Undead nightmare

Started by PZ, July 12, 2011, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Has anyone experience with this stand alone game using RDR as the theme?  Looks kind of interesting for those that liked RDR.

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare Debut Trailer

Fiach

I consider it the proper ending for RDR as the real one is a pile of suck :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

La, La, La [puts fingers in ears] . . . let's not talk about the ending, I haven't even cleared Fort Mercer yet!  :-D

It does look good and I'm planning on rolling straight through RDR and into undead nightmare, so maybe I'll have something to add in the coming weeks (looking forward to skinning a zombie-bear  >:D)

PZ

Well, I splurged and purchased the Undead Nightmare game, and it is an interesting way to go through the west.  Zombies are everywhere; some of them slow, and others amazingly fast.  I have on several occasions turned to look behind me to discover a group of them racing toward me, and it almost makes one feel like they are part of a "B" movie - you get a spine chilling feeling that causes you to run for your life.  :-()

You even get to hunt big foot in the snowy mountains, but that has a sad part associated with it, so it is not my favorite.  Although you can hunt and kill zombie versions of the animals you are familiar with, you don't get skins when you "loot" their bodies - no gore at all; you just get a trinket or two like teeth or claws.

The stores in the towns are empty for the most part, and you cannot purchase things like you could in RDR, which makes ammunition somewhat of a difficulty.  However, there are treasure chests which get you ammo in certain places.

I have not made it to Mexico yet - I need to find a bunch of things first, but am excited at the potential.

All in all, I'm not sure yet if I fully appreciate this DLC/game (RDR not required), but it has been kind of fun because it is open world.

mmosu

Sounds interesting  :-X

I guess if you really love the game mechanics of RDR but needed something to breath new life into it, then that undead nightmare would be just the ticket.

Tags:
🡱 🡳