FC2 Realistic Weapons Pack V1.1.1 Hotfix

Started by TheFishlord, March 15, 2012, 05:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

That could be the ultimate answer, I for one have a selection of weaponry I feel comfortable with depending on the mission I'm on, so the rest of the mod goes to waste on me.
One thing though, as the high jump mod was done in player.xml, and TheFishLord mods were done in the other xml files I do not see how that would affect the high jump

PZ

Although I don't know the definitive answer, the patch files might contain all of the xml files, so it might be using the vanilla player.xml.

nexor

By the way PZ, when the modding started you did the one diamond purchase mod and posted the patch, I downloaded and installed it but I cannot seem to locate the file, I'm busy sorting out all the modding files in case I have to do a re-install

PZ

nexor

PZ

This is the link, but I'm not sure it is going to help much - I changed only a few weapons (see the description), made everything available from the start, and changed the cost to one diamond each.  It is truly a cheat file  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Thanks PZ, I take it this is the modded gamemodesconfig, I will compare it to the Vanilla to see the changes you made   :-X

nexor

Something I don't understand, the one you posted is the modded one, I just compared it to the original one from gibbed, they are identical   ???

PZ

Strange - I'll need to examine my file and see what is up.   ????

PZ

Nexor, I downloaded and checked the file and the cost of any weapon is 1 diamond, and everything is available from the beginning.  Here are a couple of the lines:

Spoiler
            <Item category="weapons" subcategory="primary" name="ithaca crate"  nameOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_ITHACA_CRATE_NAME" descriptionOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_ITHACA_CRATE_DESCRIPTION"   availability="0" needsUnlock="0" cost="1"  layer="Missions/WeaponBazaar/Primary/Ithaca" unlockUpgrade="0" icon="hud_icon_ithaca"/>
            <Item category="weapons" subcategory="primary" name="spas12 crate" nameOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_SPAS12_CRATE_NAME"  descriptionOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_SPAS12_CRATE_DESCRIPTION"  availability="0" needsUnlock="0" cost="1" layer="Missions/WeaponBazaar/Primary/SPAS12" unlockUpgrade="0" icon="hud_icon_spas12"/>
            <Item category="weapons" subcategory="primary" name="usas12 crate" nameOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_USAS12_CRATE_NAME" descriptionOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_USAS12_CRATE_DESCRIPTION"     availability="0" needsUnlock="0" cost="1" layer="Missions/WeaponBazaar/Primary/USAS12" unlockUpgrade="0" icon="hud_icon_usas"/>
            <Item category="weapons" subcategory="primary" name="fnfal crate" nameOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_FNFAL_CRATE_NAME" descriptionOasis="WEAPONBAZAAR_FNFAL_CRATE_DESCRIPTION"      availability="0" needsUnlock="0" cost="1" layer="Missions/WeaponBazaar/Primary/FNFAL" unlockUpgrade="0" icon="hud_icon_FAL"/>

nexor

Thanks PZ, I'm installing the game onto my other pc so I can compare the modded xml files to the originals, I'm trying to find the high jump fault, after I loaded TheFishLords RWP v1.1.1 I lost the high jump, I removed the RW Pack but my high jump didn't return. loaded a previous save got my high jump back but only for a while then lost it again. I started a new game from scratch but still no high jump.  :D

PZ

Did you save your old patch files?  The one you had just before you installed the weapons mod?

The way I test a mod is to rename my original patch.dat and patch.fat foles to something like patch.dat$ and patch.fat$

This way if I want to revert to the last patch file I used, I simply delete the new patch files and rename my old ones to their original names.  Now I can start the game again, and it might take a save or two, but the old ways will reappear again.

nexor

I save the old ones in a special folder, but I found the fault, remember in gibbed's tutorial on how to mod the jump
Quote•   Open modding\mymod\patch.xml and
after
Code: [Select]
<object external="17_pile_archetypes.xml" />add
Code: [Select]
<object external="player.xml" />Save the file.

somehow that insert was removed, after I added it again my high jump returned

PZ

TheStranger

One question arises to me concerning the flamethrower mercs: So I asume that they are firing at you even if they are too far away and could never reach you - or are they trying to get in range and then start to fire (haha)

PZ

The flamethrower mercs are hilarious - they start firing as if they are using automatic weapons - I've seen them light the grass around themselves on fire, and have seen them torch their own friends when they step in the way.  Yep - these guys can off their own mates!  :laugh:

TheFishlord

I gave them shotgun merc AI, so they do try to close the distance, but they'll still fire at close to medium range. (I would consider flamethrower range to be "very close") They're more a hindrance to their own team in flammable areas but they can be a real terror in urban environments - the flame will just wash around cover.

I found it interesting that having the flamethrower seemed to trigger some other type of AI response - if they can't find you, sometimes they will just start burning down the jungle where they saw you last, like a real soldier would.

Still, can't blame them...what would you do if that psycho merc was out there?

PZ

I'd likely do the same - anything to keep the psycho merc away  :-()

Art Blade

I'd start to lob hand grenades randomly  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Oh cool that sounds great!  :-X And I assume that most of the mercs in FC2 are psychos hehe

PZ

Quoting the famous Will Rogers; "I never met a merc I didn't like"   >:D <or something like that>

Ruthless Reuban

Excellent mod, thanks for this. I combined this with my own "very hard" mod and except lots of fun to come.

Too bad Far Cry 2 is way too easy. Vanilla FC2 is just a run through. With my mod (not available public) it's not so run through but still too easy. I'm curious to see what difference this will make.

Tags:
🡱 🡳