Borderlands 2

Started by deadman1, February 16, 2011, 07:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Quote from: KingRat on September 19, 2012, 09:31:32 AM
My copy showed up yesterday, so now my plate is really full  8)
...and your cup runeth over?

Enjoy - going to be a while before I can get this game...got to move so lots of packing to do and zipping around to view properties - so no time for gaming  :'(

I'll get over it though  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Sounds like your interview went well!

Fiach

Quote from: Jim di Griz on September 19, 2012, 03:31:19 PM
...and your cup runeth over?

Enjoy - going to be a while before I can get this game...got to move so lots of packing to do and zipping around to view properties - so no time for gaming  :'(

I'll get over it though  :)

Gratz on the job mate :)

@ King Rat, Hope you have fun :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Jim di Griz

Yeah...bit of a Solomon Grundy situation. Applied on Monday, phone interview Thurdsay and face-to-face on Tuesday (would have been Friday if the trains had been cheaper) and job offered on Wednesday.

All a bit whirlwindy...

Cheers guys.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

PZ

A new job is always exciting - all the best, Jim  :-X

Art Blade

Woo-hoo! All the bloody best, Jim matey!!  :-X :-X :-X :)

On topic, I just ordered my (non-German, uncut) copy  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Way to go Jim, congratz mate :-X 8) :)

Congratz to you too, Art :-X Geez, you mean you didn't go for the watered down, nanny-knows-what's-best-for-you version? You sure you can handle a grown-up game with explosions and rude words and stuff?

O lament the loss of innocence...

:-()

Fiach

Got it this morning (couldnt play much spraine wrist).

I liked the idea that it searched for old save games, but was disappointed with the "head" reward.

Was weird running around in snow, but I finally figured out who Claptraps voice reminded me of ....(NO! not Art!) :)....spongebob squarepants, just hit me as he was looking for his eye :)

Art Blade

Fiach, you just barely but, however, managed to avoid a freshly chiselled gravestone with words on it along the line of "sudden, unexpected unnatural death"  >:D

Your intermission actually made me chortle.  ^-^

Fragger, hehe, yes.. I'm prepared to take it  :-D

Fiach

BOOM! Headshot!  >:D  :)

Art Blade

Today I received information that I'd have to wait some more because the store ran out of copies. Kind of my personal "delayed" message, then  :angry-new: ETA: next week. Could be Friday next week, then.

PZ

Sometimes the most clever comments retailers make are the excuses they concoct.

Fiach

Its just a fact of life that stores carry less inventory nowadays, its always best to preorder something you intend to get, rather than be disappointed with an out of stock excuse.

I guess the low stock and the popularity of the game and the great reviews make the game difficult to get, it was VERY hard to get a copy of Dead Island at release, because the reviews were bitching that the trailer had nothing to do with the story and gave it bad scores and the shops got in less stock because of this.

I would say with the GAME shop experience in UK and Ireland, the retailers are becoming very prudent with what they will buy in.

Art Blade

It's an online games shop a friend of mine keeps using (I got a few of my games from there). I am not worried, just a little impatient  :)

mmosu

Gents, I got my copy on release day, and my laptop was felled by a poorly-placed glass of water the next ( :D), thus my (I hope) obvious lack of posting since the game came out.  Rest assured though, so far everything is as promised and I'm deep in it, with first impressions forthcoming  :-X

Art Blade

that was quite a bit of bad luck, then, wasn't it  ??? Glad you got it sorted out and I'm looking forward to reading from you (while I'll have to wait some more until I get to experience my own first impressions)  :)

Binnatics

Haven't been playing the game for almost a week now, due to other occupations atm. Now that I have a spare moment for myself just now, I realise it's time for some more critical-hit-damage (I was about to spend my next 'point' to that matter >:D)
Now that I look back to the days I was playing the game, I remember various fights with thugs, robots and marauders, but I don't seem to remember much of the storyline. That doesn't surprise me; the storyline only exists in this game to bring you to new, super-duper fights :-() :-()
What I do remember is the humour of the different characters that appear in the story. They really have that great sense of humour I remember from the first BD :) ^-^
I also found out that there's a greater variety in responses of the mercs around. One line that kept surprising me is after I performed another critical-hit: "Ouch no, please not the head!" >:D >:D

I hope you get the game ASAP, Art!! Too bad to have to wait even longer. Looking forward to your first impressions Mmosu :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

cheers, yep, and yep, me too.  :-D

mmosu

Gents, I've split off the "bandit one-liners" portion of the thread to new spot, as soon as I get it all configured we'll be good to go over there.  Cheers  :-X

KingRat

I'm still playing BL, BL2 & the Pre-Sequel on PC, 360 and Xbone. Play CO-OP with friends around the world with my xbox gt (DecafKingRat) also have a steam acct. KingRat13 but no friends there yet. Just completed the Robolution on play 2 with Lilith and started the Knoxx one at lvl 55 now. I play a lot of older games, and since Capcom decided to release Dragons Dogma for the PC I went ahead and pre-ordered that too..10 days to release.  Anyone interested in this and want to swap pawns just FR me on steam :D

JRD

I've been playing the heebie jeebies out of BL, BL2 and TPS lately.

I am almost 500 hours into BL2, my favourite. I have a level 72 Maya having fisished the game on UVHM and getting ready to play the digistruck peak DLC. I also have a level 30 Salvador on normal mode.

TPS is not nearly as good as BL2 but is good fun. I have finished it with Wilhelm and am halfway through with Athena. Both on the first playthrough though.

And just like you, I am finishing Knoxx DLC with Lillith but have also Brick and Mordecai on the initial levels just for fun.

I keep playing old games a lot too. Mainly because I don't want to pay for the new games if I can wait a while and et the game for less than half the initial price but also because I buy games but don't play as much as I want to so I always have good games I haven't finished or games I want to replay over and over and if I keep getting new games it becomes a never ending cycle.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Hey guys, did I miss anything?  :laugh:
I'm glad to hear you're all still enjoying these. I definitely got my money's worth out of them, even with the lack of end-game available in TPS after finishing the story (it still had one of the best stories out of any of these games to date). With Battleborn shipping hopefully soon we'll see the attention over at Gearbox shifted to a full sequel.

Art Blade

KingRat

Had a friend ask me to join him fighting Craw, and he was going to record it.
My lvl 63 Lilith didn't fare to well so I stayed below till I hit lvl 67 and joined just
under the 5 min. mark. Got a lot of nice gear, and it was fun  :-X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8HIVRFiGK4

Tags:
🡱 🡳