Music Video: FC2 / American Offline

Started by spaceboy, April 12, 2009, 08:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

Here is a music video I put together mixing gameplay I recorded with the song American Offline by Hank Williams Jr.

I was inspired to capture our FC2 playable character, his friends, and the AI all out enjoying the sun and nature.

Turn up the volume and enjoy this excellent Hank Jr. tune.

[smg id=58 type=av]
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Excellent video spaceboy
A perfect song choice!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I smiled the entire time I watched the video spaceboy - thanks for putting that one together, truly entertaining!  The very last scene where you're in the boat reminds me of riding in the boats in the old Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland... the place close to the restaurant in the old bayou.

spaceboy

Thanks guys, glad you liked it.  I had recently bought this software to make DVDs of home pics with music and thought I'd try it out for this.  It was fun to make but tough sometimes to translate my thoughts into actual gameplay. 

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 12, 2009, 09:36:32 AM
I smiled the entire time I watched the video spaceboy - thanks for putting that one together, truly entertaining!  The very last scene where you're in the boat reminds me of

Same here, nice one!
Only I'd complete the last sentence like "reminds me of myself when attempting a cool jump on the boat and end up half drowning myself just like you LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

EXCELLENT SELECTIONS spaceboy.  Nice woman too.  I vote spaceboy this sites's VJ. It'll be hard to top that one.  Great job.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

Quality. you got my vote spaceboy, had me dancing in my seat. please make more.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Sounds like it's official - vj-spaceboy! For anyone that has done video and audio production, it does take quite a bit of mixing coordination to make it w@&k - I agree with the others - looking forward to more in the future if you have the time.

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on April 12, 2009, 12:31:12 PM
Only I'd complete the last sentence like "reminds me of myself when attempting a cool jump on the boat and end up half drowning myself just like you LOL

Yeah, I almost re-recorded it, but then I thought - what's a Far Cry 2 video without "Far Crying" moments.  The number of times I've fallen off cliffs, drove my truck straight into a tree or rock...

And thanks to everyone for the nice comments, I'll be combing through my mp3 player while at w@&k looking for inspiration.

Anyone else interested in making one I used Magix Movie Studio14, it was like $50.  There may be better software but it seemed to get the job done once I figured a few things out.

PZ

Has anyone used Window Movie Maker (free) to combine audio and video?  I tried it in a limited way some time ago, but I can't recall exactly how it went.  I do know that it was possible to merge different audio and video streams though.

Tags:
🡱 🡳