Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning

Started by Fiach, February 10, 2012, 05:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

I haven't bothered reloading, but I do see plenty of 'bonus' things listed when I salvage gear with armor/utility slots. Been spending the last few days on the Dead Kel dlc, and it's quite fun. Only regret I have is starting this current quest (Gravehal Keep) so late. It's like a game within a game, so if/when you get around to playing Dead Kel do yourself a favor and find Padrig Dower and start the quest early.... :-X

I'm a level 5 Paragon right now and I'm thinking about going all Sorcery (have about 100 points)....

On the Nerotelos puzzle, you'd remember if you ever explored there. As soon as you enter and start down the stairs a cage drops down over the crypt in the room. On top of the crypt are the bow, a great sword and a crown and scattered around are scrolls from a previous treasure hunter......plenty of traps to navigate too  :)

Fiach

I dont remember that quest, I have max detect hidden so traps arent a problem :)

As regards Sorcery, you will have more points than one class can accomadate, I mixed in Finesse, but some people I know use it with Might and love it too, horses for courses I guess :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Not quite a quest on it's own, but you do get there via another quest. Plenty of tripwires, floor spikes and arrow traps to disarm...had no problem with those, it was those swinging blades and rotating floor knives I had to dodge since I never found a way to disable them...got bounced around plenty running the gauntlet  :-D

Have 105 in sorcery, and Archmage is 109. I'll probably go back to a split M/S when I get to 110; as that should allow Tier 6 (Champion) if I do an even split 55/55......

Oh, one thing I can never seem to get working is 'mark of flame'? Says to tap the button to mark a target, but which button? Believe me, I've tried all kinds of combos.....guess I'd better hit google  :)

EDIT: Ok, R2+y should do it. Guess I need to be quicker on the tap because I kept bringing up the bubble  :D

KingRat

Well, that didn't w@&k either but I finally did get it going. Had to do a 'fate shift' and drop that bag of bones companion. I missed the sword play so I went back to a M/S split; only this time the points are divided 39/66.  :)

Fiach

I think you tap the button first to set the targets alight, then I think you hold the button to detonate, its pretty awesome, I used to lay traps, then when enemies were stuck in the traps, I blow them up  >:D

KingRat

Too many skills and not enough buttons  :'( All my buttons are mapped to Sorcery skills and the points I put into Might that require a button tap are wasted.  :D Still having fun with it though, and finished the Scholia Arcana faction quest last night. If the level cap is still 40 then I'll be there way before the end game.

Fiach

Yeah thats why I only did the main quest in the teeth dlc. My favourite quest line was house of ballads, I thought the theme of the cyclical birth/death/rebirth, then the poignancy of those one the losing end, condemned to always lose and their desire to escape the cycle to be a really neat moral dilemma.

KingRat

I've been meaning to do the Ballad's quest, just haven't got around to it yet. Ran across the House of Valor while exploring the desert so I did that one yesterday....my 'to do' list is shrinking a tad. Only have 'Breaking the siege' in main quest, about 3 in side and 9 tasks...completed 150+ so far.

Been making my own armor, except for the flawless helm, and have the DR at 1769....at least I think that figure is the DR, didn't see anywhere in the manual that explained it? My 'Robe' set is pretty good too at about 800....pretty sure it's all Spiritweave components. I think I can do even better once I start finding/buying more flawless parts :-X

I tried salvaging some 'gold' armor and found I could only salvage complete sets...my stash is full of purple & gold.....and jewelry (only purple, sell the rest) :)

Fiach

I forget what DR means, I never made armour, I just made weapons, but they totally surpassed any purple weapons, so your armour must be pretty awesome :)

KingRat

Got it up to 1875 now :) I'm pretty sure it's Defense (total). The set I made is all 'prismere' based. I took your advice on saving before salvage after I lost some prismere Chausses I was salvaging...good thing I had another set. The chest piece (cuirass) was a green Savant's, but because of the 332 rating I figured it was prismere so I 'saved'  :-X and broke it down/rebuilt and now have 478 rated cuirass. Would probably be higher if I had more 'flawless' parts.

Like you said, the prismere hammer I made beats any I've found in the wild, and it's red matches the armor :-D 

Fiach

Thats cool mate, I dont think I would have enjoyed the game as much without the crafting, it added a really nice extra dimension to the game. :)

KingRat

How to Map Abilities in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Well if that doesn't make me feel dumb, but at least now I know how to switch/remap abilities  :D

Put my main character(Varani male) on hold and started a new game on my other profile. Using an Almain female and trying your Rogue/Mage class; although the point spread 4/11/21 is leaning sorcery...of course the 4 points in might are in the longsword  :)

Currently working on the House of Ballads faction quest... :-X 

Fiach

Quote from: KingRat on June 21, 2012, 05:10:32 PM
Well if that doesn't make me feel dumb, but at least now I know how to switch/remap abilities  :D
Currently working on the House of Ballads faction quest... :-X

....erm... no comment?  8-X  :laugh:

KingRat

Quote from: Fiach on June 22, 2012, 05:37:54 AM

....erm... no comment?  8-X  :laugh:

That be me alright :(

Finally took #1 and finished the main quest line. I thought my character was overpowered with a DR of 2127 until I saw someone with a 4700  ???? During that main quest I switched from the M/S 61/62 build to a Universalist  M/F/S 41/41/41 build. This lowered my DR to 1850 but gave me +3 to all skills. Even at 1850 the Balor & Tirnoch bosses couldn't do any damage (normal), and the fights only lasted a couple minutes. The boss fight in the House of Sorrows faction quest was probably my toughest....

Found an armor set (Nightstone) that I like the looks of and spent a day farming ToN to get all the pieces. So then I go and switch to an F/S 63/60 setup and I can't use that armor  :laugh: So I'm currently using a Rogue set I made with my Dreadscale hood matched to some unique pieces...

Have almost 10,000,000 in reserve so changing destinies hasn't become to expensive. I've taken advantage of that Mel Senshire backpack exploit to up my capacity to 190....poor Illyan  ;)   

Fiach

Dunno what the exploit is mate, but I think I had 100 or so spaces., I never farmed any sets of armour as they are too random for my taste, it would be one of my main complaints about the game.

KingRat

The exploit is, kill the vendor (Illyan Doldan) pay the fine sleep for 48 come back and he's back and restocked...grab the backpack rinse repeat :)

I know what you're saying about so many sets, and the randomness. The Nightstone caught my eye and that's why I farmed it. What's funny is after leaving Naros to do something else then on coming back the first Marauder I killed had the part I spent all day looking for :laugh:

Since you indicated you like the Rogue type, here is the unique set I'm currently using except I'm using my own crafted hood> Watcher's Hood, Huntmaster's Regalia, Dirgesinger Gloves, Bladedancer's Leggings and Reaper's Boots.... :-X

Might give 'Dogma' a try, but I've got a backup to clear out first... 

Fiach

None of those names ring a bell, so I probably havent come across them, I havent a clue what I wore on characters, I did have some DLC armour sets, but I dont remember any of the other stuff that I wore, I doubt they were complete sets, I would just mix n match as I found stuff.

I bought the 360 version for the kids, since the devs went out of business, the price dropped to €17 here, so hopefully I'll get to play it on a widescreen soon :)

As regards dogma, its a bit of a time soak, I probably have 150+ hours at this stage and will probably get at least 50-100 more with farming Everfall and the Ur Dragon (a post game boss that can be fought online for uber gear, or offline for lesser drops), so clearing a backlog would be a good idea if you were considering starting it :)

KingRat

I said 'unique set' when I meant individual unique 'purple' components....but you probably figured that out.  :)

If you get into Dead Kel look for the Privateer set pieces. I found all 5 and have my female ch wearing that all black rogue armor. I've got about 500 hrs into this game, split about 400/100  :angel:

I put DD on my Amazon wish list, but it might be a while before I hit the 'buy' button. Spec Ops: The Line arrived last week and is sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Also remembered I still have a character in Borderlands I wanted to finish up with before B2 releases  :-()

Fiach

Spec Ops looks good, I read a few reviews, but like yourself, I'm a bit too swamped to play it at the moment, but at least by the time I get a chance it will have dropped a bit in price.

I'll keep an eye out for that dead kel stuff, I still have KoA on my PC, I love the game, cant understand why it gets dissed so much.

KingRat

Made a set of armor yesterday that turned my female from plain ninja into 'elegant' ninja  :) Found the last piece of Trollhide armor I needed to make a complete set so I salvaged and rebuilt using mostly master & flawless components.

Hey, it's your fault for turning me onto the 'smithy' stuff......thanks!  :-D Since you've done weapon builds I think you should give armor a go  :-X

Fiach

Yes, its a game I will always play, so I will do armour when I get back to it.

I had a DLC ninja armour (Running Man?) and it looked crap, so that "elegant" look sounds interesting :)

KingRat

Just wanted to say I thought Dead Kel was worth the $10, if just for the Capt. Brattigan npc. I'm pretty sure I got my monies worth in laughs alone  :laugh:

The only minor complaint I have about the game, well two actually. I think the leveling system was to easy or they should have added more with each DLC. I have no problem moving up 20 levels just with DK & ToN alone. My first play I had over 200 quests/tasks completed, and this time I'm at 32 with 86 completed. IDK, maybe they designed it to have the main quest be the focus then come back and pick up the rest??

Second compliant would be the camera being a little loose....

Fiach

In fairness to the camera, the action is so fast and fun, I cant see any camera being perfect for it tbh.

The lack of a level cap increase is disappointing, Probably something they couldnt get around to as the money was running out on them. I would just do the factions and the DLC (I like the Sidhe with its irish connection, so I would do that too), other than those I guess I would not bother with anything else and just persue the main quest. its not like you need to be high level to finish it, you can just power through to the end.

KingRat

I guess my main complaint about the camera came during the Balor battle. I felt out of touch with my character; just trying to back up would cause the camera to drop through the floor texture. Once I saw that 'awesome' eye beam of Balors' wasn't doing any damage I just started throwing bolts, and hacking at him when I could....very weak boss IMO  :angel:

Just started ToN again, but this time I'll do like you and pass the side quests. I am a collector though so sometimes it's hard to pass opportunities  :) I've already made one trip back to load my stash chest  ;D

Fiach

Out of curiosity do you use mouse and KB or a 360 controller, because I used a 360 controller and didnt really have any problems.

Tags:
🡱 🡳