Music: Sea Groove + more (download / streaming here)

Started by Art Blade, April 17, 2011, 03:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

You are amazing Art: Moving, playing GTA and even finding some spare time to make a track like that!  :-X :-X :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on August 29, 2011, 02:10:52 AM
You are amazing Art: Moving, playing GTA and even finding some spare time to make a track like that!  :-X :-X :-X
Indeed - an now even finding time to dabble in FC2 modding!

Binnatics

I must have been in a hurry replying here.... Thought it was a new song  :-[ :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

No you were right, it IS a new song, "Going Places"  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Holy moley... I WAS in a hurry overthere in Sweden ;) Just got back home today  ^-^ Gonna take a closer listen to it as soon as I figured out what happened to my green colour  :-D

Art Blade

we matched it to your current avatar's border colour.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Indeed, perfect match :-X
Beginning to like it this way  :-()

fragger

Very nice ear-balm, well done Art :) I was in need of an aural massage, many thanks :-X

Hey Binn - your new colour looks good on you :-D

PZ

Art Blade

haha, yes, good one and thank you, fragger  :)

Art Blade

March of Rebels:
[smg id=3685 type=av]

Started composing 2008, left it, did some, left it.. now, in 2011, it's done  :-()

mandru

And yet again Mr. Blade has shared another very pleasant composition.   8)

Thanks Art. :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Binnatics

Nice track as well  :-X
Great bass / frog sound  ^-^

PZ

Distinctive Mr. Blade style - nicely done  :-X

Sounds almost like it could be playing with the credits in an action movie.

Art Blade

Art Blade

[smg id=4680 type=av]

Binnatics made me upload my latest tune "Deeporamic" (OWG edit) - It's actually quite different from the previous tunes, more towards deephouse and with a lot of fresh sounds.

Have fun  :)

Oh, and mandru, it does loop (especially for you  :-() )

By the way, it's a high quality mp3, at 320kbit/s which is near CD quality.

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

mandru

Cool piece Art thanks for sharing it.  And there was nice balance on the loop point too.  :-()

I have a midi file for a song I call Groove Loop that was crafted in an old Windows 95 program called Guitar Jammer that I had fun playing around with a bit with back in the day.  True it was clunky old midi voices for the different instruments but I didn't think it was too horible.  I was able to tease a nice ripping sax solo out of it by recompiling that instrument measure by measure selecting the riff patterns that suited the mood I was trying to achieve.

Unfortunately when I tried a while back to upload here it was a file type ( .mid I think) that the media center here at OWG doesn't recognize and wouldn't allow.  Probably something to do with it needing to be downloaded and run in Windows Media player.

I still haven't found a good way after all these years to convert those old midi files to straight audio files outside of trying to reconstruct them note by note from scratch with the newer music programs and the charting sequencer I've downloaded.

So I just keep bumping them forward for my own records with each new computer or major upgrade.

C'est la vie, non?  ::)
- mandru

PZ

Could be a size issue - how large are the files mandru?

mandru

PZ, the files are on my computer that's in the shop so I'll need to get back to you on that but I believe they are measured in KBs so I don't think it's the size that blocked the upload.
- mandru

PZ

Try uploading now - I changed a parameters to include .mid

If you remember the extension correctly, that should at least allow you to upload the files.

Art Blade

Mandru, thanks :)

I know the extension, it is indeed "mid." Unfortunately you cannot convert those files because they actually don't contain any audio. They contain data, basically a sheet of music that requires musicians to transform it into audible music (in this case a device like a midi expander or a soundcard with sound banks or wave synthesis and it works with midi keyboards of course). Additionally it contains data that tells the device what else to do, i.e. pitch bend, portamento, bank switch and so forth. The only way to get it into a different format is to actually record a device that is playing back the midi file.

Tags:
🡱 🡳