Portal2 Screenpics (spoilers)

Started by fragger, April 22, 2011, 03:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Very nice pics, fragger... great attention to details on both furniture but also on building newer offices on top of the old ones...  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Thanks all :) I must say though, the great graphics in this game make it hard to take a bad screenie :-X

mmosu

Quote from: fragger on April 26, 2011, 05:31:05 PM
Thanks all :) I must say though, the great graphics in this game make it hard to take a bad screenie :-X

Agree with that, I was just admiring the scenery myself a little while ago  :-X
I've never been in a totally abandoned factory myself, but Art's story did remind me of some place I used to w@&k.  During college I worked in the laboratory at a paint company.  The plant was built in two different phases, with the back part being much older than the front.  That older back part had two extra floors on it that, at the time I worked there, were used mainly for storage.  Up on the fourth floor there was an old metal shear and a pulley system used for moving big coil of sheet metal around.  I would have to go up there every once in awhile and cut metal to be painted for test samples, but outside of that there was very rarely anyone up there, so it might as well been totally abandoned.  It had a bare concrete floor, cinder block walls, and the frosted-glass crank open windows you see in old factories.  There were a few times I got a little weirded out up there by myself, just way too quiet.

spaceboy

all excellent stories guys!

I worked for awhile in an old manufacturing plant, very old sliding fire doors and an old barn like section, it was very cool in my opinion.  But let me tell you, the couple times that I went to turn on the alarm and one of those back doors wasn't making the right connections...

If it was winter, dark outside, and all the lights out in the warehouse/manufacturing area.  ooh boy - since it took like 15 minutes for the lights to warm up and turn on (I'm not kidding) I just had to tough it out and grab a flashlight or surrender my manhood and wait 15 minutes for the lights to turn on.

Anyways, I went for it with the flashlight. Yep, I'm that tough lol.  ;)

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Art Blade

yep, and I like reading those kinds of stories  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

There is an interesting place west of Sydney, in the bush near a place called Newnes, where there are the remains of a large shale-oil refinery. Some friends and I have been out there a couple of times. It was all built out of bricks - millions of bricks - and today the bush has reclaimed about half of it as it's been sitting out there unpopulated since the 1920s. In recent years the local authorities have begun trying to preserve what's left and have prevented the bush from swallowing it completely, and they've put up signs and diagrams around the site showing what used to be what. It's hard to imagine that such a huge operation was in progress there almost a hundred years ago, with rail lines going in and out and their own brick-making works on-site, when today there are only half-collapsed walls, foundations and the occasional bit of railway track left. It's strange to think of all the noise and hubbub that must have emanated from it when you're viewing it today, surrounded by the relative silence of the bush.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Binnatics sort of beat me to this idea at the start of his cool Portal trip, but here it is anyway:

Such a nice room and comfy bed, I think I'll go back to sleep for a while...
[smg id=3244 align=center width=400]

Oh-oh... Looks like I slept in a little...
[smg id=3245 align=center width=400]

Er - the room service leaves a bit to be desired...
[smg id=3246 align=center width=400]

That does it - no more tips for the maid!
[smg id=3247 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

nice :)

lol@ sleeping in a little  :-()

That maid of yours.. she's certainly someone I'd love to recommend to some people I know could use her "help"  >:D

PZ

Art Blade

going to see those for myself soon.. all I checked were those "extra" (demo) flicks in the game and then I jumped straight into MP with Binnatics. Looking forward to SP now :)

fragger

Thanks PZ :) It's from a terrific animated sequence almost right at the beginning, with your starting room getting progressively trashed around you - as you can see :-()

Art, that's cool! I really do hope you enjoy the SP game :) :-X

Art Blade

Cheers.. going for it right now :)

Art Blade

some interesting secret rooms sometimes..

[smg id=3264 type=link align=center width=400 caption="Portal2 SP 001"]

Binnatics

These wallpaintings are brilliant!!!  :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

I guess none of you guys saw any mention to cake! GLaDOS wouldn't try the same old story again would she?  ;)

spaceboy

it's not mentioned by her but there is a door at one point with the reference.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

Here it is:

[smg id=3266 align=center width=400]

JRD

Art Blade

An Emergency Shutdown and Cake Dispensary, perhaps?

:-()

Binnatics

Share the love  ^-^
[smg id=3270 width=500]
:-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

;D :-X

A couple of moments ago I came across that "cake door." Behind it was a trap and things went slightly off track. Nothing serious, really, only difference is that Wheatley kind of whacked himself over his head and things went over his pinhead just as well. :-D

fragger

The cake was a lie - again ::)

(Portal 1 in-joke, in case anyone's wondering)

JRD

Quote from: Binnatics on April 30, 2011, 03:29:09 AM
Share the love  ^-^
[smg id=3270 width=500]
:-X

Holy crap... there might be kids browsing OWG you perverts!!!  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳