Josip's blog

Started by PZ, May 21, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Paul Ferenc wanted me to go to the chemical dump for some papers.  I tried a new method this time.  Took the boat south from Mike's and beached it under the first bridge - the one with the guard post and sniper.  There was a 3-diamond case, so I picked it up first.

Then I swam across the river to the west side, then up the foot path th toe chemical dump - picked off a couple of mercs from outside the area using the Dragunov, and even started a fire.  It took the mercs a long time to w@&k toward my position, and never did make it all the way.  Fast moving meant that the mercs didn't stand a chance.

Worked my way back to where I left my boat and picked off the sniper across the river - swam to the boat and made my way back to Mike's.  Short trip, little travel, and a method that I've never tried before.  FC2 never ceases to amaze.

JRD

Hey Josip... Quarbani here!

After setting you free from those morons at the lumber camp you still owe me a beer... I`ll meet you at Mike`s for a chat... have a feeling we can do business together, mate!  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

^+-+  You got it, mate!

PZ

Warren gave me a mission to destroy a fuel depot on a small island near Schwasana.  Took the boat from Mike's north to the area and beached it under the foot bridge leading into the area.

Just for fun, I took out the sniper on the second floor of the large building with the trusty SVD, and then set my sights on the small island.  A yellow barrel begged for a round which I gladly supplied - torched the merc guarding the depot.  From my vantage point, which was on a rock near the bridge footing, I could see the fuel canisters - another round from the SVD completed the mission.

I recall the first few times I did this mission - took care to wipe out all the bad guys, taking lots of hits in return.  In this new method (for me, the first time), all I really needed to do was pilot my boar  :-() to the bridge, stand up and take a single shot using the sniper - what an easy way to accomplish what was a relatively difficult one for me when I first started with FC2.

Art Blade

hehe, Mr Boar Pilot  :-()

What is that SVD again? The Dragunov?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-()

Yes, the Dragunov

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

It's nice to reach out and touch someone and it's really nice when it's a really long reach.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

do you mean touching someone a couple hundred yards away with a loving bullet to the head? :-()

mandru

I think kiss of death sounds nicer.   ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

;D

There also seems to be some kind of evil eye. By the looks of it, it seems to relate to seeing someone. Perhaps in some particularly peculiar way, as in "seeing each other's brains out."  :-D

mandru

- mandru

PZ

Having fun with long range sniping using the Dragunov:

Michele issued a mission to kill two drug dealers, one at a GP south of Mikes, and the other at the airport.  My usual method has been the direct approach - leave Mike's by boat, then beaching it just north of the GP on the west side.  This time, I beached on the east side so the mercs would need to cross the river to approach my position.  I found a spot quite far from the GP and scoped the dealer with the SVDs optics - a clear shot through the window.  Naturally his friends did not appreciate his demise so a couple quickly jumped into an AT and drove across the river toward my position (first time I ever saw that). 

Next came the airport, which I usually hit from the north.  This time, I made my way to a couple of high ricks south of the runway, and again, I could easily scope the target.  This time something funny happened.  Mercs came jogging my way, so I shot one in the leg - one of his buddies rushed to help.  Another round took him out, and the first merc started limping down the road when yet another merc in an AT ran him over - all of this I saw through the scope because it was so far away.

I must say, this vantage point south of the runway is fantastic - they are too far to hit you, but must cross an area which offers them absolutely no cover.

Oh, another thing - I hit the large propane tank with a single round and it started flaming - never did explode though, so after I cleared the area and left, I returned to find it still burning, even though the area had spawned another group of combatants.

As happens time and again, trying to accomplish missions in a different way completely changes the way the mission progresses.

Tags:
🡱 🡳