Assassin's Creed Revelations

Started by spaceboy, May 14, 2011, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:laugh:

Those whoopie girls are bad-a$$ when you pick their pockets - they will come at you swinging!  :-()

JRD

Quote from: PZ on February 03, 2012, 09:41:36 AM
Sorry JRD!  :-[

Chillax, mate... you can steal them, just don't go deleting them again!  :-() :-() :-()

Here are a few screenpics of both ACR and AC2

AC2

[smg id=3987]

[smg id=3988]

[smg id=3989]

ACR

[smg id=3985]

[smg id=3991]

[smg id=3992]

[smg id=3993]
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on February 03, 2012, 03:09:11 PM
Chillax, mate... you can steal them, just don't go deleting them again!  :-() :-() :-()

:laugh: :-X

Excellent compilation, JRD - exactly what was in my mind's eye as I was playing the entire series through!

JRD

I just started another playthrough AC2 as well and will go through the entire Ezio's saga!

I'm alternating between the old save files and the new one. I can dig for all details I left behind and do any side mission I didn't do in the old playthrough and focus on the main story missions in the new one. This way I can chain chapters of the story in a row and put pieces of the puzzle together!  ;)

PZ

I figured you would go through the series again - you too seem to have a love for the series.  ;)

I'm midway through ACB, and have 5 of the 6 scrolls needed to get the armor of Brutus.  I'm only doing the main story line and intend to do the side missions at a later time.  It sure is fun to roam through Rome.

JRD

I was just trying to remember... what's the main story behind ACB? Who is the main enemy Ezio is fighting against? Man... it seems to be slipping off of my mind... I seem to be too tied with the beginning of his saga (AC@) and the end (ACR).  ???

Nothing youtube can't fix, of course!!!  ;D

PZ

Cesare Borgia - young, dark hair, incestuous with his sister, murderer, and all around bad guy.  I just finished "Ascension" in which Ezio was proclaimed master mentor.  This also opened up the area where the Catholic Bishops are found - the Vatican, I believe.  This is also the place where the last Lair of Romulus is found, which I just finished, so now off to pick up my armor and dagger.  >:D

JRD

:go

Yes, that's the guy... Cesare Borgia, of course! I'll be around Rome soon as I'm playing through AC2 doing mostly main story missions, collecting codexes (is that the right plural?  ???? ::) ) and Assassins tombs to collect better armor!

I'll leave all glyphs to my original playthrough... most of them found and deciphered  ;)

PZ

Quote from: JRD on February 05, 2012, 08:57:04 AM
... collecting codexes (is that the right plural?  ???? ::) ) and Assassins tombs to collect better armor!

Good question!  I would imagine that it is similar to the pleural relationship between index and indices - perhaps codex and codices.  ????

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Cheers, Art  :-X

I'm collecting them all!!n :-D

PZ

Looks like anyone can make up anything as long as it is accepted by most of the population  :laugh:

Art Blade

kind of sad but true :)

See, we know some people by name we haven't met, like Albert Einstein. That is because a bright mind is standing out in the masses of.. not so bright people / the population. So if the masses are not so bright at the top and more and more dull towards the base, well.. that might explain why when a majority determines what goes, we might all end up screwed properly (extreme example: Germany under the wing of Hitler) and things like the following are becoming generally accepted and commonly used:

index > indices > indexes
codex > codices > codexes
forum > fora > forums

:D :angel: :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

But that's how a language like English has always evolved and changed - through common and/or popular usage. Nowadays we say "You have my book" (or more likely "You've got my book"), whereas centuries ago we would have said something like "Thou hast my book". It's been stated that if you travelled back in time any further than about 500 years you wouldn't be able to understand much spoken English at all, and presumably if you went forward 500 years in time the same thing would apply. Not just spoken English but written as well. Only a couple of centuries ago the letter "s" could be represented by a character that looked like this: "ƒ", so that "somersault" would look like "ƒomerƒault". I don't see this as a sad or a bad thing but simply as a natural process of linguistic evolution. Today there are hundreds of English words which have changed dramatically from their original spellings, yet their latter-day spellings are considered "correct". I'm willing to bet that in time, words like "codexes" and "indexes" will be considered correct while "codicies" and "indicies" will disappear altogether, just like "thou", "hast", and "ƒ" have done ("ƒ" was probably ditched because it looked too much like "f").

When you think about it, "indexes" and "codexes" are in fact far more logical plurals than "indicies" and "codicies".

Art Blade

the English language has preserved foreign words as they were -- and apparently forgot how the correct plural was. In my case I had Latin in school and have at least a little bit of knowledge regarding Greek, so for me it is a barbarism to use Latin or Greek words and flex them as if they were not Latin or Greek. That's all :)

fragger

Forgive me - mangling the language is a national pastime here :-()

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: fragger on February 15, 2012, 02:04:50 AM
Forgive me - mangling the language is a national pastime here :-()

:laugh:  as in most places!

Art Blade

That's why people like me have to learn BRITISH (OXFORD) ENGLISH at school. And that's also why people like me have a hell of a time to learn real English (as spoken everywhere else outside school). And that's also why people like you will recognise none-native speakers so easily  :-D

..and that is also why at least I put an incredible amount of time and effort in "getting it right" so you can't tell any more   :-()

fragger

Art Blade

^-^

I mean, really, when you learn English at school for years (full stint: 8 years) and you go on holiday and the first thing people ask is, "where are you from?" (or worse, "are you from Germany?") it makes you wonder what the flipping heck those dusty buggers thought they taught you and why you didn't skive off school more often  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳