Music: Sea Groove + more (download / streaming here)

Started by Art Blade, April 17, 2011, 03:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Mandru, here's an example of a live jam session I recorded with Cubase around Xmas 2001, actually a midi file I later (this file) recorded as an audio track. And yes, it was all me.  :-D Oh, and it just so happens to loop, too  ;)

[smg id=4681 type=av]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Thanks PZ, will do ASAP.  I'm anxiously awaiting the call from the shop to say my system is ready for pick up.  It's been tough limping along on this background process overwhelmed laptop for the last week.  Yeah, really anxious! ???

Art, about this last piece you've posted it's untitled?  "Live Jam recorded around Christmas 2001" seems a little clunky for something this frenetic.

Beat me daddy, eight to the bar.  I like it.   ^-^ :-X

I get the feeling of a city scape just after the morning rush and everything is up and humming along in well practiced chaos.

Art, it sounds like you must have seen the OWG activity report covering my failed attempt to upload that piece.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I haven't seen any report as I didn't think about checking them because you already told us you failed uploading your .mid file.  ;) You could still upload it to the other games and stuff section of the downloads as a compressed .zip file in case everything else fails. :)

Thanks for your comment on the last piece, mandru  :) The file is simply called "Art's jazz" as it isn't really a song or anything; it is what you said: a piece.. a truncated and chopped something taken out of a session that went on and on. This bit is the best bit of that jam session :-D It was so weird and uncommon I just had to preserve it and dragged it along with me and I transferred it from one PC to the next and the next and the next.. now you've got it, too, hehe  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

I happened to listen to the Christmas Jazz song first! Lol, and, very nice! That's one of the happiest pieces of music I've heard in a long time!!
Now I'm listening to your Deeporamic track. It's nice. It has a good vibe. But it still feels like the basis of something to happen. Since the track is looping (isn't it :-()) I'm getting in sort of a trance listening to it, but I have the sensation that any moment something big is about to happen; like a spaceship that is about to land and unload its deadly content on Earth... euh, did I just say Earth? I meant Jupiter of course, a few years after we colonized the place :-()
Wonder how the response would be: Gattling guns spitting burning bullets over the newcomers, or instant freezer-guns and laser-smashers. Or just a silent conversation between two warlords on the main square of the airbase, surrounded by war veterans of both sides, waiting weather they're about to shake hands or spam their lead  ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Christmas song, lol  :laugh: I only know that I made it around Xmas 2001 because I tagged the file. Glad you like it, though :)

The other one, Deeporamic, is actually a very short version (hence "OWG edit") to give a general example of the new sounds I'm using. However, you got it right, trance or meditative state of mind applies to deephouse just as well as ecstatic dancing as it is basically a very monotonous and repetitive type of music that uses very short patterns over and over again but does tend to add some rhythmic "ambience." You don't usually get any recognisable melodies but recognisable sounds and rhythmic patterns that make the song unique. Listening to a loop like that is almost as good as listening to full-blown "song" (usually there are no lyrics except perhaps some occasional voice samples). Thanks for the comment  :)

The rest of your comment leads me to believe that you are in dire need of playing some Borderlands2  :-()

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳