Screencap quiz: where is this?

Started by PZ, October 20, 2011, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

PZ

My favorite way in attacking the pipeline is to enter the area via the guard post across the canyon - use the mounted grenade launcher to dispatch the enemy and then use the glider to fly across.  :-()

fragger

That's my fave also :-X I like to sneak up on the sniper and plug him with the 6P9, and often I can get the other guy from the top of the tower stairs while he's hanging around near the grenade launcher. If it comes together, the mercs at the pipeline won't even know anything's up until the bombs start landing >:D

Once, I took out the sniper but couldn't spot the other guy. Turned out he'd gone for a leak behind one of the other shacks and I'd crept right past him. He gave me a rude surprise when he came out :o

I find when I use that approach that there's always a couple of mercs in the compound after I've glided over. I could never w@&k out whether they survived the shelling or if they've respawned in the time it takes for me to get to the glider and sail over. I try to get up onto the compound's sniper tower before they spot me, most of the area can be covered from up there.

PZ

Before I step up to the grenade launcher, I wait for a while showing myself for a second or two to keep them interested until virtually the whole compound is on the edge of the canyon trying to get a crack at me.  Then when it is time to mount the launcher, down they go... the lot of them  >:D

PZ

Which safe house was this snapped from?

Spoiler
The one just above the southeast bus stop in Bowa
[smg id=4162 align=center]

Time of the day
[smg id=4161 align=center]

PZ

Where is this?

Click for the map location
[smg id=4176 align=center]

[smg id=4177 align=center]

PZ

Where is this?

Click for the map location
[smg id=4178 align=center]

[smg id=4179 align=center]

TheStranger

Ah I see you are a fan of the homemade machete. Although it looks really brutal I prefer the primitive most and also the modern one. :)

fragger

I don't think I've tried the primitive machete, must do next time.

My quiz answers:

Spoiler
#1: The safe house near the Bus Stop east of the Marina in Bowa-Seko (I think)

#2: The checkpoint at the start of the trip south across the desert between the Northern and Southern Districts

#3: The house where you come to after the mid-game sandstorm (and the Jackal is pulling a piece of wire out of your leg)?

mandru

That's interesting fragger what you Aussies call wire we call 3/8th inch rebar but then I guess that stands to reason...

Spoiler

...We did after all need Nick Dundee to show us what a knife was.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

My answers:

Spoiler
First desert pic shows the end of the rail road somewhere near the crossing between Leboa and Bowa, the second pic is where you wake up after you dropped off the truck with dead bodies, with the jackal giving you one of his speeches that even makes the sand storm run away and disappear  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

lol mandru :laugh:

Quote from: mandru  on March 27, 2012, 06:39:03 AM
That's interesting fragger what you Aussies call wire we call 3/8th inch rebar but then I guess that stands to reason...

No doubt we call it that too but I'm not much up on my metal products nomenclature. To me, if it's long, thin, made of metal and less than a centimeter thick it's wire, if it's thicker than that it's a bar ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I'm not an expert on it either but in my way of thinking if if it goes "tink" when you drop it it's wire and if it goes "clank" when dropped it's a bar.   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Neither am I an expert on it but when someone goes "oh, you dropped.." when you drop it, it's wire, and when someone goes "AARRGHwhatthefffffffreakingHELL!!" when you drop it, it's a bar.  :-D

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳