type="Float">500</value>

PZ

PetroSahel Playground

Making my way to the guard tower south of PetroSahel, I realized that the trees were in the way, so went back down to find another perch on a rock nearby.

Each time I use the AS50 in different scenarios, I begin to know the weapon better, and how using it will affect the mercs.  I first took out the sniper on the fuel tank, and as expected all mercs became aware of something amiss, however, only a single man started running toward my general direction, but not exactly at me.  The rest stayed in the area standing while looking around, or running and hiding.  It was easy to take most of them out at this distance, and very easy to set the area completely ablaze using the silent but weapon.  My prior complaint about the silent weapons in vanilla FC2 was that they were so weak they could rarely set off flammables.

Interestingly, the mercs did not know where I was, and only one of them came near.  However even he did not know my exact position.  Really just guessing but I'm thinking that the bHasMuzzleLight parameter was the key to this effect, so here's how I believe the vanilla game worked.  As we all know, once you fire a shot in the vanilla game, the mercs hear you and become aware of your presence.  However the reason they all immediately know your exact position is from the bHasMuzzleLight, which gives them your position.  When I set this parameter to "false", they have not been able to locate me when I use the weapon.

[smg id=4423 align=center width=180][smg id=4424 align=center width=180][smg id=4425 align=center width=180][smg id=4426 align=center width=180]
Green arrow marks the position I took to begin my assault on PetroSahelHere is my favorite merc, perched atop the first fuel tank.  Man those poor fools never learn; each time one of them is killed in that spot, another is ready to take his placeAfter dispatching the fuel tank merc, the next step was to hit an acetylene tank to start the beautiful fires  >:DAlthough I'd been firing for a while, this poor dumb guy never suspected a sniper
[smg id=4427 align=center width=180][smg id=4428 align=center width=180][smg id=4429 align=center width=180][smg id=4430 align=center width=180]
Taking a bead on the fuel dump near the fuel tanks......and the resulting firesI must say this merc sure has nerves of steel - all around him people are dying and fires roaring.  (if you don't initially see him, he is just to the upper left of the aim pointHere's another merc that is not sure what is happening, nor if he should actually do something
[smg id=4431 align=center width=180][smg id=4432 align=center width=180][smg id=4433 align=center width=180][smg id=4434 align=center width=180]
I shot this assault truck three times, which started the black smoke, then it exploded as expected a short time later adding to the area firesI always get a thrill when I can line up yellow barrels in my sights  >:DIt is satisfying to see so many spots ablaze at PetroSahel, especially at dusk or nightAlmost like a good vacation, it is somewhat sad to have to leave.

fragger

Excellent :-X

I always look forward to a visit to Petro Sahel >:D

PZ

Sniping from the Church towers

Next on the list of experimentation was to go to the towns and take up a sniper position in the Church towers.  First Sefapane - I knew I could kill all the mercs and then the "escape" message would disappear.  As in other areas, the mercs did not know where the shots were coming from, until one of them looked up and saw me.  He immediately started firing, and a couple of others joined in.  However, I managed to dispatch them, and other mercs still did not know my position - again until they physically looked up and saw me.  I could hide and no one would find me.  If they did not look up, they were not aware of my position - much more realistic than the vanilla game.

Now on to Mosate, which is one of the endless span areas.  I expected to have my usual experience of shooting a single merc, and then the entire area descend on me like wasps.  However, the experience was just like in Sefapane!  I shot the first one, and no one fired back unless they saw me.  After I shot 20 mercs or so, I went back to ground level and there was only a single merc a couple of buildings over - killed him and moved on.  The others still did not know my position as long as I kept moving.  I stopped in a spot on the west side and the Dragunov merc saw me and started firing, but he was the only one.  I kept moving and even he lost me.  Now on the east side of the town, I was able to easily escape.

I recall one of the biggest complaints on other forums was the awareness of the mercs - shoot one and they all would immediately know your position and descend on you with speed and accuracy.  With the silenced mod, everything is more realistic - after all, mercs are untrained civilians that are amateur soldiers - the game certainly feels more like that now.

I still don't understand why Ubisoft didn't make such a simple change in awareness in one of their patches - the game is much more enjoyable, and it was a simple matter of a few parameter changes.

[smg id=4435 align=center width=180][smg id=4436 align=center width=180][smg id=4437 align=center width=180][smg id=4438 align=center width=180]
Sefapane - taking a position in the Church tower - shot a merc to see how the rest would respondOne of his friends knows something is up, but is unsure how to respondThese two boys are examining the corpse of one of their friendsShot one of them, and the other ran
[smg id=4439 align=center width=180][smg id=4440 align=center width=180][smg id=4441 align=center width=180][smg id=4442 align=center width=180]
Mosate Selao - again taking a position in the Church tower, shot one and stepped back from the windowThe mercs again are on alert, but do not know where the shot came fromShot one and the other took cover...... but he couldn't resist running

PZ

Here's a video of another visit to the Church tower in Sefapane - not a great video but it will give you a good idea how the silent AS50 operates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_OibJJZ8K8#ws

PZ

nexor

Thanks PZ, going to change it now

nexor

I went and did some long distance shooting also

[smg id=4443]                                             

This is the spot where I stood when I took the shots                                 

[smg id=4444]

This is the spot where the second merc was when I shot him   

http://youtu.be/YhR_1t0tbOc   

This is the clip when I shot the two mercs       

PZ

Nice... I'm glad you got the modding sorted   :-X

PZ

Quote from: alfie3007 on June 09, 2012, 01:14:49 PM
Pz .. great presentations.   :-X  :-X ¡Oh! please check out these values ​​and tell us the results.

Thanks alfie ,

I'll check out your new findings - they sound very reasonable  :-X

PZ

Just added the values to the 6P9 and they worked great - just as you expected!  :-X

However adding the same to the AS50 did not appear to change things much, at least in the towns.  I'm going to visit a few other places to see how it goes.  ^-^

Art Blade

alfie, thank you for that research and sharing it with us. Slap on the back for that  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sniping in Bowa Seko

Tried a couple of new areas in the southern map.  The first was to get the mortar merc on the island, and the second was at the Ranger Station

[smg id=4451 align=center width=180][smg id=4449 align=center width=180][smg id=4450 align=center width=180][smg id=4452 align=center width=180]
Taking position at the guard post just northwest of the mortar merc's islandHere's a boat merc that is racing toward my position, although he has no idea why he is doing so... a second later he is gone.Here is another merc at the Pipeline
[smg id=4453 align=center width=180][smg id=4454 align=center width=180][smg id=4455 align=center width=180][smg id=4456 align=center width=180]
The boat mercs were relatively easy to snipe from afar with the mighty AS50Here we are at the Ranger stationThe RPG merc has no idea what is about to befall him... as did this merc

fragger

That modded AS50 is a force to be reckoned with >:D

PZ

For the first time I now have the unfair advantage  >:D

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on May 25, 2012, 07:26:23 AMif I find time for FC2 again I will try it out. Appears to be something I'd really want to try, then. :)

Finally I found time and now I've got an AS50 that sounds like a silenced Makarov. Crazy, and really great  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳