Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning

Started by Fiach, February 10, 2012, 05:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

I'm playing on the x360 w/ controller....heck, maybe there's a kill cam option I should change?  That might be a possibility because it will , sometimes, go into cinema mode while I'm still fighting...

I guess I'll stop fretting the level process. I'm at 35 now and I've only done the 2 DLC's and the HoB faction quest. Never done Travelers so I'm heading that way now....new dungeons to loot ya know  >:D

Fiach

My kids have the 360 version with no problems, so I cant recommend anything sorry :(.

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on July 08, 2012, 02:40:17 PM
My kids have the 360 version with no problems, so I cant recommend anything sorry :(.

NP  :)

The only camera option is sensitivity so I lowered that from default and it seems tighter. Just played 'Break the siege', and I felt more in control vs Balor. Took a little more damage this time because I went with lighter armor, and I switched destinies to F/S so heavy armor was out. Against Balor I just moved in close and hammered him (it) with lightning, ice and poison arrows  >:D

Fiach

Actually you just reminded me, back when I started Amalur, I had to do something like that, I clean forgot as it was back at release, but, yeah, i did have a problem. :)

KingRat

Hey, I'm closer to 70 than 60 so I have a built in excuse  :-D

Played the Travelers & Scholia Arcana quests the last 2 days. Smoked Sydanus this time, first go it was quite a battle. Either the level or my build made the difference, or possibly my custom prismere chakrams  :angel:

Fiach

I never did the traveler quests, Are they good compared to eg The Ballads? The scholia was cool, but the apartment you get was too awkward to be of use compared to the place in webwood.

KingRat

I like the Travelers quest ok; it got me to use stealth more instead of my usual 'in your face' style. Has two options for the ending; I should have made 2 saves before going into the last dungeon.

I have a hard time comparing quests, especially those two because they're so different. I think Scholia is my favorite, except for the living quarters you get, but hey, I was really racking up the chicken kills in there  >:D

House of Valor and House of Sorrows are my least favorite, and might not get played this time through...

Fiach

I have HoV, but I never bothered with it, iirc its kinda of horde mode or something stupid like that.

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on July 12, 2012, 02:21:26 PM
I have HoV, but I never bothered with it, iirc its kinda of horde mode or something stupid like that.

It's ok to play once, but I can't see myself doing more. It's gladiator style and all takes place in the arena. You get put in charge of the Crows with one  from each M/F/S, and you only get to choose one of those to go against 5 (or more sometimes). Choose the partner that best fits what the opposing team brings, and there are some twists to the plot  :) Make up some 'fate potions' and focus on the bosses; that's what I didn't do the first time and the fights were real slug fests :-()

Fiach

I figured thats what it would be like, I'm not a big fan of that kind of gameplay, I didnt like it in Borderlands or some other games either.

KingRat

On the positive side, you do get a recurring income stream like from the mine. Also, some good unique armor pieces from the guy betting on you  :)

Fiach

The armour sounds interesting I'll check it out, cheers :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳