The Last of Us

Started by ninzza, January 30, 2012, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

Quote from: PZ on July 22, 2013, 10:18:02 PM...my son recommended the game as one being somewhat similar to the Uncharted series.
It's uncanny how much Joel's expressions mimic Nathan Drake's at times. Otherwise it's a lot more free-flowing in movement than Uncharted. Do remember that it's a survival horror though, so not too much ammunition. You can build up a reasonable stock of components to make new weapons once you're au fait with the gameplay.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on July 23, 2013, 11:31:56 AM
It's uncanny how much Joel's expressions mimic Nathan Drake's at times. Otherwise it's a lot more free-flowing in movement than Uncharted. Do remember that it's a survival horror though, so not too much ammunition. You can build up a reasonable stock of components to make new weapons once you're au fait with the gameplay.

I'm kind of on the fence with this one; I like the Uncharted games despite their linearity because they play almost like you're in a movie, and you never see the same scene twice.  I've never been two fond of the zombie games - I recall Red Dead Redemption, which I liked, but when I purchased the zombie version I didn't even finish the game.  Same story with Dead Island

Quote from: Art Blade on July 23, 2013, 09:44:44 AM
How I found it: Go to the More Games: INDEX of Other Games (all boards) <updated>, use CTRL+F and type in "last of" and ta-dah..  :-()

Thanks AB; I was going to look in the index, but then became distracted and before you know it, I forgot all about the game index.  :laugh:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Just started this game last week. With the limited time playing I found it not too bad a game but for the long cut scenes. I guess they are for continuity. Learning the crafting skills is a must and as this was a preplayed game the instructions were missing. Guess I should go online to find them.
Anyway learning stealth is a must for the clickers and some of the army guys. I must say those dudes should carry more ammo so I can "borrow " it when they have gone for a dirt nap.
Gonna keep playing and will post again.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

Well have now finished the game. Marks....9.5 for the environment.    9 for the story n game. 8 for the ending as I (spoiler alert) did not know if Ellie lives. I think with the blisters she was in the sun too much, has an extreme case of fungus or will turn and have the colony for lunch.
Any comments.  ;)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

well done, old warrior  :-D :-X

Binnatics

You'd deserve another medal for that.... well here's a slap on the back anyway  :-X +1 :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳