Binnatics' FC2 experience

Started by Binnatics, May 07, 2011, 03:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

everytime I see that one I wonder about it, the nearby safehouse is one of my favourites

Binnatics

I like the area. The 'buffalo valley' is very beautiful. And always full of animals.

I finally completed the game on infamous. It was my second playthrough. It was good playing the game on infamous. Then you really have to search for possibilities on dealing with situations. Simply go berserk won't w@&k. You'll get killed. So I focused on sneeking. I began to like that very much ;)
First, from a distance, you headshot up to 6 guys with the Dart rifle. Then, slowly move in, crouching, with the Silent MP5 ready. Once you find a lonely guy, perform a headshot >:D Since he won't have the time to scream, no one will note he's dead. That's why headshots are important here. No sound. When you hit them in the chest, they scream and alert other guys nearby. Plus, mostly he will be able to fire back. If you just mis his head, he'll somehow know exactly where you're hiding, and scream "Help, ik het hulp nodag".
Once one guy sees you, they all know exactly where you're at and will try to pump you full of lead. Then there's only 2 options; run like hell and find a new hiding spot, or just pop some more heads until it's quiet again :-()
Coming close to completion I got pretty good at headshots. I really like the MP5. It's very stable, has almost no recoil and has never jammed on me. Switching from normal view to 'aim-view' feels completely natural. That's maybe because I got used to the weapon. Other weapons don't feel that natural now, but sure will after practice.
The problem with the dart rifle is the fact that it jams quickly. I remember it would jam on easy after like 30 rounds, now on infamous it would jam after 12 or 15 rounds :o
But if you use it right, you can weaken an enemy base a lot. Especially when it got snipers and/or rocket launchers nearby. Usually these guys are kind of 'out of sight' of the rest of the mercs, so killing them won't alert others.
I also got used to their flanking techniques. Can be frustrating in the woods, but in the open it's funny. You can see them pass round and take them out before they get dangerous.
Speaking of AI, I found a guy lifting up another, heavily hurt collegae and carry him to safety. He didn't succeed, but it was the first time I saw them do such a thing. It happened in Sediko. I was on top of the northern building, making use of a dead merc's sniper rifle. A Dragunov. I like that one better then the AS 50. The fact that it has 10 rounds per clip is a big advantage on infamous. Side-effect is that you won't instantly kill them, but when their buddies take care of them like that, it's even better >:D

When I was dealing with this playthrough I began to really like the game. I wanted to get 100% and do everything possible. I did. And when I was close to completing it (right before Act 3, entering 'the Heart of Africa') I desided to write a game rating. If you're interested, check it out here.

I'm sure there will be a third playthrough sometimes. But I guess i'll need a break first ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Wounding a merc is one of our favourite tricks in getting other mercs out in the open, they will always come and rescue their buddies then you can pick them off one by one and the Dragunov is the perfect weapon for that ;D

Binnatics

^+-+

See, only 2 playthroughs is nothing compared to what the game has to offer ;) I've only just begun ^-^

By the way; my system needs a clear reinstall. Having trouble of all kind; from BSoD's (too regular to be good) to gamecrashes and even a self-weaking-up-at-night-sleep-mode. I want to keep my last 2 savefiles (the one before entering the Heart of Africa) and the one nearly completing the game. Can I just copy-paste them into the savegames folder after reinstalling the game?
I definitely don't want to copy all of them; I guess I've made close to a 1000 savegames :-[
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Game saves can be shifted to a thumb drive or other storage for safe keeping and reinstalled later or even shared with other FC2 players.  I believe there's a few save points posted over in the download section.

I go away for a day and there's so much to catch up on.   :-D

Jumping back to the topic of the Carl G or the RPG-7 for a second.  Any of your sniper rifles have the ability with their long scope to shoot an enemy's launched rocket out of the air.  It works best if you have him in your sights before he fires and if you can hit it quickly enough the resulting explosion will take him out too.

Even if you miss the rocket your shot is most likely going to hit the merc because he is after all the source of the launch that you are naturally aiming at but be aware that if the rocket headed you way is from the RPG-7 instead of a Carl G you are best advised to dive for some quick cover or if you got the guts you have time to stand your ground and let the rocket get slightly closer but not too close to make it a larger target.

Who doesn't like fireworks?   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

nexor

I've been wondering about that for some time but keep on forgetting to try it out, now i'm making a point of testing it, thanks mandru    :-X

Binnatics

Great ideas Mandru, I will test that too ;) Shooting a rocket, brilliant. :-X
I've noticed that an RPG-7 rocket goes much faster then the slow Carl-G rocket. That would make it quite a challenge ^-^

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on October 04, 2011, 09:51:34 AM
...  Any of your sniper rifles have the ability with their long scope to shoot an enemy's launched rocket out of the air.  It works best if you have him in your sights before he fires and if you can hit it quickly enough the resulting explosion will take him out too.

Cool - I had no idea  :-X

Art Blade

sounds familiar (shooting at rockets)  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Unfortunately no - anything more than a day in the past is a distant lost memory.  :-()

Art Blade

Wow, you already make the passing of 24 hours sound pretty frightening. Better not get you started about real ageing.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳