How to remove malaria from the game

Started by shelmez, December 10, 2011, 11:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

fragger -- that's when your (rather) new avatar will come in handy.. an emphasising headbutt with that "cap" there sure enough helps to impress.. and if you do it repeatedly, to even imprint.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:laugh:

I guess that's what you'd call a "Ned" butt - nyuk nyuk nyuk

PhilmorBowls

Quote from: shelmez on December 10, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
The file gamemodesconfig.xml

and where do you find this file to alter,ive looked and theres no gamemodesconfig.xml to be found

PhilmorBowls

that link is in russian and cant translate properly and all i get is ad page after ad page when it said click an ad page and wait 30's then download will appear at top but never does.anyway you can make this english or send link to an english ad site so i can actually get it?

PhilmorBowls

Quote from: shelmez on December 11, 2011, 01:51:46 AMThe link http://ifolder.ru/27500566 you can download and try to play without malaria

that link is no longer working,and its all russian,im american and bing only translates the same page over and over and cant get it to the download with out paying,thats bull.

nexor

Welcome PhilmorBowls, have you got the Gibbed Tools for modding installed or not yet?

Art Blade

Hello PhilmorBowls and welcome to OWG :)

First off, I pruned your posts (the quotes there) so we don't have to read entire quoted posts but instead get to see what you initially wanted to show us. I also edited your forum profile because you didn't use spaces between the games you listed which resulted in one single line of games that poked into your own posts.

Then to your question about that gamemod file, I think nexor got the right idea: you will get to see it after you installed and used the tools required. Here is a quick link that should help you getting started. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Thanks Art, I knew either you or PZ would come up with the right link :-X

LeoTTarDo

this is really great, "cure me" succesfully from malaria but i got a question there is any way of just reduce the malaria effect i mean not quite just be less sick?

Art Blade

Remove the mod every half hour :-D

No idea, mate. How about you make backups and start to experiment.. and make your own mod  :) :-X

PZ

Quote from: shelmez on December 10, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
The file gamemodesconfig.xml <Malaria
     FirstAttackTime = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaTimeBeforeFirstAttack"
     BetweenAttackTime = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaTimeBetweenEachAttack"
MinorAttackQte = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaMaxNumberOfMinorAttack"
MinorAttackDuration = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaMinorAttackDuration"
/>
    replace with

<Malaria
     FirstAttackTime = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.HealthMax_Infamous"
     BetweenAttackTime = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.HealthMax_Infamous"
MinorAttackQte = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.HealthMax_Infamous"
MinorAttackDuration = "Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.HealthMax_Infamous"
/>
       and more the player will not get sick of malaria, and tablets can be thrown out )))))

I'd play with these values in gamemodesconfig.xml, then build the patch to see what happens.  I believe the "infamous" lines are the ones that indicate the lack of malaria, so if you used another difficulty level, the malaria effect might be changed.  However, this just a guess, and perhaps a place to start.

Knightmare

Quote from: LeoTTarDo on November 28, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
this is really great, "cure me" succesfully from malaria but i got a question there is any way of just reduce the malaria effect i mean not quite just be less sick?
You can edit these curves for the malaria effects in 23_curves.xml:

Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaTimeBeforeFirstAttack
Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaTimeBetweenEachAttack
Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaMaxNumberOfMinorAttack
Curves.PlayerSicknessCurves.MalariaMinorAttackDuration

Edit the "Value" section of each of the knots in each curve as opposed to the "Info" section.
Then make sure that 23_curves.xml is enabled in your patch.xml file and build the entitylibrarypatchoverride.fcb file before building the patch.dat.

Art Blade

Thanks for your help, Knightmare :) No one came up with a solution until now but you, so here have a Kudos +1  :) :-X

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳