Portal 2 Launch Day!!!!

Started by Binnatics, April 15, 2011, 03:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I understand how you feel Art, one man's meat and all that :) I'm not about to try and talk you into something you're not interested in. But I would like to say that these games aren't like any other puzzle games out there. "Puzzle solving" isn't really an adequate expression to describe what the game's about and what's involved.

But anyway - I finished! Btw space, that wasn't where I was stuck, although I was stuck there at the time for a bit. It was quite a ways further on, and as expected, a slap on the head followed the discovery of the solution :-()

I have to say, the finale is tough, but the post-finale goings-on are a riot! I urge those playing to watch the final scenes and the credits all the way through until you get back to the main menu, it's a scream :-D

Wonderful fun, MUCH bigger than expected, hugely immersive, and possibly the most fun I've had with a game for quite a while. I'll definitely be giving it a few more plays :)

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

spaceboy

I'm so looking forward to getting back to the game!  I've only just done a couple chambers with the repulsion gel.  I like the sign saying it was originally formulated as a dietary supplement that makes what you ate bounce off your stomach linings and out of your mouth.   ^+-+
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

fragger

^+-+

They've come up with some terrific innovations in this one :-X

mmosu

Good w@&k fragger  :-X  I'm just a little bit behind you right now, but I'll take your advice when those credits finally roll! 

Binnatics

Quote from: spaceboy on April 22, 2011, 07:00:20 AM
I'm going to take a stab at where your at fragger.  In the first bit of the old Aperture facility you need to get to a broken bit of catwalk. across is more catwalk with an angled bit of roof.  you need to fall down the elevator shaft with a portal at the bottom and fly out of the angled roof part to that bit of catwalk and door.

Damn yeah!!! I remember that part. Ain't it just before you enter the 'Pumpstation Alpha'? Damn I was glad when I got there!!! But then.... This game keeps surprising me all the time... wait, I should read the rest of the posts first... and then go on playing  ;)

This game is a masterpiece  :o

Oh.. and Art... did we persuade you allready?  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

Quote from: Binnatics on April 22, 2011, 03:23:51 PM
(...)

Oh.. and Art... did we persuade you allready?  ^-^

Let's keep pushing...  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Quote from: JRD on April 22, 2011, 08:17:52 PM
Let's keep pushing...  >:D

It's for his own good  :-()

Well I finished SP last night - fantastic boss fight, ironic twist on the ending to Portal 1, and oh yeah . . . moon rocks, who would have thought!  ^+-+

fragger

Way to go, mmosu :)

I won't give anything away for those still playing, or yet to play. But I love what happens after you've clobbered the boss. It's the part where you place your final portal and the consequences of it. That was brilliant, both in concept and in the way it looked :-X

spaceboy

I'm not sure how far I have to go but I'm currently working through Wheatly's tests.  I kind of like getting back to the test facility, some of the back areas and old facility gave my neck a good crink in it looking up!

fragger

mmosu

@ space:   ^+-+

@ fragger:  my jaw dropped open when it happened, and that's about all I can say until everyone else finishes  ;)  It was one of the coolest, most creative things I've ever seen  8)

fragger

:-X

I wasn't sure what to do for a moment there, but then it clicked - I did it and WHOA! :o

mmosu

When I realized I couldn't move I thought "ok, I must be able to see the answer from here".  Suddenly some of the Cave Johnson recordings from earlier flashed through my mind and my brain screamed "THAT'S IT!!"  I pulled the trigger and the rest is history . . . ok, we're saying too much  ^+-+

Art Blade

Today I was in a shop that had Portal2 on the shelf.. I picked it up, read it, and put it back.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: mmosu on April 23, 2011, 10:00:26 AM
When I realized I couldn't move I thought "ok, I must be able to see the answer from here".  Suddenly some of the Cave Johnson recordings from earlier flashed through my mind and my brain screamed "THAT'S IT!!"  I pulled the trigger and the rest is history . . . ok, we're saying too much  ^+-+

I will stop reading and finish the game first  ;)

Ahhhhh, I'm in space   ^-^

and @ Art: Being in the store like that, they call that "seemingly unimportant decisions"  ^-^
... it's just a matter of time now  ;D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mmosu

Baby steps Art, it's ok these things take time  ;)  :-X

[subliminal message]Art Blade you WILL play this game[/subliminal message]

spaceboy

it's funny Art,  after reading your response I went over to my copy and read the box - I didn't want to play it much either!!!  It isn't the most engaging marketing on the back of that box.  It does a bad job giving the feeling for this game.  Do yourself a favor and play the first game for cheap, you only need a couple hours literally- only then will you know if you want to play this game.

Art Blade

guys, it is hilarious to watch you make a combined effort to persuade me  :)

It is more likely that you succeed in teaching a cow how to scuba-dive than to have me play that game, though  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

JRD

[smg id=3222]

We`re working on it  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+

Where in the world did you find that, JRD? ???

Art Blade

OH MY GOODNESS!!  ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+ ^+-+

JRD, that earned you a thumbs-up  ^+-+ :-X

spaceboy

perfect JRD!  that was perfect!  :-X

deadman1

That was an epic comeback JRD   :bow, like Art said that deserves some kudos

Art Blade

"epic" is not even beginning to describe what JRD just did, it is one of the most unexpected and funniest things I've come across in a long time. I'm still laughing and shaking my head at that  ^+-+ :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳