Portal 2

Started by mmosu, March 16, 2011, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I sertainly don't have that gene. I do stay up late sometimes, especially when a good game caught me by the tail and held me in my chair until 4 or 5 o'clock, but then the next day I regret it. Burning eyes and a bad mood keep haunting me all day.

Actually I like to sleep too, it's most deffinitely one of my hobbies  :-D
Hope I will never suffer from back-pains so much that I can't stay in bed for longer then 8 hours. That would be a nightmare  ;)

Well, back to Aperture Science Laboratories then  ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

spaceboy

finished up the story,  what an enjoyable game.  There are some pretty interesting side bits if you look for them regarding Chell etc.

Spoiler
I read that Chell's name is on one of the "bring your daughter to w@&k day" experiments but I didn't see it for myself

I hope PSN comes back up soon so I can do co-op, but I still wish to go back and replay single player as well.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

Good w%&k space  :-X
I hadn't heard that about the name easter egg, I'll have to look next time I'm through.

The whole PSN situation is driving me CRAZY!!  :D
I've got a portal gun, a license to be dangerous, and no one to play with!  :'(  This is really bad timing to have your network down . . .

Binnatics

Lol, lololololololol, what are you DOING?
Spoiler
Now that's a funny guesture you're making there
[smg id=3242 width=500]
Now okay, okay, you've made your point, can I have my head back now???

Please?

That is really too bad, the network thing. Weird that it takes so long. A worldwide gaming network getting down like this should cause not only SOME nervous breakdowns... Good thing there is still single player. Looking forward to do some coop though, hope to meet you guys online soon  ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

I'll have to look for Chell's name next time around too :-X

Actually, I'll look this time around - after this forum session I'm going to kick off a new game. I've just got to go through again, there's too much to look at in one run :-D

mmosu

PSN being down has given me time to put another playthrough of SP to bed, but man, I want see the MP story!  :D  It's really bugging me that they haven't released any concrete info about the outage - Was there a successful hacking attempt?  Have all of our credit card numbers been compromised?  While PSN is a "free" service (unlike Xbox Live which one must subscribe to) I bought a PS3, in part, because I expected there to be good online support.  I feel that purchase forms a contract of sorts with the parent company, since they use their "free online support" as a selling point, and they have an obligation to provide said services to those who buy their systems and software.  But right now we're in the dark, no info, no date when we'll be back up and running - heck, I'd take a solid "Go F yourself" at this point!  >:((

spaceboy

fragger

Quote from: fragger on April 25, 2011, 06:29:14 PM
I'll have to look for Chell's name next time around too

I found it, I posted a screenpic of it in a spoiler here

fragger

Btw, have any of you guys checked out the Extras item in the main Portal2 game menu? There are some funny trailers and clips there (some have been posted here already) but the last one is a kind of interactive trailer for an upcoming movie called "Super 8". It's a film by J.J. Abrams (LOST, Cloverfield) about a creature that apparently gets loose during a train wreck while being transported from Area 51. The interactive trailer is only short, but it's interesting. I didn't know what it was at first, maybe an ad for a new game as the trailer is presented game-fashion, but a check online revealed that it's actually a film.

mmosu

Have to check that out  :-X

@ space:  good info, sounds plausable, just wish Sony would confirm or deny regardless of how embarassing it is for them.

spaceboy

As of yesterday, still no ETA for being back up.

So meanwhile I've been "exploring" Aperture's facilities a bit working on getting all the single player trophies.  I've only got a few left.  I have been bouncing around with chapter select by picking New Game and then choosing the chapters I need to replay.  One of the trophies (Overclocker) is doing one of the chambers in 70 seconds.  It's pretty fun to w@&k on it and get your timing perfect. 

Binnatics

I was quite curious for that 'under 70 secs' trophy. Didn't try it myself so far. I'm going to take a look at the missing trophys as well. I want to do the multi with friends, since with other players it's not so fun. I played today with a guy who allready knew the clue, and was rapidly frustrated when I didn't get it that wuick. He was just giving me advices like a madman with these signs for non-headset-users and it was pretty frustrating. You GOT to have a headset, and it should be perfect if both players are new.

JRD

Man, that PSN downtime is so bad I just read about it on my local (Rio de Janeiro) general news site!  ???

Hope it gets back soon so we can have a glimpse of what P2 MP looks like  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

no doubt JRD - it's bad news.

@ binnatics - I agree that co-op with another fresh player and preferably of the friendly variety would be the way to go.  If it was a friend like from here or some other people I've played with and they didn't rush me too much it'd be ok too I bet.

There are two big time saving tricks in the under 70 seconds trophy...

"think ahead"
Spoiler
place a portal for the laser to exit before hitting the button for your redirect cube

"wait for it"
Spoiler
when you press the button for the cube just wait for it (you can even catch it) it'll bounce across the faith plates and come right to you

Binnatics

I'll be waiting with opening these spoilers until I tried it myself space, but I will after some trying ;)
Hope that damn network will be back online soon. Did this ever happen earlier, I mean like this, worldwide for so many days?

spaceboy

no, nope, never.  apparently some personal info was stolen (at least names and passwords, and maybe credit card info but that hasn't been confirmed).

fragger

@%$# thieves, they have to make life miserable for everyone else >:((

But it shouldn't ground a network for days on end ::)

Art Blade

they probably had no other way to prevent those millions of PS cameras from broadcasting live all day long..

OK OK OK  8-X >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I posted a separate topic on the PSN hacking with pertinent information and the discussion can move there, we can go back to talking Portal 2 here.

here is the link..a must read for PS3ers...
http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=2222.0

Art Blade

Cheers, space :)

Good job locking / splitting topics here, fragger  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thank you, Art :) And thank you, space :)

PZ

Indeed - the bright yellow text in the moderator comment box really catches the eye.  Nice job  :-X

fragger

And thank you, PZ :)

Binnatics

I think I finally got a clu who GlaDOS bribed to have her portals show up here at OWG! Great job on the design fragger!!! A kudo for you!!!  :-X :-X

fragger

Sorry mate, I'm not too sure what it is you're referring to there. If you mean the Portal 2 banner, that actually wasn't my doing. But I'm very flattered if you thought it was :)

I may have to do something else to earn that kudo you so kindly gave me... Here, have some cake... :-()

[smg id=3271 align=center width=400]

Tags:
🡱 🡳