L.A. Noire

Started by Fiach, May 17, 2011, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nice. congratz  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Yesterday I completed me renewed first playthrough. With a little help I found all clues and got all interviews and interrogations correct, so I was able to follow the story very well. I can only conclude with the statement that this story is one of the absolute best stories I've seen in video games. It is actually like reading a novel, and taking part in the most exciting bits of the hole thing. The end, and the sudden turn in the plot once you reach Arson desk, was brilliant. The parallel storyline of the young GI's fighting the war against the Japs was intense, and very well interwoven with the rest of the things that happened through the game.
The way Rockstar managed to tough a spirit of the age of the 'after-war-society' with the movie business coming up and LA becoming one of the world's 20th century example-cities is astonishing.

This game is complete. It takes a bit to go through and to get comfortable with, mostly because of the new gameplay introduced, but it's definitely an artwork!

I have 6 achievements left to do, most of them collecting stuff, so I will be roaming the city of LA for quite a while longer :) No problem ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I completely agree, great story and game. :) Good luck (or patience) with the rest of the achievements. Collecting those records took ages  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I tried to get the public menace achievement, did my best to destroy literally everything I came across, but only summed up $32.000 of damage. Need to do better than that :-\\ :-D

I was thinking about paying a visit to the airport and destroy the planes there, but they never seem to get really damaged. Any idea how that may w@&k out, Art?

Btw, I found the vehicle showroom, and the 8 missing cars on my list. So that will just be another list to complete then 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

hehe  :-()

get the most expensive car, the Duesenberg or what it's called, and find the longest road so you can go full speed and then crash the bugger. Get the next Duesenberg and do it again. I even rammed a tram and derailed it. Twice. All of that was worth $115,000+ so.. no problem.

You know, I think I learned that from you, observing your driving skills in GTAIV.  :-D

I wrote about the achievement by the way, and here for your convenience a quote. ;)

Quote from: Art Blade on May 05, 2013, 10:53:51 AM
One achievement takes quite some doing. You'll have to waste a nice rating for a case in order to get the achievement:
Cause $47,000 damage during a single case. I did it using a replay option, I went to the case desks and picked one I was already doing for another achievement.

I tried it wrecking the Duesenberg car about 10 times and even derailed an electric tram, twice  :laugh:
[smg id=5975 type=preview align=center caption="Public Menace 1"]

And was surprised at how massive the damage was. You only get to see it when the case closes, at least on a PC you can't check your current damage costs. Well, but I got it, anyway  :-()
[smg id=5976 type=preview align=center caption="Public Menace 2"]

Binnatics

I got the same city damage, and also derailed a tram. I had also $800,- injuries. I had put my money on that, trying to ram as many pedestrians off the side walk as I could. I was in the car with the grumpy copper from the homicide desk, and it was great fun hearing him freaking out on my driving skills :laugh: I haven't had such a laugh all by myself in a long time, that guy is priceless :-X :-D

I had expected more costs though, causing injuries, but it did not pay off. I think I rammed at least 3 dozens of citizens into health care, or even the morgue, but it didn't cause spectacular costs. Now I guess that is the generation gap :-()

Going to do the same trick with an expensive car. Good idea ^-^

Art Blade

Now we know what expensive cars are really good for. :-()

Binnatics

Hahah, indeed ^-^

Just got my last achievement in the game, the Chop Shop. I killed a goon by letting an engine drop on his head by shooting the chain on which it was hanging. Took a few tries, but the skipper was very pleased with the result; 12 dead criminals were extracted from the crime scene, yet the LAPD counted no casualties :-() 8)

Lovely game, that's for sure. And lovely streak on the Rockstar Social Club achievements now. Got 100% in L.A.Noire, Max Payne 3 and GTA IV, including all DLC achievements for those games ^-^

Time to move on, let's see what Sleeping Dogs has to offer :)

Art Blade

well done, my friend  :) +1 :-X for your 100% ^-^

Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳