Changing weapon stats

Started by TheStranger, August 29, 2011, 01:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

Yeah I fear the Jackal Tape Glitch will remain a glitch, don't know how to fix it besides my idea who will not w@&k until we can unpack older version of FC 2.

And yes I thought the same about the code, when I was looking at the files.

Btw. I also found the line with the watch and adjusted a slot to it but didn't w@&k. It also didn't mess up anything and that is the positive thing - I changed many things by trial and error and could start and play the game.

Ok so where to change the weapon stats:

gamemodesconfig.xml

and look for :

Spoiler
<Summary>
               <Weapons>
                   <Item name="ithaca" subcategory="primary">
                       <Description    type="crate"        name="ithaca crate"/>
                       <Description    type="challenge"    name="ithaca_challenge"/>
                       <Description    type="manual_op"       name="ithaca operation manual"/>
                       <Description    type="manual_mr"       name="ithaca repair manual"/>
                       <Description    type="bandolier"    name="shotgun bandolier"/>
                        <Attributes>
                            <Attribute type="damage" value="3" />
                            <Attribute type="range" value="1,5" />
                            <Attribute type="accuracy" value="2.5" />
                            <Attribute type="reliability" value="4.5" />
                            <Attribute type="firerate" value="1" />
                        </Attributes>

And for every weapon there is a similar entry. Btw. these are my adjusted values ;) But I didn't find the values for the downloadcontent weapons and for your information the weaponproperties.xml in the patch folder differs from the one in libraries - there were entries about the dlc weapons but they are ok so and besides that and don't know what to change because the autoreloadvalues (in the file in the patch folder) which I set to Flase didn't w@&k.

So till now I only edited values in gamemodesconfig.

Art Blade

Heh, I had just edited and added a new last paragraph in my previous post when I realised you had just posted, too. You're already getting the hang of it, we keep doing that here at OWG  :-()

Thank you for the source and additional info. I'll take a look right away  :-D I hope that I can strip down all the other stuff we don't need, like said Agora and XBOX and MultiPlayer crap.. takes ages to read through and sort out that thing, which, by the way, is that particular and curious file named gamemodesconfig.xml :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nicely done, TheStranger - this is going to be fun - if nothing else, we can post where to find parameter changes in the .xml so others can take advantage of the mod.

I hope you can trim down the file list, Art - a side benefit might be better performance.

Art Blade

I'm on it  ;D What could possibly happen? Game crash, PC sets alight, house burns down, half the city in flames but heck, still a calculated and worthwhile risk.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳