Hitman: Absolution

Started by mmosu, May 10, 2011, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I`m sure you are going to love HitMan once you get into it, PZ  :-X

It is a true sandbox game and this time around it will have more open world features as well!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on June 13, 2011, 07:32:15 AM
It is a true sandbox game and this time around it will have more open world features as well!  8)

You said the magic words, JRD!  :-()

Art Blade

plus customisable weapons with silencers  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Hopefully the ability to select high velocity, low velocity, and armor-piercing ammo will make it in to the new game as well  :-X

Binnatics

I just found out about this game. There seems to have been a preview presentation recently. Sounds and looks great! Word is that it should be released end of this year. Looking forward to it :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

End of the year?! Ghaaa!!!  :D

And in typical Eidos form, I'm sure the release will involve our favorite word at least once . . . DELAYED  ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

I tried a Hitman game for xbox before but didnt get into it, however his game got my attention, it looks more interesting thanks to some new cool features like Instinct and Point Shooting (it's similar to Splinter Cell Conviction, you tag every bad guy and then press a button, 47 will automatically gun down the enemies.)
New Awesome Trailer:

Hitman Absolution Official A Personal Contract Trailer

17 minute Gameplay Footage:

Hitman: Absolution - 17 Minutes of Gameplay Footage [HD]

PZ

Looks cool!  The targeting system reminds me of one of the western games I've played - can't recall if it was in Red Dead of Call of Juarez.

ninzza

You're correct, it's similar to RDR but in RDR you have to press the fire button 3 times,  whereas in Hitman Absolution, you need to press only 1 button.  :)

fragger

Haven't played RDR but there is a similar targeting system in Call of Juarez. There's the occasional sequence where there will be a bunch of bad guys and the game goes into slow-mo, where you have just a few seconds to tag each bad guy, then once back at normal speed your guy quickly shoots the ones you were able to tag.

I'd love to give RDR a go sometime but I believe it's for consoles only. I always liked the idea of an open-world, western-themed shooter but CoJ didn't really do it for me - it was too linear, there was too much scripting, and there were too many instances where you were forced into a particular course of action or sequence of events. I'd rather be free to ride the range :-()

Binnatics

I've had the same desire for RdR too. Really bad they never gave it to the PC market. Anyone ever played Red Dead Revolver btw? I think you had that move there too, not sure of the button combo though. I remember the gambling games in RDRevolver as well. Pretty entertaining ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I love the Hitman games, I played all of them. And I plan to keep playing them as they come  ^-^ Wow, the intro was intense. I had that as an extro, when you had your hotel in France surrounded by cops, all exits blocked, streets blocked, and SWAT teams storming the place floor by floor.. whoa. Almost didn't make it.. phew. :) Now here you start like that.. whoa  ??? :) :-X

ninzza

@fragger, Binnatics
How about getting a console just for RDR ? I got my PS3 just for Uncharted 2 and I havent regretted ;D

RDR was excellent, Rockstar did a wonderful job of creating the Wild West that was immersive, atmospheric  and beautiful. John Marston was a likaable character, the gameplay was exhilarating, I got hooked from beginning the the end. RDR was a blast but I dont want to playthrough it again.

fragger

I have thought about that in the past, might still consider it. It's just that the PC is so convenient for me in other ways apart from gaming - doing 3D graphics, being on the net, watching DVDs and so on. I don't know if I want to add another piece of hardware to my already sagging desk top :-() I might look around and see how much I'd be up for, and whether the price would warrant getting one. I know they're getting cheaper all the time, and it might worth considering in the near future since an increasingly large part of the gaming market appears to be aimed that way.

I'm pretty well OK for games at the moment though so I wouldn't think about it for a while yet, but it is something to be borne in mind :)

PZ

Quote from: fragger on January 30, 2012, 03:29:54 PM
... I always liked the idea of an open-world, western-themed shooter but CoJ didn't really do it for me - it was too linear, there was too much scripting, and there were too many instances where you were forced into a particular course of action or sequence of events. I'd rather be free to ride the range :-()

I agree completely - I played COJ through once, but that was enough for me because any subsequent time would be almost exactly like the first time.

It's too bad you can't play RDR, based on your gaming style, I think you'd like the game.

ninzza

Binnatics

For me, buying a console is not an option. I've considered it several times but I just don't want it. I know I miss on some great tittles and have to wait longer for others to come to PC. But that doesn't matter. I can't really come with hard reasons why not to buy a console, I just stick to my PC.  :-D

PZ

While I love using my PC, I find that playing console while still in bed waiting for my wife to wake up is a great way to start the day  ^-^

Binnatics

...which reminds me... I was playing Tekken 3 with one of our patients (at w@&k) the other day, and he had a very peculiar way of making his moves; hammering ALL the available buttons as rapidly as possible in order to get his fighter to kick, dug, counter and jump whenever necessary.

So if you ever dedicate your time playing a Tekken-like game, make sure you freekin' manage the skills before doing that in the morning 8-X

ninzza

Art Blade

thanks, mate.. :-X I really am looking forward to that title. :)

Binnatics

Hooowieeeh!!  :-X But no release date so far ::)

ninzza

PZ

Looks great; I'm looking forward to this one  :-X

I played  Hitman Blood Money (not all the way through) but could not get into the old-style graphics even though the game play was quite good.  I'm thinking this iteration of the game will have excellent graphics in addition to improved game play.   ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳