I just played my first modded game!

Started by PZ, September 05, 2011, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, I just played my first modded game!  Started as Xianyong (4%) and went to the armory near Mike's bar.  I'd set all weapons and manuals to being available immediately, and the cost of everything to one diamond.  It sure was nice to see the complete range of weapons available from the start as are the manuals.  I also modded my beloved 6P9, MP5, and dart to maximum effectiveness, and am now outfitted as I should be  >:D

I just took my first mission with the APR - kill the police chief.  Now I'm off.  >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I changed the repair manual for vehicles from previously 95 to 100% -- now, when I sit in them, even a grenade from a GLAT doesn't blow me up when I sit in them.  :) When I leave them, however, they can be blown up.

Increased walking speed is cool and can be slowed down by either crouching or using ironsights of weapons (aiming).

Increased jumping height (or should I say, falling height) may lead to injuries up to seeing your rescue buddy -- be careful  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

I started my new game with Quarbani and this time I made it even harder (last playthrough was on infamous). Besides the modified hit locations and the weapon values which I set to realistic ones, I made all weapons available for Act 1 .
Btw. if you set Act 2 weapons to unlock in Act 1 after a convoy mission you don't get them - although there is the message which weapon you get at the weapons dealer's house but of course there are no more missions after I unlocked the standard one's for Act 1. Maybe it works if you set specific weapons to be available in Act 1, but I didn't try that and I won't do I guess.

Ok so I made all weapons available but I also found that it's quite easy to buy you a little arsenal from the beginning. I like it when the game is really challenging - so I set the weapon's prices higher escpecially the one's which you normally get in Act 2 about 35 diamonds (not all) and others in relation to their standard prices. Now it's even more immersive because the only weapon I could bought from the start was the Makarov (G3KA4 and Springfield set to 15). So now you have to consider which strategy you want to use and which weapons to buy. Can't wait to play tomorrow :)

PZ

Sounds like you really appreciate the ability to tweak the settings in the game to achieve the desired effect - same here; I've been having great fun changing the gaming environment to my liking.  It is too bad that Ubisoft didn't incorporate adjustable settings like this into the menu system of the game - that would have significantly reduced the complaints about the game from the start.

nexor

[smg id=3752 type=av]

Waterfall east of Mokuba from a different angle     :anigrin:

PZ

Did you get to this position by high jump?  ????

nexor

partly yes, I also modded my climb abillity

PZ

I didn't know about climb ability - how do you do that?  ????

nexor

<value name="fClimbSpeed" type="Float">1.4</value> I changed mine to 7

PZ

nexor

TheStranger

But what does it exactly? I didn't know that you can climb in FC2?!

nexor

I modded the climb after not being able to get the jump right, maybe i'm smoking my socks but i'm sure it helped me to climb higher up against inclines and with more ease.         8-X

Art Blade

climbing may refer to slopes rather than trees or walls.

Stryker7

Just a thought, and no I am not volunteering to do it. It I try, I will try first, and then announce that I have done it.

But if I were considering attempting it, does anyone know if commands can be added to the game, such as "Super Jump", give it it's own keyboard command.

That way we could use regular jumps and not kill ourselves, but when we came to these slopes and such that limit where we can go, we could super jump our way up to our NEW "snipers nest".

nexor

Stryker7

Quote from: nexor63 on October 22, 2011, 06:02:44 PM
I'd leave that for the clever guys

It was just a thought, but who are the CLEVER guys you speak of?

Anyone at OWG qualify ?   >:D

PZ

Quote from: Stryker7 on October 22, 2011, 05:30:51 PM
...But if I were considering attempting it, does anyone know if commands can be added to the game, such as "Super Jump", give it it's own keyboard command.
I'm not that clever  :-()

Art Blade

what are all those people talking about, actually?

Tags:
🡱 🡳