Assassin's Creed: Revelations - first impressions

Started by PZ, November 16, 2011, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

If that comes through GameStop then I'm in good shape.   :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

spaceboy

ask about it. It was a pre-order bonus, but packed in the box.  Hopefully they still have those left.  It also came with a code for free download of the game soundtrack - awesome - 17 songs, but literally only 20% of the 80 songs available for this game at Amazon.  For $14 you can get the "complete" collection which I bought anyways since I wanted it all!!!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

Thanks spaceboy, I pre-ordered the PC Signature edition and will be picking it up today.  GameStop didn't say anything about there being a Complete series collection available when I was there.  Maybe that's not available for the PC.

Anyway I'm happy to get whatever comes with this purchase so that I can dive into the game.   :)
- mandru

spaceboy

sorry for the confusion.  The Signature edition should have the Vlad code as well as the code for the 17 songs from the soundtrack.  The "complete collection" I referred to is just the full 80 song soundtrack from Amazon - separate all together than anything with the game or codes.

PZ

I hope more of the Vlad style missions appear - these are reminiscent of the Assassin's tomb missions in AC2 - you w@&k your way through obstacles, sometimes with foes, sometimes not - however, they are one of my favorite parts of the game.

:-X

Have fun with the game, mandru - I'm interested in reading your opinions!

PZ

Well, I finished the game, and I must say that it was loads of fun - there are new and exciting things to experience over AC2.

After the credits rolled and I returned to the Animus, I was able to enter the game just where I left it, but there are also 3 doorways to new experiences.  I've not done any of these because I wanted to return for unfinished business with Templars. 

I did about 6 master assassin missions, and when completed, one of my assassins made my den impervious to further Templar attack - NO MORE DEN MISSIONS!!!

I also found some kind of flag in the southern-most part of the map - when collected, a prompt appeared that an extra area would become available once I'd collected all of them - unfortunately I didn't read how many were necessary.

spaceboy

sounds good.  I stopped for a bit and went back to Arkham City.  spoiled I am. 

ooh - I meant to say we found some immortal yet passive guards last weekend.  My son was watching me play and we were laughing our butts off at this.  I attacked one of those officials with 2 guards and I jump stabbed the guy from behind.  As I turned to take on the guards I realized they were just standing there uncaring?!  Then I noticed the official was getting back up and he didn't care either!  So I killed him again.  He went down, then got back up.  The guards did the same thing, citizens didn't care what was going on.

We kept doing this for like 10 minutes using all our weapons and watching the different ways Ezio killed them.  So funny!  Stab the guy in the skull, slit his throat, impale him in his gut, swipe his legs and bash his head in.   He just got back up and waited for more....best glitch ever!  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:laugh: :-X

Did you save a game there, space? Sounds like a good venting spot >:D

spaceboy

well we did save directly after that.  I should see if it's still there then start a new save slot or something.  Eventually Ezio just ran away because he was getting creeped out  :-D

PZ

mandru

Save slots?   ???

Unfortunately the PC version has no saves to try different approaches to a problem.  You have to bumble through as is and if you need to go back and get a perfect sync on something you missed or fouled up you've got to either restart/abort the memory instantly or go into the memories later to hit it again.

Meeting the achievement Mercenary faction requirements of five chained combo kills in a row on ten separate occasions (I'm at 2/10  ??? ) when the only large groups I can find are 75% Janisaries who simply will not go down in a one hit chain kill effort.   :D
- mandru

PZ

I don't think AC has what we would consider the typical PC game saves (at least not in the console version) - just 3 game save slots you can use.  Whichever save spot you use, the game is automatically saved into that slot, and you can't revert to a prior time in the same game.  Opening a new slot (of the 3) will start a new play through.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on December 09, 2011, 01:33:44 PM
We kept doing this for like 10 minutes using all our weapons and watching the different ways Ezio killed them.  So funny!  Stab the guy in the skull, slit his throat, impale him in his gut, swipe his legs and bash his head in.   He just got back up and waited for more....  :-()

Isn't parenthood the best thing that ever happend to you, space?!?! What a moment... full of joy, care and affection to share with your kids!!!  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Kids like those are potentially future presidents of the US of A.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

lol - yeah, some of my happiest moments are laughing playing games with my son.

Art Blade

..which might be better than peanut farmers, actors or skulls&bones muppets  :-D

JRD

Seriously though... I don't know how old spacekid is but I'm 100% sure he can tell real life from videogames... I seriously doubt that a kid, any kid, raised on a nice home with caring parents around, learning good values would ever become a twisted minded psycho killer just becase he played videogames with violence in it!

It is so ridiculous to see politicians trying to ban games with violence, on our behalf, claiming they are a bad example for our kids!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on December 13, 2011, 01:50:40 PM
...It is so ridiculous to see politicians trying to ban games with violence, on our behalf, claiming they are a bad example for our kids!

Indeed - if watching "unacceptable" movies and playing "unacceptable" video games actually were a bad example on people, then I'd probably have turned out to be a mass murder by now.  :-() 8-X

spaceboy

I totally agree with you guys, plus how many kids in earlier generations played cowboys and indians, or played with little green army men?

Art Blade

..or even had to go play outdoors and get in touch with dirt, plants and animals!  ???

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on December 13, 2011, 03:23:57 PM
... how many kids in earlier generations played cowboys and indians...

I wonder what we'd be calling the Native Americans if Chris Columbus thought that America was Pakistan instead of India?  ????  8-X

Art Blade

Or what if they had drowned Jesus.. all Christians would have aquariums hanging from above the door frames and stuck to the wall behind their beds.

PZ

I moved my console to the living room where there is a large Sharp Quattron just to see how the picture quality differs.  The Quattron is a 240hz TV while the one in my regular room is the standard 60 hz,  The difference is remarkable - when standing on a roof and looking around, the refresh rate is so fast that it almost looks like live video.

I also started up AC2 and ACB to see how the graphics differ.  The color in Revelations is stunning - so much so that my wife, who normally hates looking at video game screens remarked "what a beautiful costume" referring to one of the Jenissaries.  When doing a direct comparison, it is amazing what an improvement the developers can make considering they have to program for the same old hardware platform.

There is an "official" pair of 3D glasses that are only $30 or so - I think I'll take a chance to see how the game looks in 3D - not expecting too much, but it will be interesting to see if there is any increase in depth perception that might occur.  One of the problems I have is running toward a roof edge and misjudging the distance to the next roof.  :-()

Art Blade

you'll still be able to misjudge the distance but the falling sensation will be more realistic in 3D.  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳