FC3: Learning from mistakes

Started by ninzza, September 26, 2011, 02:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I think you're right ninzza.  So much of what they are saying should lead to some positive changes taking FC2 further, honestly the only thing I don't like is the dang XP floaters lol.  So hopefully with enough negative feedback it will be if not the exact FC3 we wished for something quite close. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mandru

I like the thought that there might be a running body count being made that adds to my reputation and that a higher reputation (as street cred for lack of a better description) will cause the game characters  to respond differently towards me based upon their foundational motives but I want that body count to show up on a statistics page not as a running hash mark pulling me out of game immersion as has been stated.

To some extent I like it better that my rep could be a result that includes of the number of kills I rack up rather than being solely based on my missions as they are ticked off against the story line.  I really hate it in FC2 when I walk out of the desert after being loaded on the meat wagon undead as believed, kill the celebrating faction boss and usually his entire audience and still my rep stats end up looking like they belong to a whipped dog.   >:((

I've read somewhere that Vas isn't the big key boss of the island so I can imagine a situation could arise where he is forced to admit "You're tougher than I thought" and make allowance for a wary truce or even make him admit he needs assistance with a problem his men can't overcome dealing with someone who's a quantum step worse than he is allowing for even more character rep to roll up.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

Quote from: mandru  on September 29, 2011, 03:22:57 PM
I really hate it in FC2 when I walk out of the desert after being loaded on the meat wagon undead as believed, kill the celebrating faction boss and usually his entire audience and still my rep stats end up looking like they belong to a whipped dog.   >:((

:bow    :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

;D

Stupid enough that the old rep level could go up as high as 5 but was reset (read, set to zero) after crossing from Leboa to Bowa. As if no-one across the desert ever heard about you taking out half the country and killing faction bosses in their mountain hideouts. And nobody ever heard you even killed a bloody king (and in my particular case, I killed the prince, too  :-() ). So all you do is shrug away a bullet storm, wake up in a hut somewhere in the desert and thanks to your archrival Mr Jackal get another chance (believe me, if I had been in his shoes, you wouldn't have had that chance but instead been an extravagant, fully-textured, very palpable if sticky red wall paint by the time Vorhees or whoever popped up during the sand storm to see if he could find someone to share his canteen with).

Well.  :-D

In case of that Vas punk.. I'd say.. let me see him. Just once.

The human ileum is between 2 and 4 metres long. Enough to wrap it around a dozen guards' wrists. I'd open Vas' belly, rip out one end of his ileum, wrap it around his guards' wrists, and have them queue up behind him, then staple the tongue from the last guy to the back of the head of the guy in front until they're all tucked in. And leave their dead bodies in the market place.

Whoever thinks is bigger than Vas will start to fear me soon enough. I don't need floating XPs. I already know I'm bad. >:D

^-^ :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Now that I read your somewhat cruell fantasy, it makes me remind that they should really do something about the blood level in the game. You can see bloody guys laying dead on the ground where other psycho's have passed earlier in the story, but whenever the player himself tries to make a massacre, only some virtual blood slams through the air. No red spots on the ground or car, no soaking red tire tracks, not even an exploded head after a good headshot.  :o
Man I need some more recognition >:((
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

The missing gore allowed UBI to release just one single version of the game, world-wide. Simple patching procedures. Simple marketing strategy.

No localisation patches as would have been inevitable with Germany being one of the.. let me rephrase that, THE ONLY country that almost violently censures violence. In other words, game companies that wish to publish in Germany almost always have to come up with a different German version for that German market: no blood, no rag doll, no cutting off limbs, no head shots, blah blah blah, nothing that makes a shooter a shooter, essentially. That makes some companies rather unhappy (don't even mention the players here). So some games won't even be released here (but that's a bad decision, Germany is not exactly a small market) but most of the times they need special "cut" (censored) versions.

I would love to have the "normal" amount of blood and gore and whatnot (as in "normal" defined and being accepted by the rest of the world) even if it meant I'd have to yet again fetch an imported version.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 03, 2011, 10:26:26 AM
... THE ONLY country that almost violently censures violence...

^+-+ :-X

mmosu

They might be reading your posts Art, and then remembering you're the reason they lock their doors at night . . . maybe they like their ileum right where it is  :-D

Binnatics

^+-+

Art declaired 'persona non grata' due to ileum twists ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

retiredgord

>:D Having just read this thread I'm interested to see what FC3 brings out.  On an aside though let's keep the ilium outta the Cuisine section.  :laugh:
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

mandru

I think I read that one.  ????

The Ilium and the Idiocy by Homer (J. Simpson)?   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Let's try to put some oleum to the ilium then, and see what happens >:D

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳