AC:R for PC - The Agony and the Ecstasy

Started by mandru, November 30, 2011, 10:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

It's a game.  We're supposed to have fun.

They wouldn't have put those punching bags in the game if we weren't supposed to harass them as we see fit.   ^-^

Speaking of punching bags do you remember Duccio the cheating rat's a** that was engaged to Ezio's sister Claudia from AC:2 (I believe he also made an appearance in AC:B) but there he was sloppy drunk and staggering around trying to dance.  Over his head was one of the little red "Kill Me" targets which for my part I was happy to comply but the trouble was that he wouldn't stay dead!

I hit him with everything I could think of.  Poison darts, crossbow bolts, hidden blades and even a sneak up from behind bare handed punch in the spine with backwards neck snap but the creep wouldn't go down and stay down.   :o   If I was anywhere within that quadrant of the game there was his red target marker visible on the screen pestering me to come take another shot and he was on one of the fastest re-spawn timers I've ever seen in a game.  He even managed to get tangled into the middle of one of the Den Master's training missions (the first time he got poisoned) because I was in eagle vision and suddenly there were two targets. 

It wasn't until I ran past him on some faction challenge chore that I noticed that there was a nearby scaffolding and because it was fresh in my memory from having just looked at the "to do list" I remembered that a number of kills by throwing into scaffolds were required!  A quick grab and chuck and I've added an amusing post script to add to the end of my next letter to my dear little sister Claudia.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I remember him. I think I never enjoyed so utterly beating up someone as in that scene on the market place where I dominated and humiliated him and continued punching his face until its colour had gone through all colours on a decent palette you can think of.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 12, 2011, 04:52:36 PM
...If I was anywhere within that quadrant of the game there was his red target marker visible on the screen pestering me to come take another shot and he was on one of the fastest re-spawn timers I've ever seen in a game.  He even managed to get tangled into the middle of one of the Den Master's training missions (the first time he got poisoned) because I was in eagle vision and suddenly there were two targets.

This morning I killed that guy, and then a bunch of guards tried to take me out - once I dispatched them, I went back to loot Duccio, but he was alive again.  The funny part is that his old body was dead on the ground - killed him and then there were two.  That's the fastest re-spawn I've ever encountered - a new one before the old body is dead.

mandru

Duccio also makes a Revelations appearance in the cinematic at the start of Sequence 4-3 where he's trying unsuccessfully to hit on Sophia.  His reaction when Ezio comes on the scene is brilliant. :laugh:

Sequence 4-3 is also perfect for completing the Mercenary Challenge to have 10 Combo Chain Kills of at least 5 soldiers.  There are no Janissaries involved in that replay who no matter how hard I try are next to impossible to 1-hit.

There is one Rifleman there who jumps into the fray from the pier in front of the ship and tends to always foul things up because he stands back far enough you can't chain kill him but time after time I had trouble with Ezio lunging towards him (and missing) or right at a key moment catching a rifle round in the back either way breaking any kill count I had in a Chain.  He can easily be cleared out of the way by sneaking into the area undetected to the roof top with the zip line above and behind him.  I give him one quick poison dart and then sneak back out of the restricted area to the Sequence starting spot without setting off any alarm bells so that I can enter the area again using a Hook and Run right over one of the two Agiles on the right side of the four lined up guards dragging all of those sentries who will pursue me over into the far right part of the area so there will be plenty of room and enough of them to attempt the Challenge.

If I see that there are not enough victims remaining as the numbers of the first mob dwindles to meet the Challenge I will break free and dash back towards the 2nd entrance to the area where there are four more sentries to add to any remnants from the previous group to give it another go.   :-X
- mandru

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on December 14, 2011, 06:53:11 AM
...  There are no Janissaries involved in that replay who no matter how hard I try are next to impossible to 1-hit.

This morning I managed to acquire the Ishak Pasha armor, so I naturally had to run into a restricted area with a chip on my shoulder.  This area has groups of 5 Janissaries.  I'm using the Vlad sword, which is just a bit more fun that the Altair sword.  I did manage to do chain kills on these guys though.  I don't know if I'm just becoming more adept at the chain kills or if the armor had something to do with it.

On an aside, wearing Ishak's armor means that you also wear a mask somewhat reminiscent of the mask in Carnivale in AC2.  The armor looks quite a bit better than the Master Assassin's armor (which I finally found - had been wearing it  :-())

mandru

I'd like a second opinion.   ????

In meeting the Assassins' Challenge to get 5 chain kills X 10 I went through memory sequence 4-3 maybe 35 times.  Mostly I was skipping the cinematic footage at the start of it but sometimes I'd let it play through to see Duccio's discomfort and I noticed after closer examination that as Duccio makes his hasty retreat there's something wrong with the way he is walking.

Drunk Duccio (whom I've mentioned elsewhere that you get to kill) didn't seem to have a false leg.  Which was my first thought of the problem he was having moving as he was fleeing in opening moments 4-3.

I'm seriously thinking that the sudden change in his mood going from his irritation and saying something snotty to some unseen passerby who was crimping his style then suddenly having that turn into terror when he discover his long time nemesis Ezio has slipped up behind him within disemboweling range caused the poor filthy rat to lose control of some of his body functions.   :angel:

I'll leave it to anyone interested in checking it out to draw their own conclusions.   >:D

- mandru

Art Blade

so you're saying that you can actually scare the s#!t out of someone in that game?  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:

I'll have to re-do that part of the game - sounds like it can be quite funny!

I wonder though - why the developers keep putting Duccio back onto the street - his large enemy icon is annoyingly distracting at times.  But then again, maybe I just answered my own question.  :-()

Art Blade

That is mildly disturbing because answering one's own questions is more peculiar to the English and Australian peeps  :-()

PZ

Maybe I should have said that with an accent  ????

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳