CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LOL

JRD, when you post these tremendous laughs, you always make me laugh too  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Actually, I was terrified by the idea  ;D

But thanks anyway, the thing is to have fun always ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on May 18, 2009, 01:53:19 PMthe thing is to have fun always ;)

can't be said often and loud enough, this is FUN playing and cheating  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Tried a fire last night, didn't make any difference, the fire burned at normal speed and the grass didn't re-grow at anything faster than normal it seemed like - and that was with a time scale of, wait for it,..... 1,000,000. Yes, 1 million. The day/night cycle was like a fast strobe light and very annoying. I didn't bother taking a video because it seemed pointless.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it amazes me how large a number the game engine accepts as valid parameter.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I tried a setting of -10,000 (negative) and it didn't make the sun set in the east and rise in the west, bummer.
D_B

Art Blade

haha, yeah, bummer! cheers for testing though  :-X

Art Blade

added clarification info about timescale 0, which does  preserve the weather too.

Art Blade

edited first post:
a discussion about time&weather has come up, read here.

Art Blade

Added link to ArtMoney (has nothing to do with me) and a small guide how to cheat diamonds.

Art Blade

Researched timescale for real time :)

I completely redesigned the first post, it was too colourful. Added a feature for dke58 (savegames) :)

PZ

Outstanding w@&k, Art!  :-X

Art Blade

thank you :)

I noticed that I, erm, completely forgot to explain GodMode... for those who never cheat, it is perhaps of importance to understand what it actually does. Done. :)

Art Blade

- I added a link to dke58's main topic "quick start saves"

- About real time: after a longer period of non-stop playing I think I need to adjust that timescale again. I deleted specific references (the value) in my last posts yet linked to this topic.

Right now I think it's not timescale 1.5 but 1.3 - I'm not sure if the time is instable (background activities, CPU focus) or if it is the value itself. I know that integer 1 and 2 were either too slow or too fast, easily noticeable after like 15/20 minutes real time. Now with "1.3" it looks better... in the end, it's not that your real life depends on game time precision, but I'd like to have it as close as possible to real time :)

PZ

Anyone know the parameter for the "zombie" cheat?

Dweller_Benthos

Add -zombieai to your game shortcut
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, I didn't know it worked without "gameprofile..."

I just tried it. It didn't w@&k when I loaded a save where I already was in Sefapane, but the second save I loaded worked (no AI around, drove to Sefapane, and there they were... not moving... I shot a few, but my weapon went up innocently as if nothing had happened) :)

btw, added D_B's comment to the first post.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 31, 2009, 06:21:18 AM
Add -zombieai to your game shortcut

Thanks D_B, worked like a charm, but like Art, I did not think it was working initially.  Went through a guard post and they nearly killed me.  Then went to Sefapane and the mercs were just standing there like good little kids...

Art Blade

hahaha! same here, nearly got killed when I shot the first "zombie" who actually only dozed off a little. Until I shot him  ;D

Art Blade

I'm never satisfied... made some slight modifications about the first post again. Especially regarding ZombieAI and dke58's save games. :)

Art Blade

Re: TimeScale

Man, I'm through with real-time testing "real time" LOL

Updated first post.

PZ

Is there a way to open the command window (tilde) and turn on/off the IgnorePlayer cheat?

My thought is to have IgnorePlayer turned on while I drive to a location - simulating more closely "real life" - the mercs don't know what I'm up to yet so they leave me alone.  Then when I reach my destination, turn off the IgnorePlayer cheat to do the mission.  This would create more "immersion" because I can travel the countryside left alone, can watch the mercs at their activities, and then turn on the attack mode to finish the mission.

RedRaven

the button to the left of number 1, above TAB opens up the console and some things in profile are in there, just type help for a list (know bod all beyond that, sorry)

also what is the default time ratio ? (looked thru posts but didnt see it, apologies if missed it but got a convoy to blow up ???)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

PZ, I wish there was (as in other games), but not that I know of.

The console allows for "auto-complete" (as in unix, I hear), meaning if you type in one letter, say "e", and hit [TAB] (tabulator key), the console automatically completes "e" to "evict_resources". The console does not recognise those cheat codes... but the next command starting with "e" is "exec" as in execute a file (you can see that if you keep hitting [TAB] after "e".

If you type exec (or "e" followed by two times [TAB]) and complete the line like "exec GamerProfile.xml", the game reports that it does not know certain elements that you can read in GamerProfile.xml, but apparently it computed that file. So there is a chance to create a file containing cheat codes, but I have no idea regarding specifications.

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on June 01, 2009, 05:25:59 PMalso what is the default time ratio ? (looked thru posts but didnt see it, apologies if missed it

It's 6

you find it in the first post under "timescale" :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳