Grrr..... just gotta vent, comp problems

Started by Dweller_Benthos, September 09, 2011, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

^+-+

You'll be happy you didn't once the problems are solved.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, no matter how mad I get at it, that $2800 price tag, which I still haven't paid off yet, keeps me from doing anything rash :-)

It's almost back to normal now, and the other USB 3.0 hub should arrive today, so hopefully everything will w@&k right from now on. At least until the next disaster.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Well, let's see.. ever tried to rip out, err, unplug any USB devices without that "safe removal" switched on previously? I killed a 16GB stick with that. Dead. No way to switch it back on. Ever since I do pay close attention to that safe removal of USB devices  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Me too, I also learned the hard way that the "Safe Removal" function is there for a reason and isn't just an excuse to put another cute little icon in the Systray :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for you D_B, hope the new hardware does the trick :)

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, I always use safe removal or disconnect the thing after I power down the comp. Actually, that might have been one of my problems with the old hubs, as they would just lose the connection to the device and the comp would freak out. The new hubs seem to be working fine, I scanned a bunch of stuff and watched some videos and when I powered down, everything turned off OK, so fingers crossed.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Hehe, knock on wood and thumbs up  :-() :) :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳