Get Art to play Portal2 contest

Started by mmosu, April 25, 2011, 08:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I'm looking forward to your first impressions Art. I think the same thing as in the bulletstorm-topic will happen. I remember how your enthousiasm was growing every time you wrote something  :-X

This is going to be great!!! :-() :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-() :-X

Just in case, I just installed the latest nVidia drivers.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Good move, never hurts. Well, rarely... :-() You shouldn't have any probs though, I haven't updated my nVidia drivers for about a year ::)

If nothing else Art, I'm sure you'll enjoy the humour in P2. There is a lot of funny dialogue,  in fact pretty much every line of it :-D

Art Blade

That's what I heard about it and, if I'm not mistaken, even with a British accent?  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Just one character, who you meet quite early in the piece, has a British accent. I have to be careful what I say so as not to give anything away, but let's just say he keeps popping up during the course of the game. All the other voices are American :)

Art Blade

mmosu

Stephen Merchant is the perfect voice for Wheatley though, couldn't imagine him any other way  :-X

Quote from: JRD on April 27, 2011, 01:58:45 PM
I don`t think of Portal to be a fav game either but it`s certainly a refreshing innovation in the world of gaming.
I think that's exactly why the series has done so well.  Good original concepts don't come along in gaming very often anymore, and there's not really anything out there like it, save Narbacular Drop, which was the spiritual predecessor of Portal and the project that many of the developers of Portal cut their teeth on.

Art Blade

Played some coop with Binnatics, haven't touched SP so far. Coop is fun (with headsets)  :-() :-X

mmosu

Keep in mind the SP and MP stories are sequential, with the SP first, I don't know for sure but there may be elements of the MP story that will be spoilers for the SP story.  Binnatics or anyone else NOT on PSN may be able to comment more on that  :D  >:((

fragger

mmosu, I never heard of Narbacular Drop before. Interesting article on Wiki, cheers :-X

Quote from: mmosu on April 28, 2011, 05:32:51 PM
Binnatics or anyone else NOT on PSN may be able to comment more on that  :D  >:((

Nice rib :-X :-D

Art Blade

;D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

[smg id=3260 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 001"]

Nice ride  :)

I don't care about spoilers. I don't care about P1. I take what I get when I get it and try to make the best of it. I had an opportunity to play with Binnatics online which, by the way, was more fun than some people stuck to PSN might even try to guess at right now.  8-X :-()

I'll give SP a shot in a bit. Right now I'll just sit here and twiddle my thumbs for a while, smiling while offline because I know I could just click on that connect button and play online whenever I wanted. On and off.. on and off.. >:D

PZ

Art Blade

I know it's sad. And it's not the fault of the players who chose to play on consoles. Looks like no matter where, what and when, everyone will have to suffer from outages one way or another sooner or later.

Let's just hope that PSN thing gets sorted and everyone can play their games again :)

Binnatics

Yes, we have proof!!! Art is actually enjoying the game!!!

Check him out roaming in MP with me:
[smg id=3262 width=400]

You can see he's enjoying it on his antenna  ^-^

And check out Art flying:
[smg id=3263 width=400]

Sorry to the PS3 users, this is just too much bad luck... Even at the beginning of a world-premiere: cross-platform-gaming   :-(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

true :) And, true  :(

However, I have a pic of Mr Binnatics in the same spot, since we keep sharing bright moments and.. less bright ones.  :-D

[smg id=3265 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 002"]

Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

fragger

Cool pics, fellas :-X

Only... what is that cartoon-like thing in the last pic? Does it mean someone (i.e. Binnatics) kicked the bucket?

Art Blade

Precisely. It even has an arrow to it indicating which direction to look in case you missed his sudden demise or, depending on how you put it, act of bravery.  ;D

[smg id=3267 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 003"]

Art Blade

There are moments both of us are wondering what the heck we're doing.. He managed to get caught on some kind of barrier. However, it proved useful in the end, this was about moments before we solved that puzzle. :)

[smg id=3268  type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 004"]

Art Blade

Then, when the time is right, which it almost always is, we keep cultivating rituals of affection such as hugging each other.

When we're not cultivating other dear habits such as affectionately dropping each other down the nearest abyss, that is.  :-D

[smg id=3269 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 005"]

Binnatics

Cool pic of the hugging there ;)  :-X I posted one myself allready in the screenpics topic. click

Funny detail is that shadows of both players are visible here. Remember, Art, when we were looking for our own, when only the shadow of the partner appeared?

Art Blade

yep  :-D :-X

and cheers, and I saw yours, too :)  :-X

Art Blade

OK, time to admit I liked playing Portal2.  :) :-X

I started right away playing some MP with my team partner Binnatics and quickly got used to "thinking portals."

[smg id=3280 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 MP 009"]

Then I played the SP bit for some time which was good, too.

[smg id=3278 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 SP 004"]

I "wasted" a lot of time in SP just having fun and "testing" the possibilities the game offered, such as splashing white stuff ALL across the map and create more portals to send the white stuff flying..

[smg id=3279 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 SP 005"]

Meanwhile I finished both the SP and MP part of the game so I thought it was time I said a few words here. :)

I might even buy Portal1, after all  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳