CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

if anyone finds out something useful about "exec" in the console, please let us know :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

You use it to run batches of commands, more useful goodies;
http://fc2m3rc3r.wordpress.com/commands/
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

thanks for the quick reply, DKM2 :)

All it says there is that you can use it to run batch files. What I need to know is, what are the commands inside that batch file...

more specifically, can we use command line cheats in a batch so we could for example switch ignorePlayer on and off, by exec'ing "ignore-on.batch" or "ignore-off.batch"?

and, what is the syntax?

:)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

You make a file containing all the console commands you want to run.
I assume the file needs to be in the FC2 executable folder.

Open console type "exec quikmess" enter

quikmess file contains;
say "you suck"
say "you're gay"
say "losers"

;D
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

apart from I need "command line" (not console commands), didn't you say you'd ban players from your servers for swearing? so, if you used this, would you get kicked by your own server?...

Please people, respect and maintain good language here  :-X

DKM2

Command line?
you mean you want to use it on the command line when starting the game?

I would think it would w@&k the same way
just run something like FC2xxxx.exe -exec mycmds
and mycmds file would contain all the commands you want to run when when starting the game.

The server has a special launcher that automatically has a list of watch words. Banning happens automatically.
I did get myself banned, but luckily I'm the admin and can remove myself from the list.
all in the name of testing of coarse.  ;)  I was alone anyways.

Art Blade

Ok,

I created a file "newtimescale" with one command "GameProfile_timescale 2000"

in FC2 I typed "exec newtimescale" in the console

the game reported in the console it did not know the command GameProfile_timescale 2000

By the way, as a command line it works.

Then I changed the file, I used "timescale 2000"

again, the game exec'ed the batch, but didn't know the command "timescale 2000".

I'd like to find out, how or IF we could use some of those command line cheats inside a batch so we could exec the batch from inside the game, allowing us to toggle cheats. The only way to do so right now is to quit the game and start a shortcut that contains command line cheats.

So, unfortunately, your idea didn't w@&k. Still thanks for the thoughts :)

DKM2

ya, doesn't seem like it.

Art Blade

Meanwhile, I checked the link D_B posted far above in the topic. There is also a section about the XML file (GamerProfile.xml).

After testing quite a bit with different combinations and syntax, it became quite clear that the xml file cannot be processed during game using "exec". In the end, if you manipulate that xml file, it works on starting the game, in other words, same as command line.

No luck so far... anyone?  :)

Again: The goal is to use / toggle cheats DURING game :)

PZ

I've not had any luck - would like to figure out how to toggle the cheats while in the game.  Without knowing how the console interacts with the code and how the executable loads the profiles, it might be a daunting task.

Art Blade

I used your line on the front page now... better we keep it open (toggle cheats) rather than specific (exec) :)  :-X

DKM2

ummm, isn't there a Trainer around that does what your trying to do?
I used to have one for the 1.01 version, and turned cheats on and off all the time while playing.

PZ

There's a thought - I've not ever used a trainer so I guess that's my next project!

DKM2

updated 1.02 version of the one I had, D_B had a different one thou.
http://www.cheathappens.com/show_download.asp?ID=24890

Art Blade

Indeed :)

But: the trainer D_B gave me (RADiANCE) has some weaknesses (it is a little buggy) that you might accidently keep when saving your games, happened to me. The command line cheats, however, do not affect your savegames (apart from unlock weapons).

So, if you use the trainer, best not save your game (except all you do is cheat diamonds with it, save, exit, disable trainer, restart game)

Careful again, don't exceed 900 diamonds, ever. The trainer does not register cheated diamonds properly. If you had currently say 100 diamonds, and cheated 400 extra, you would expect to see 500 in your journal (statistics). Although you have 500, it still shows 100. That might confuse both you and the game, once you get close to 900, not knowing... crash.

It is fun though, but I strongly recommend you don't save when using the trainer. There is only one secure way to get your game back to normal after using the trainer: don't reload, but quit and restart.

RedRaven

also guys note that if your FC2 is v1.01 you can only use trainer v1.01, for 1.02 use trainer 1.02.. you lot probably already knew but i spent hours messing about trying to get trainer to w@&k but it was wrong version (Doh!!!)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I expected nothing less from you, dke58. Than to use the proper trainer, that is  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, I tried several ways to get command line stuff to w@&k in game, had no joy. You have to restart the game. Console commands are only of limited usefulness, the most useful being the FPS commands to show your FPS and the graphics commands to increase/decrease graphics quality so you can fine tune your display to your vid card to get the best quality while still having a decent frame rate.

I'll try that other trainer, see how it works. The only problem I had saving a game while using the trainer was that with high jump enabled, you still had one high jump left after loading the game, and that can kill you if you don't land in water. Though I never actually tried it with god mode turned on now that I think of it. Not sure what the other trainer cheats will do, so it's probably best to turn them all off before saving. Turn off the high jump and do a couple jumps to drain the tank as it were, then turn off god mode, save the game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

RedRaven

i used it with Arts saves and only used ammo/reload/recoil/condition ones on weapons. very good with USAS-12 (it makes it better than the real in the vid on OFP2 boards
;D :-X ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

the USAS is incredible with rapid fire, isn't it :)  even the weak MP5 mows through mercs then  ;D

Art Blade

First post edited - I have added a link to the merc war topic, with savegame download. Check this out   ;)

Art Blade

removed the fullbright help request line from the first post. After 6 weeks no one had an idea of how to toggle cheats in the game, probably there is no way.

Just stick to a couple of different desktop shortcuts, works easy enough ;)

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM
Hello FC2 fans,

here you find PC cheats for Far Cry 2...

Command Line Cheats: Best do it like this:

- Create a desktop shortcut to FC2 and then make copies of it, like 2 or 3 or more...
- rename them to "FC2 god mode" etc
- insert command line parameters in the properties of respective shortcuts as follows

"X:games\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 -GameProfile_timescale 0

those commands can be used in random order, try combine them for different situations, use all or leave out what you don't need. Like that you can create different desktop shortcuts and simply choose how to play today :)

hi every one , i did find something interesting with that finding i think there is umm...no need for a many shortcut icons , we can open the File GamerProfileXML  with a Notepad , Location :My Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2 . and add this cheats in it : AllWeaponsUnlock="1" UnlimitedReliability="1" IgnorePlayer="1" GodMode="1" UnlimitedAmmo="1" SkipIntroMovies="1" TimeScale="0" , for ex : find  the line it says Machete="0" and add those cheats beside it , just make sure there is space between the lines , like this :  Machete="0" AllWeaponsUnlock="1" UnlimitedReliability="1" IgnorePlayer="1" GodMode="1" UnlimitedAmmo="1" SkipIntroMovies="1" TimeScale="0" then save , and remember back up your GamerProfileXML File first before any change , also if you change the setting from the game itself , like the MouseSensitivity , Sound , Gamma , Brightness , Fire , RealTree , Physic Config Quality , the cheats will be lost! ::) so to avoid this , change your settings the way you like before adding those cheats , then add the cheats to the file manually like how it shown above , also you can turn the cheats off before starting ,  New Game or at Mike's Bar attack like that :       GodMode="0" UnlimitedAmmo="0"  ,,, so you dont get stuck ,   also you can make 2 different : GamerProfileXML Files 1: with the cheat on , 2: with the cheat off , All cheats been tested and working , anyway i thought i would share this finding , Thanx for reading  :)

PZ

Excellent Trinity, and welcome to OWG!  It is always great to find a new way to manipulate the game  :-X

Looking forward to you posting your adventures.

Trinity

Thx PZ , i will try to find more [ ihope ] when i have the time to play the game  :) btw i love the site .

Tags:
🡱 🡳