Why FC2 is special

Started by PZ, February 05, 2011, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Why FC2 is special?

It's the little things that give me the best laugh out loud till my sides ache moments.

ATPs that don't slow down for pedestrians when they fly through GPs and the idiotic mercs that choose that moment to play chicken crossing the road.

Mercs throwing a hand grenade  that bounces back in their laps.

There's hundreds of those random occurrences that have made FC2 a favorite.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on February 11, 2011, 08:07:22 PM
I'll echo those thoughts!

ninzza, were you able to get to the sniper spot?  I've not tried it on the PS3 yet.  ????

^+-+ at the RPG guy   :-X  You remember the RPG guy at Sepoko (the border crossing)?  He not infrequently kills himself or his friends if you move about the grassy area in front of the buildings.

Yeah I got to the spot you found before.

The RPG guy at Sepoko ? I dont remember but I will visit Sepoko again someday to pay him a visit.

mandru

Quote from: ninzza on February 12, 2011, 01:49:15 PM

The RPG guy at Sepoko ? I dont remember but I will visit Sepoko again someday to pay him a visit.

The RGP guy at Sepoko typically is in front of the Telecom shack strolling lazily North and South but stays right in that area just inside the traffic barricades on the West side of the complex.

He will often, when not on high alert, shoulder the RPG (this is what I look for usually to identify him) or when on high alert and you've moved in much closer in than the optimal reach of the RPG he will equip one of the assault rifles so again you won't see the RPG in his hands but on his shoulder.

The fact that he's behind the traffic control barricades often puts him at the huge disadvantage of having to fire RPG rounds through all of the obstacles under that awning that covers the West entrance to the area and it is possible for you to shift left or right and have him take himself and others out by one of his own rounds if you want to play that game.   8)

I usually snipe him at range but then my joy in FC2 is in sniping snipers and any mercs carrying weapons that are effective at long range or known for shouting out an alarm.   >:D
- mandru

PZ

I have to admit that my wife thinks it strange that I'm laughing when playing a shoot-'em-up game as she puts it.  The action happens so fast, and she's not attentive to the screen enough to see that the mercs often act the part of clowns.  ^+-+

Just today a merc roared toward me head-on, and as I passed him, he wrecked his vehicle on the rocks - flipped it over killing one of the two mercs - the remaining guy stood on the wrecked truck shooting at me as I drove away laughing.  ^+-+

Art Blade

;D

This is a really nice topic, I have to say  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

When I'm in the Marine area I try to get the two jokers on either side of the bridge with their Datsun's to drive into the dam, especialy the one on the Marine side, I get him to chase me up the road towards the marine only for a short distance, then I dash past him and go straight to the edge of road then turn broadside and wait for him, he comes down the road hell bent for destruction straight towards me, at the last moment I pull off out of his way......once or twice I heard him curse as he goes flying over the edge into the water      :-() 

PZ

^+-+
That's a great one!  Never tried that one before, but I'll have to do so! I'm still laughing at that one  ^+-+

nexor

almost everytime I go to the Marine I try that stunt, was lucky 3 times

nexor

On my way to the office this morning I bumped into a guy called Warren at a local Bar, he wanted me to go to a place called OGC and retrieve a bag of pot for him, while I'm there he says, there's some diamonds stashed away in the area, I can have them if I can find them, when I retrieved the bag there were a few guys who weren't very happy with me taking the bag, so they called a few more buddies to help scare me off.... >:((

Didn't do them much good though, at first they were argumentative but soon saw the error in there ways, one left with his a$$ full of buckshot, the others called it a day after having their ears pierced by darts, I did it real quietly because my skin takes a long time to heal and besides, I hate donating blood.

Arriving at the office, my boss was p****d off for me being late, as punishment he sent me back there to shut down the entire operation! s**t....those guys were p****d  off with me on my last visit, I had better take some real fire power with me this time, Dragunov for long distance, PKM for all rounder, and my favorite, M-79, darts and buckshot isn't gonna w@&k this time............

nexor

I had just left the boss's office when this joker Warren calls again and ask if I could meet him at some way out shack north of the airfield, every time this guy calls me he wants me to do someone in, damn......so I hopped on a bus to go see what he wants, the bus drove through the night and dropped me of at a bus stop on the most southern part of the district, not far from the airfield at about 6.30 am the sun was just rising. There is a cabin near the bus stop so I slept there for a couple of hours till nightfall...left the cabin about 10.00 pm the sun had just settled for the night, nice and cool. Legged it south along the railway line hoping to find a Gazelle to make some "Biltong", or as the Americans call it "Jerky", what a silly name for a piece of biltong  ;D   anyway  I need to stock up at the cabin my food supply is running low. Damn.... it's starting to rain, now I can forget about getting anything to shoot, will be drenched by the time I reach Warren at last I got there about 11:30 pm...he wants me to go to an old chemical dump to find a canister of defoliant, so with his crop duster he's going  to wipe out all the growth, trees and all, at the OGC after I destroyed the water pump, crazy ba$t@rd, oh and the next time he calls me "Hos" I'm gonna perforate him, annoys the hell out me  >:((

PZ

Quote from: nexor63 on February 20, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
... oh and the next time he calls me "Hos" I'm gonna perforate him, annoys the hell out me  >:((
^+-+
Good story, nexor - I like the way you wove in the South African "Biltong"  :-X

I too like traveling at night on some missions - it is relatively easy to complete one with minimal expenditure of ammunition, and often without anyone discovering your nefarious deed.

nexor

I wear my earphones at all times when playing any of the games, in FC2  it feels as if I'm actually there in the bush so real does it feel to travel at night on foot, you feel the calm and coolness of the night. Like one of the guys mentioned in one of the posts, he can feel the coolness when walking in to either the APR or UFLL office's  :)

nexor

From the cabin I headed north around the mountain so I can enter the chemical dump from that side, once there I didn't pussyfoot around just blew up the place in a matter of seconds, then I discovered a diamond briefcase on top of a truck standing inside the building, grabbed the canister and left for the Airfield to hand it over to Warren, I left Warren to go back to the cabin south of the Airfield, it was raining  again so I grabbed the nearest jeep and drove back to my cabin. Only got there at 2am, wet, cold and hungry, the rain had stopped so I must get something to eat, haven't eaten all day, I went to the watering hole near the cabin and scanned the area, spotted a Gazelle at some trees near the road where the mercs patrols with their jeep, have to be careful not to alert them. Must take a head shot I can't waste meat with a body shot, the Dragunov's ammo I'm carrying wasn't made for hunting, I don't want to make the same mistake I made with my first guinea fowl I shot with uncle Les's Zidi when I was a kid  :-[  will never forget the expression on their faces when I arrived back at the house very proud with my first kill  :-() slowly and quietly I crept closer keeping my eye on him, sound travels far and these animals are very alert, when I was satisfied with the distance I lifted the rifle and got him in my sites, he's walking away from me......steady, steady...aha he's turning back towards me got a clear shot to the head careful aim, taking the slack of the trigger, wait for him to lift his head....now! he dropped in his tracks, good shot! Hell!!! I Alerted the mercs, here they come........
Come on a**holes lets get this over with! I'm cold, wet, hungry and mad as hell.... I hid behind a tree and waited for them, as the jeep drew level with me I stepped out from behind the tree and emptied the PKM into them, they never knew what hit them............ >:(

mandru

Nice nexor63.   :-X

And you get the bonus of being able to drive back to the safe house.   >:D
- mandru

PZ

Excellent story, nexor  :-X

It's been a while since someone wrote of their adventure in a story-like way  :-X

nexor

After taking the intestines out and saving the liver for "supper" I loaded the buck onto the jeep and drove back to the cabin waving thanks for the loan of the jeep guys over my departing shoulder  :-()  Back at the cabin I got going with preparing food, First I fried sliced up onion with some lard in a pan till it was light brown, then added the liver that I cut up into thin slices, poured a dash of red wine over which I had stashed in the cabin then I added some coarse black pepper to the pan, I let it fry for about 10 minutes stirring a few times. When the liver and onion was done I had it with a piece of stale bread and a mug of steaming strong black coffee, man that was good  :)   After I ate I quickly washed out the inside of the carcass and hung it up inside one of the empty coaches till morning when I'll cut it up, hope predators don't get to it first. Spent the whole of the next morning preparing and hanging up the meat to dry,
I rested up for the remainder of the day till about 6 pm then I took a bus to the bus stop near the oasis. Arrived there just as it was getting dark, good now I can go cross country, I went north all along the edge of the desert past the shack with the golden AK-47 then swung left crossing the road leading to the eastern entrance to the OGC, I'm heading towards the southern side there is a track leading to the OGC.I found a diamond briefcase there on my last visit.

PZ

That's cool - bringing hunting recipes into the story  :-X

Watch out for those mercs at the oasis - they haven't had supplies delivered in quite a while - they're hungry  :-()

nexor

I'm steering clear of them, especilaly if they find out I'm the reason for them being there, you see I killed off all the guys before them when I went and nabbed the Gold they had stashed there  ;D

nexor

Sh!$, this place is crawling with mercs!! This is going to be fun...I managed to sneak down the hill towards the lookout post right in front of me without being spotted, waiting for the sniper to start his rounds, as he lowered his rifle to go down the stairs I quickly moved in underneath the structure and met him as he set foot on the ground, the machete took care of him, so much for stealth, he made enough noise to wake the dead... I rushed up the staircase to the landing and then all hell broke loose!!  These guys are really pi$%&d with me  :o they came from all sides with one thing on their minds, making life very unhealthy for me, I spilled so much blood I had to inject myself twice and was very lucky to make it alive even though I had so much lead in me I almost sank a foot into the ground carrying all that extra weight  ??? Once all was quiet I quickly went to blow up the pump then got the hell out of there going back the way I came, my phone rang..... it was Warren telling me he's about to start his run, I heard him going over as I left and then my phone rang again, its Warren again, damn, can't this man leave me in peace!!   >:( He was shouting his head off, his plane got shot down and now he needs me to come save his a$$, I'll rather fill it with lead I grumbled to myself, his fault I'm leaking like a sieve.  >:((

PZ

Quote from: nexor63 on February 22, 2011, 03:14:41 AM
... his plane got shot down and now he needs me to come save his a$$, I'll rather fill it with lead I grumbled to myself, his fault I'm leaking like a sieve.  >:((
^+-+

Is he dead then?  ????

nexor

I'll go see what's going on was heading in that direction anyway,  nearing the road I could hear shots being fired, with all that gunfire I get the impression I'm not the only one these guys are p@##$d off with  ;D approaching the site very cautiously thinking to myself, I don't trust this guy he could easily sell me out to save his own skin, circling the crash site I found a vantage point on the opposite side from where I could scout the scene, where's that little weasel? Then I spotted him way over to my right a bit too far from where I would have expected to see him fighting it out, he's sneaking around shooting at nothing, sneaky ba$t@rd! I don't like the look of it and I'm not taking any chances so bye-bye "Hos" >:(( it took four rounds from the Dragunov to take him out, he must be full of the pot I stole for him. With him out of harm's way I can go back to the cabin where I have the biltong hanging, some of it should be dry enough to eat in a few days. On my way there I'll pick up some supplies then I can take a well deserved break and give my skin time to heal  ;)

fragger

Cool story nexor :-X :-X I like the cooking details, nice touch :-D

I never thought to do any cooking in the safehouses. All I ever do there is sleep and rearrange my weapons :-()

I hope you let "Hos" enjoy one last hit of khat before you put his lights out >:D

PZ

Quote from: nexor63 on February 22, 2011, 11:23:55 AM
... he must be full of the pot I stole for him...
^+-+
He does seem the sort that would do such a thing

nexor

Nah.......I cooked his goose, the little weasel   :-D 

PZ

Good for you, nexor  :-X

I never really liked Warren anyway

Tags:
🡱 🡳