After game thoughts and musings

Started by Dweller_Benthos, June 16, 2011, 10:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

:-X

So, you guys have been co-oping, eh? How did it go?

Art Blade

No headset on D_B's end, unfortunately, and I was very tired (unable to focus much). In other words, great fun  :-D Still, we did solve a few puzzles (maps) and even one that involved timed actions on both sides. I could tell D_B's connection was a little problematic as he lagged several times (he would seem to stand still although he should have been moving and he'd then just dart away and zoom over to his new position a moment later). It was fun though and I'd do it again. Especially if he had a mic, too  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Great to see you guys have had fun cooping Portal. It's great. I'm curious for the new available levels ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it was fun, though my connection really can't handle it, and I think voice comms would only have made it worse. It did take us a little too long to figure out that last one, though you were short on sleep, but I had no excuse. If my connection ever improves, I'd try it again. Don't hold your breath, though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

At least we actually played together and had some fun :)

Solving puzzles is a lot easier if you can share your thoughts and actually discuss them using voice chat. That speeds up the process. Which reminds me, I was completely new to using those icons showing you where to look at or where to create a portal.. I accidentally used wrong symbols and so on.. doesn't really help, either.  :-D I almost never needed to use them while playing coop with both players using headsets.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Good stuff :-X Shame about the lag issues, that would happen with me too if I played online I'm sure. But glad to hear you had fun with it :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳