L.A. Noire

Started by Fiach, May 17, 2011, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Re the last pic Art, who's that in the car with you?

And why is he crying out for his mommy? :-()

Art Blade

PZ, you don't have to.

All it does for you during the main story is giving you additional XP to level up your rank more quickly and a few achievements are related to those side missions, too. The maximum rank is 20. On your way to 20, there will be a few rewards such as revealing locations of hidden cars and a suit but more notably intuition points. Intuition points may be used for finding clues at locations you need to visit during a case and for eliminating one option when you have to decide between truth, doubt and lie during interviews or interrogations (i.e. leaving you with just two options so your chance is 50% to guess correctly).

I've never spent any intuition points (except during a replay to get one achievement using four intuition points to get four questions right in a single interview/interrogation). For clues: As long as you may spend intuition points on clues, there are still clues to be found. Once that option is greyed-out, you'll know that you found all of them.

So you may as well wait until after the story and do them during free roam :)

fragger: you'll always have a partner who will follow you wherever you go unless you manage to get into your car before he does and rush away. That is funny as eventually he will be back and give you a good speech  :-D During nonsense like in that pic, he'll indeed shout and scream  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks for the tips, AB!  :-X

Art Blade

you're most welcome :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

[smg id=5999 type=preview align=center caption="random impression 06"]
Never argue with an unarmed man. Just shoot him.

Art Blade

hey, I found that radio show I mentioned before!
QuoteThe Bickersons was a radio comedy sketch series that began in 1946 on NBC, moving the following year to CBS where it continued until 1951. The show's married protagonists, portrayed by Don Ameche and Frances Langford, spent nearly all their time together in relentless verbal war.

Here is a transcript of that particular show, called "The Honeymoon Is Over" :)

http://www.genericradio.com/show.php?id=112eae912b2d10a1

Art Blade

Apparently there are several of those Bickerson shows on the radio in LAN, the one above only partially matches what I heard but still, to get an idea, it's worth reading that transcript :)

Art Blade

A friend of mine just showed me this, so I had to share it with you.  :-D

If you don't want to watch all of it, at least skip to 2:30 and 3:05 :laugh:

L.A. Noire Bloopers / Outtakes (Funny Video)

Binnatics

I dusted off this old beauty and restarted the game. Back when I first started this game I never finished it, and after reading about all the joy Art had in the game, I decided that I would once go back toit. Now, after finishing Max Payne 3, I found out there's a lot more Rockstar Social Club achievements to deal with.... in L.A. Noire :-D

That made me finally go back to L.A. of the late 40's and rejoin the LAPD. Having great fun! I first had to restart the principal mission 4 or 5 times, but finally, with the help of Arts tips, I got my first 5 star accomplishment ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Thanks for the reminder, Binn  :-X

I need to do the same because I too have not finishedthe game.

Art Blade

enjoy and good luck, both of you  ^-^

Binnatics

This new playthrough is being fruited up with some help online I found a page that provides a list of all the clues and all the answers in the investigations. That makes it a lot easier to get the 5 star graduation. I do think for myself though, and when I made my choice I check the list, see if I'm right. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with the interrogations. I now can tell when someone is not telling the truth; usually moves something in his face, or blinks a lot, or looks away frequently. It's still tricky though to know for sure that they are lying. And I still find it difficult to come up with the right proof.
The list makes the game a lot more fun for me. I get a nice 5 star on all the missions so far, and can easily follow the story without being frustrated because of wrong guesses 8)
I just finished the traffic desk and got promoted to homicide. Completed all missions, but I was afraid I wouldn't get a 5 star on that last mission. 2 cars full of bad guys try to kill you when you leave the prop store, and you have to defeat them. Officer Bekowski isn't shooting much, so I decided to ram them off the road and trough the tarmac. That, together with all the shooting, got my car totalled. I was sure I would loose a star on that one, but it seems in a hot chase you can make a lot of damage before loosing it. I got $500,- damage on that mission, and still graduated. Thank god :angel:

Tomorrow is a good time for the next desk, it has been enough for today ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

What!  ??? I think my total damage in all the game didn't even come close to $500  :laugh: you really must be a bloody reckless driver  :-()

Art Blade

I knew there was something that didn't quite match the previous statement but then I saw I did it after the playthrough so I think it's still accurate to say that I didn't even rack up $500 during a full playthrough. :)

Quote from: Art Blade on May 05, 2013, 10:53:51 AMOne achievement takes quite some doing. You'll have to waste a nice rating for a case in order to get the achievement:
Cause $47,000 damage during a single case. I did it using a replay option

Binnatics

Less than $500,- in the entire game? That's extraordinary. And indeed, more than $47,000 in a single case is another tough challenge. No idea how to and which case is the best scenario. You mean replay as in doing multiple times the same stuff without finishing and that counts ????

Art Blade

I wanted a perfect score and was extremely cautious not to wreak havoc driving like Spaceboy, PZ, or you :-() 8-X >:D

And, having finished one or more desks allows you to re-play the corresponding missions and of course, finish them. In order to get some achievements, it may be a good idea to try to improve some results of some cases or, regarding the $47k damage, to do the opposite. There's always an option to start a new career..  ;)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 14, 2014, 12:44:23 PM
I wanted a perfect score and was extremely cautious not to wreak havoc driving like Spaceboy, PZ, or you :-() 8-X >:D

:laugh:

Binnatics

I'm looking forward to the 47k :-() Nothing like being able to make good benefit of your personal qualities :angel:

Art Blade

See, son, that's the difference. When I was told to rack up 47k, it was next to impossible to achieve it and therefore it was actually an achievement worth mentioning. You, on the other hand, you just need to be given a car. The rest will follow about as certain as dusk follows dawn. In your case I'm inclined to congratulate you for not having achieved it yet. :-()

Binnatics

Binnatics

"Bulletproof Windshields" is a tough one ;)

Art Blade

It was one of the cool achievements, an interesting challenge. So far, only 7 out of 1,000 players made it. :)

Binnatics

That is indeed few... I will be one of those 7 soon ^-^

Art Blade

:-() I count on you. Seven times  :-D

Binnatics

I just managed. It was a bit of a guess when finished the task; Did I really kill two? I heard the horn produced by the dead driver and they both didn't get out, so I was sure, but no achievement popped. I knew that in L.A. Noire sometimes the achievement pops up after the next autosave so I completed the mission; nothing popped. Then, during the cutscene for the final Arson case, suddenly both achievements popped; the windshield one and the one for completing the DLC mission ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳