(funny) Tactics and Tips

Started by Art Blade, April 11, 2009, 10:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hahahah  ;D ;D ;D

Well, ever heard of a Gordian knot?  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 07, 2009, 02:27:21 PM
Well, ever heard of a Gordian knot?  ;D

My goodness, what's Gord done this time?  ;D

Art Blade

hahaha, poor gord :) Nothing, I'm afraid. At least nothing I could see or hear.  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's good - I thought maybe it was some kind of new technique that he'd discovered in FO3!  ;D

retiredgord

Ahh just when I thought everyone had forgotten about me. Gordian Knot.yep some of my untyeables that I force on people. Especially tying their Christmas Trees to their roof. They have to call and pay me to undo.  Good side business  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

Hehe, nice one :) And no, we won't forget you  :-X

fragger

I know all about Gordian knots, they're what I always manage to tie into at least one of my shoelaces each morning ;D

I've also got a reel of fishing line somewhere that's one big Gordian knot. I was thinking of marketing it as a brain-teaser type puzzle, sort of like a Rubik's Cube. My marketing slogan could be:

You've conquered the Rubik's Cube -
now really put your puzzle-solving skills to the test with the new
GORDIAN KNOT!

They'd be cheap and easy to manufacture. Just open a couple of hundred fishing reels, throw them into the boot of the car and let them rattle around in there for a month or two. Hey, presto - genuine, mass-produced Gordian Knots.

Dumb idea? Hey - if they can con people into being pet rocks owners, I reckon I might have a shot with this ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on September 25, 2009, 05:45:56 PM
31) Danger Seeker (Pala)

I've been playing that again. You know how to start already, and I thought you should know how to get away, too  :) Click the quote to read the additional tip at the end of that post.

Art Blade

re-edited, three ways out. "Best is West" motto added lol

I can't decide. My favourite exit is East, then West.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on December 06, 2009, 01:37:12 PM
36) The door gap trick

I've just remembered this, I'm on the buddy mission where you've got to kill the King at the fort and go to deliver his ring to the Prince. Of course there is a door gap in that safehouse... Never been so easy to kill the Prince ;D

On a sidenote, if you're inside the fort walls, you can throw a hand grenade through the shades of the King's rooms. Apparently a glitch, because they are shut. Just go anywhere near the King's Tower and lob a hand grenade up at his window  :)

PZ

Excellent finds!  It still amazes me how much detail there is in the game, and how finds like these are missed probably by  a huge percentage of FC2 players.  Kind of reminds me of way back when we first discovered you could collapse the Goka bridge.

Art Blade

Cheers :) Yes, there are so many things we found, and I believe we can expect more to come  ;D

Goka bridge, the police station bridge... those were interesting finds :)

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on September 13, 2009, 11:48:57 AM
Entire post edited and reformatted. 17 January 2010

27) Increase your rescue buddy's history - quickly.
Manipulate who will be rescue buddy and who will be your best buddy.

Revised the entire post. Now it should be clear and it includes Cock-Fights (not only Weelegol)

Also, I added the merc war topic to the index. For some reason, it never showed up there lol

fragger

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on November 28, 2009, 10:14:27 PM
Quote from: PZ on September 25, 2009, 11:34:35 AMOn the topic of cell towers, my favorite in Bowa is the one east of Mosate Selao - past the Polytechnic.  I always have fun with the mercs at the post with the water tower, and love to try sniping techniques on the RPG merc on the east side of the river.  Add the bonus of an ATP to play with near the cell tower and I have loads of fun just getting to the cell tower.

I've been thinking a lot about which cell tower I like, if any, since you first came up with "favourite" cell tower. I've tried your tower, too. I don't like that part of Bowa much (or, not yet, hehe) because there is nothing around there worth a trip for me.

This is bugging me for some time now, because it sounds like I was completely dismissing your cell tower and probably hurting your feelings, which was totally unintended.

However, the "or, not yet" part comes into play now. I've been rather busy around that part of Bowa lately and out there it is much better for me, since. Especially the nearby dune buggy locations are well worth a trip for me ;D

I think, by comparison, that the eastern cell tower bears a lot less risks than other towers, assuming you're leaving Port Selao or Marina to get an assessination job.

Now I have two cell towers to choose from  ;D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 25, 2010, 03:21:35 PM
This is bugging me for some time now, because it sounds like I was completely dismissing your cell tower and probably hurting your feelings, which was totally unintended.

Thanks for your concern my friend, but I didn't give it a second thought - we've all had favorite places/experiences in the game and all are not necessarily the same.  Varied opinions are always appreciated, as is your thoughtfulness in expressing concern.  ;)

Art Blade

fragger

Time and time again I'm impressed with the attitude of OWG members. On any other gaming site, the previous exchange would have been replaced with an all-out battle of flaming and insults.

I'm proud to be a member of this site.

fragger

I must add this comment after my last post - flaming and insults don't happen on spaceboy's excellent gaming site, either:

http://mygamepages.com

This too is a site to be applauded for the mature conduct of its members.

Sorry, space, I've been remiss there - I must visit very soon :)

JRD

Quote from: fragger on January 27, 2010, 04:08:20 AM
I must add this comment after my last post - flaming and insults don't happen on spaceboy's excellent gaming site, either:

http://mygamepages.com

This too is a site to be applauded for the mature conduct of its members.

Sorry, space, I've been remiss there - I must visit very soon :)

I second fragger's thoughts.
MGP is also a breath of fresh air on the net... spaceboy did  a great job there and little by little his community is growing to become an excellent reference for gamers alike!

I said that before and will say it again: I see MGP as a place to check for user created content and, specially, non biased reviews of games. It may co-exist with OWG and fill a niche I appreciatte a lot... wanna see what gamers like you think about a game? Check out his pages  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

well said, and indeed, I take my hat off to spaceboy and his efforts, and his great site.  :-X

spaceboy

well thanks guys (and thanks Art for directing me to all of your kind comments - I almost missed them).  Of course my intent with MGP was to model the friendly and mature atmosphere we developed here at OWG. 

I wish I had a tip or tactic to add to this thread - but this is the apex of FC2 knowledge.  I'm surprised as you guys mention we keep finding things new in the game, but that's part of what makes it so special.

cheers mates  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Today, for the first time, I've shot a merc through a closed door  ;D

I've recently noticed that some thin walls (wooden fences, corrugated iron fences) could be penetrated not only one-way (mercs) but the player can shoot through those, too.

The merc I shot through a closed door was the sniper on that balcony at Private Property (I had snuck inside the mansion and killed him from inside) LOL

fragger

Cool! :-X :-X

I once nailed a merc in the shack at the end of the jetty near Gola Falls with a PKM. I knew he was in there, against the wall to the left of the doorway, as I could see the barrel of his gun sticking out. So I stitched a pattern of hits along the wall, heard a "Haaargh!" and saw him fall dead in the doorway (I must have scored an accidental head shot in the process).

Art Blade

hahaha, "accidental headshot" is a term to remember  ;D Funny story, too :)

I shot through thin metal (corrugated iron fence) at Petro Sahel and some guard posts that sport those fences, and through wooden walls at Shwasana. There were a couple more occasions, well, it works  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳