What makes you choose your character?

Started by JRD, April 16, 2009, 04:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

It makes no difference at all but how you see your hands and sometimes your feet, so why choose one guy or another?
I started my very 1st game as Marty. He is from São Paulo, my home town. But during the opening scene, when the driver takes you to Pala, I decided to change. His curriculum vitae didn't seem like a mean merc to me. So I started again as Frank!
Now that is a bad M.F... did time in jail, IRA terrorist.. the kind of guy I think would sell his mother for a good price...
What do you expect from a heartless merc??
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

JRD, I chose Marty first time through and kept with him.  Second time through I chose Xionyong because I thought he was kind of rude to Marty, so I figured I'd be him so I don't have to talk to him.  The bonus is that he has some wicked tats on his arms.  Frank makes me laugh to much to want to play him.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I'm just going down the dossier list.  It makes sense to change buddies at least once so you free up the two buddy quests for the guy that you're playing, but other than that I've no good reason for changing.

Art Blade

I started with Frank because the rest of the bunch didn't convince me regarding CV (same as JRD then). Now, 2nd career, I play that black guy and I don't even know his name  :D The reason was for one, he looks like he fits best into Africa and two, like PZ pointed out, I wanted to have a chance for different missions. Funny thing, now Frank is my best buddy  :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I guessed spaceboy was playing Xianyong cos he don't like him.
I'm playing Josip now, think an eastern european guy would fit a merc (for no reason at all) and would be funny to be in Africa...
Next time I'll play Paul for the same reason as spaceboy... I just don't like him!!
And Frank still my favourite character

spaceboy

JRD, you know me well (or I just keep posting the same comments...hahaha)  Actually yeah, I don't like Paul or Warren much either.  Frank, Andre, Josip, and of course the ladies are cool though.  I have yet to meet Marty I've got to make it out of Leboa first...

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

I went with Marty only because he looked kinda cool..the way I would've like to look when a helluva lot younger. I'm not sure who will be the next choice for second time thru.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Ricamundo

I'm just working my way thru all of the characters. As i understand it, differrent buddy mish's open up with you playing different characters, or am i wrong, as i so often am. :P
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

Ricamundo, I think the mishs being offered by those buddies are always the same, only if you play as, say, Frank, you won't get his missions unless you change your character.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Smith Lords

Why are you always hating on Paul and Warren?

spaceboy

Hey Smith Lords, good to see you sticking up for Warren and Paul.  I can't put my finger on it...I just didn't like them as much as the others.  They were nice enough, not like the rude and demanding Xionyong (never says thank you).  I think for me it's because I never met Warren first time through and only met paul at the lumber yard to free him but that's it - no side missions.  So maybe they just didn't fit into my overall FC2 experience the first time around.

That's ok, alot of people didn't like Quarbani and I loved him...he was so nice and always gave me the thumbs up  :-X

RedRaven

i also went for Marty 1st time round (he looked cool- shallow but true)
now got Hakim and Andre on the go, Hakim has got real military history Lt Cmdr an Officer no less, so can pretend to be real hard-core military type with him, and Andre , well he looks cool, he`s from Haiti and carries a machette. let the party begin. even started as Warren Clyde so wouldnt have to meet him in the game- but couldnt get over my dislkie of him enough to keep him alive so he went on a 1 minute rampage in pala before getting gunned down.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on April 21, 2009, 11:46:27 PM
1 minute rampage in pala before getting gunned down.

Sounds like a Tarantino's movie...
You could shoot a sequence in Pala (no pun intended) and post it here ;)

retiredgord

I chose the character I most wanted to look like when  ages younger..so I chose Marty.  I will try someone else the second time..any day now. I gotta find out the son's b all hockey schedule  so I can grab time at night too.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Aeris

On my first playthrough, I played as Hakim Ecchebi, he just looked 'top bad-a$$' with the bullet belts and his profile with military experience.

On my second playthrough, I played as Frank Bilder, his photo looked funny with the winking and the like, lol, his profile was cool, too.

And now, on my third, I have been playing as Marty Alencar, I like the finger-less gloves he wears, his outfit, he is bad-a$$, and I like Brazil, too, so, a win-win. Lol.

Fiach

I chose marty, dunno why, just random choice as I wanted to play the game, I didnt include Frank as I wanted to meet him in game as he is irish, I wanted to see if they butchered the accent (they didnt), he is my favourite character though, he doesnt call a "spade a spade" he calls it a F%$#*ng shovel.  ;D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

hehehe, he's quite explicit at times, isn't he  ;D

Ricamundo

I'll prolly take every character at least once. Variety is the spice o life and all. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I'm like you Ricamundo - working my way down the list of characters so I play each one at least once.

TheFishlord

Chose Paul first - same height, eye color, and probably same dress code as me. Seemed like a good fit. Plus an Israeli deserter who loves blowing things up sound like me  ;)  Then did Marty because his gloves look so cool, and then I can have Paul AND Frank as buddies - the two best IMO. But I kill Josip EVERY SINGLE TIME...he pisses me off

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on May 02, 2009, 06:04:45 PM
I'm like you Ricamundo - working my way down the list of characters so I play each one at least once.

Me too. At random order though

Ricamundo

I think i chose Paul the first time thru, as i wasn't sure if different characters bring different skills/levels of endurance to the table. but now i know they don't, so i'll just pick a different one each time, for fun.

it does bring to mind a really cool potential added aspect tho for FC3, if there ever is an FC3. Pick a character based on whether you want to have say, extra skills with explosives, or as a sniper, etc.

Art Blade

I hope they'll offer an extra skill for driving. Some of us may find that very useful...

Phil-318

I chose Frank, due to his IRA background, and the fact that I am mostly Irish.  Seemed a good fit.
"No...No...I just want to go home.  I don't want to die.  I just want to go home."

Tags:
🡱 🡳