Team Fortress 2

Started by Art Blade, November 26, 2011, 06:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Hehehe, funny clip :-X :laugh:

I was wondering whether that guy in your avatar was from Oz, since he's wearing a slouch hat. That answers that ;D

His accent sucks though, it's one of those American-style "Australian" accents that sounds like a cross between South African and Cockney and which sounds atrocious to an Aussie ear ???? I wish they'd get real Aussies to do Aussie voices...

Art Blade

:)

I can dig it, fragger. The same happens when I watch American films in which some "Germans" participate. Out of 100 films there has been zero, zip, naught, none with actors who spoke real German. It is sometimes rather good (sounded like the German they spoke was from some two hundred years ago, expression- and accent-wise, kind of quaint) or a plain insult to my ears.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D

I can just imagine how the German spoken in non-German films would be either stiff and archaic, or would sound like a dialect that has never been spoken by anyone anywhere at anytime ::) :)

When I've heard you speak (and others here have commented on this) you sound more English than what most non-German people assume a German person sounds like. You can probably blame countless bad movies for the fact that many people have a stereotypical assumption of how German people sound. I must confess that if I hadn't already known what nationality you were, I would never have guessed it from hearing you speak :)

Art Blade

You are too kind, old friend :)

And, err, just to clarify this: Fragger is most likely referring to having heard me speaking English rather than German.  :-()

fragger

:laugh:

Correct - I have no idea what Art's German is like :-D

Art Blade

I might have an English accent. :-D

Art Blade

As a medic, you may still nail your patients to the wall.  :-()

[smg id=3880 type=link align=center width=500 caption="TF2 007"]

nexor

Quote from: fragger on December 20, 2011, 01:17:30 PM

I
His accent sucks though, it's one of those American-style "Australian" accents that sounds like a cross between South African and Cockney and which sounds atrocious to an Aussie ear ???? I wish they'd get real Aussies to do Aussie voices...

Damn...I didn't think South African english sound that bad.......... :-(

fragger

Hehehe :-D

It doesn't mate, only when it's mixed with Cockney :-() Those two accents are like fine beers - engaging individually, but mix them together and yuck :-\\

@Art: Funny picture :laugh: :-X Let's call it "Suspension Therapy" :)

Art Blade

well said, about different types of English  :)

And suspension therapy it is  :-D For those of you who are not exactly familiar with TF2: The guy nailed to the wall is a so called scout (a character class) whose abilities lie in fast movements and mid-air double jumps (no need for them to touch ground for some time) which may result in a movement pattern that looks as if there was a hectic two-legged fly in the air. To take them out mid-air is possible with weapons that are dishing out something close to instant hits, like sniper rifles (which I do like to do). Taking one out mid-air with a medic's crossbow however is close to impossible because you have to predict not only where that little blue ba$t@rd is going to be but also where your bolt is going to be and on top make that be the same spot in mid-air. Like, let S (scout) travel to D (destiny: death) and let B (bolt) travel to D and let both arrive there at the same time while both travel at different speeds and move in arcs.

It was a bloody lucky shot  :-D I had to run there to get that screenshot with my kill message still on screen. At the time I did the actual kill I was a good bit farther away  ^-^

Tags:
🡱 🡳