Multiplayer walkthrough

Started by Binnatics, April 20, 2011, 04:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

What bothers me the most isn't being left without network play for the past week and a half, it's that information was witheld about what was really going on for days, and only when they felt they were out of options did they let us in on the (sort of) details.  As a counter example, about six months ago a security breach occured at my university's registrars office.  Names, birthdates, and social security numbers were likely compromised for thousands of undergraduate and graduate students alike.  Within 8 hours of discovery of the breach the entire student body was notified of all of the details of the situation via an email from the dean and automatically enrolled with a credit monitoring service for 2 years time at the expense of the University.  That is how you handle a situation like this, and by comparison Sony's response was such an uncoordinated cluster-f*** that it makes me sick  >:((  Where we go from here as far as my trusting them again, well, I'm really not sure  :(

Art Blade

[admin]Although I see the connection between this topic's subject (MP, as in online) and the problem regarding PSN users not being able to play MP because they can't go online (due to that outage of PSN / Sony's responsibility et al) I was wondering if we could keep this topic for the actual MP stuff and everything else in that PSN topic called PSN outage info - PS3ers - must read! :) Cheers  :)[/admin]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

I was just trying to make a connection from there to here, somehow. I mean, these sonyboys must have taken notice of Portal's multiplayer when they finally came with their excuse, it WAS a funny guesture  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

This pic is to make all you 'not yet multiplayers' salivate  >:D
[smg id=3277 width=600]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

That pic.. shows a great moment in MP. Took some working to get there  :-D

Good you posted that one, I got the same screenshot and was considering an upload already but then again.. now you found a place where to post it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I had a great time playing split screen co-op with my son this weekend.  We only finished the 1st section and then almost all of the 2nd.  What a great time.  Of course it helped he is a funny kid and we just goofed around a bit and did silly stuff, but the game certainly allows for that.

Some of the funniest was doing stuff in front of the camera and getting a rise out of GLaDOS!  The things she'd say was so funny.

Right at the end of the night I just shot two portals coming out of the wall and walked through it (one was angled and clearly a launcher) but just walking through got nowhere of course.  I knew this, just goofing.  So he's like, you're doing it wrong (he's laughing and joking).  He takes his robot and backs him up for a "running start"    - of course they don't really run so the goofy robot walks/trots  towards the opening and we're laughing, and out he pops and lands right in front of the portal.  In a robot voice he exclaims "I made it 2 centimeters further than you!"..  :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

;D

that spacekid is as cool as his own creator  :-D

spaceboy

lol - thank you!  I like him quite well!!

Art Blade

:) Take good care of him -- he's OWG's 2nd generation  :-()

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on May 01, 2011, 06:51:56 PM
... "I made it 2 centimeters further than you!"..  :)
Metric system from a kid - I love it.  ;)

Binnatics

So great you can actually play a game like this with your kid!!!

Indeed, take good care of him. He has a good sence of humor  ^+-+

JRD

I'd like to see those guys criticizing videogames for not being quality time you spend with your family!

Great one, space...  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Good story, space :-X He sounds like a great kid :)

spaceboy

thanks guys - my 7 year old daughter also likes gaming, she is currently enjoying using my new wheel I bought for GT5  ;D

I like training these little people to be JUST LIKE ME!!! 

Art Blade

mmosu

It's funny how kids latch on to certain aspects of certain games!  My 3 1/2 year old daughter calls P2 "Ow, Ow, it burns!" because that's what the turrets say when you hit them with a discouragement beam  ^+-+

Art Blade

Binnatics

^+-+

These turrets have a tiny, atracting voice. I remember that turret which is to be saved for an achievement saying "I'm different".  ^-^

Art Blade

mmosu

Remember Wheatley's reaction when you first encounter that little guy jammed in the pipe?  Something like "Oh . . . uh-oh . . . move along, move along, don't make eye contact", like someone walking uncomfortably past a homeless person and not wanting to acknowledge them  ^+-+

spaceboy

that's funny about your daughter mmosu - the turrets are quite cute with their voice.  I'm sure she likes Atlus and Pbody too then.  The way they hug and wave etc.

Binnatics

Quote from: spaceboy on May 09, 2011, 01:54:06 PM
that's funny about your daughter mmosu - the turrets are quite cute with their voice.  I'm sure she likes Atlus and Pbody too then.  The way they hug and wave etc.

Especially I like the voice of Pbody, when he does his tricks. What about PSN? Stil no online fun for the PS3 users? I'm lokking forward showing you around  ^-^

spaceboy

they're frantically working on it but no word quite yet.  I think they're taking the time to do major w@&k that would be tough when its up and running (I hope at least).

Binnatics

So they really WAS behind on schedule before this atack happened.... Too bad the customers (and their friends on cross platform games) are the ones who bite the dust  :-\\

mmosu

The latest word today was "at least a few more days".

Tags:
🡱 🡳