What are your favorite weapons and why?

Started by PZ, December 23, 2011, 11:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

There is a dagger that you get later in the game that is quite good (name begins with "M", and Vlads sword is fairly good.  There are a couple of large axes that are also good according to the stats, and even take down the Jennisaries quite well.

Altair's sword is a bit disappointing - other "standard" game weapons (like the dagger above) appear to be as good or better.

mandru

Mehmet's Dagger which is received for completing part 1 of the Den Master's training mission called "The Trickster" is as highly rated as any of the swords and is maxed on the three vital stats Block, Speed and Damage.

Yusuf's Turkish Kijil is my sword of preference ( and is awarded from completing Part 1 of the Den Master's training mission called "The Deacon" again maxed on all three vital stats.  Yusuf's Turkish Kijil isn't as cool as Vlads blade but I'm too practical to care too much for fashion.   :-D

While being able to throw the axes is neat and very effective (once) you have to take the time to walk over and pick it back up.  :(  This I found to usually occur while I was in deep trouble and trying to keep myself alive.

Let's see now, which one of these corpses did I park my axe in?   :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 23, 2011, 11:33:18 AM
Mehmet's Dagger ...

That's the one I like!  I use it almost exclusively, on just about everyone.

mandru

Mehmet's Dagger is as good as it gets but it's a little short on reach for my fighting style.  :-(

Which is why I'm either set to go with hidden blades loaded for sudden ambushes or Yusuf's Turkish Kijil when things heat up.

I retrospect I think that the mission The Trickster which awards Mehmet's Dagger is either the first den you have to do the Den Defense for or the Den you claim with Yosef where you cross over in the ferry to meet him.  One of those two Den's Master training missions awards it.  :-X
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 23, 2011, 11:47:23 AM
...I'm either set to go with hidden blades loaded for sudden ambushes or Yusuf's Turkish Kijil when things heat up.

I'll have to try that sword  :-X

One other thing I notice is that each weapon seems to have it's own special animations that run when in high profile mode, at least, that is the case with the few weapon choices I have experienced.

PZ

Interestingly, although Vlad's sword is rated slightly less than the Turkish Kijil or the Almogavar axe, I have been more successful killing the Janissarys than I am with the better weapons.  Plus the kill animations are spectacular.  :-()

A Janissary will often step back to take a shot at you, which leaves you with precious few seconds to respond.  I have my throwing knives set as secondary weapons so as soon as they step back, I'll throw a knife and go in for the kill.  This is mostly effective, even if I have to go through a couple of rounds of attack/throw knife.

KMcWilliams

Now I noticed that the topic is Favorite weapon, and not most used or the ones deals the greatest damage. When confronted with overwhelming numbers and usiing several attack combos I really like Mehmet's Dagger.

Since game 1, my favorite, and the one that I try to strategically use more than any other, is the hidden blade(s). Yeah, there are plenty of scenarioes where the hidden blade is not the best weapon for the situation. But I do make all efforts to to set up scenarios, where I can make the most of my hidden blades. To that end, the poison darts, poison blades and smoke bombs, w@&k great in trying to strategically develop the situation so that I may use my stealth tactics. Killing from hiding places also makes for great fun.

While being proficient in all weapons is a neccesisty for all AC games, there is nothing more satisfying than stealthily moving in on a target, distracting everyone else, and when the others look up or regain their focus it is, "This guy is dead. How the hell did that happen ? "

And if I might be a little presumptious here, I believe that as much as possible, that is how the assassigns would have tried to operate in real life, historically speaking. Kind of like ninjas of old, or S.E.A.L.s of today. Or even like my FarCry 2 characters. : )

PZ

Mehmet's dagger is one of my favorites when visiting Cappadocia - the blade does quick w@&k against the Almogavar guards - chain kills are quite common.

mandru

I find it's best to not waste a poison dart on a guard who is crouched to examine a dead body.

Really!  Wait till he's standing upright then tag him.  For some weird reason the poison doesn't take effect when they are crouched.  It's as if it never happened leaving you one poison dart poorer.   ???
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳