What games are you waiting for 2011

Started by Fiach, January 14, 2011, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

what sets them apart is 87 Bazillion Guns.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

This is the video I remember D_B posting way back in history, and there is a clown building with the mouth as a door - I'm not crazy after all  :)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

This looks like it will be a great game - anyone know how open world it will be?

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 26, 2011, 02:27:25 PM

This looks like it will be a great game - anyone know how open world it will be?
I'm not sure how open it is. Some say it's only semi open, others say it's completely open.

PZ

I'd read semi-open as well.  I hope it is more open than semi  :-()

I may have missed it, if posted here, but the release date is September 2011?

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 26, 2011, 02:39:12 PM
I'd read semi-open as well.  I hope it is more open than semi  :-()

I may have missed it, if posted here, but the release date is September 2011?

Yeah, Sep or Quarter 3.

PZ

Ouch!  that's a long time, but at least there is a game for me to look forward to - it's now on the OWG calendar so I won't forget  :-()

Art Blade

:) All I know is that I will have to have it imported.. our censors here are going to pummel, torch, sever parts of, twist, cut and decapitate it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Quote from: ninzza on January 26, 2011, 02:13:26 PM
You're not the only one who think Rage looks like Borderlands but I think one of the differences between them is that Rage has racing combat ?  Some other differences: Rage doesn't have bazillion weapons and character levelling up.

There's quite a bit of vehicle combat in Borderlands too - in fact one whole segment of the game revolves around it.  The difference I've noticed mainly is the less cartooney graphics in Rage.  Without trying to take anything away from Rage (because I really don't know much about it), on the surface the two games look like they could be parts of the same story.  Sounds like from what you say ninzza, Rage will forgo a lot of the RPG elements that were present in Borderlands and stick to FPS type mechanics.  Time will tell . . .

@ Art - yeah, here we go again.  :D  There were a lot of rag-dolls in those videos

Fiach

Art mate, if ever you need a game picked up and posted to you, let me know, I'd be delighted to help out :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

excellent camaraderie here, much appreciated  :) :-X

ninzza

spaceboy

great link there ninzza,  it makes me all the more excited for Rage.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Indeed - now I have a good new game on the horizon  :-X

ninzza

Cheers spaceboy, PZ.
After reading this article, I get more excited. I'll have this game to play while waiting for FC3  :)

Release for Rage:

Bethesda has finally announced the release date for their upcoming first-person shooter video game 'Rage'. The game is scheduled to hit PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms on September 13th in the US and on September 16th in Europe.

http://videogames.techfresh.net/rage-release-date-announced

Art Blade

By the time they're supposed to release it, we'll most certainly be quoting our favourite word: "delayed"  :-()

fragger

:-D

As in "delayed gratification" :-()

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on January 29, 2011, 03:02:45 PM
By the time they're supposed to release it, we'll most certainly be quoting our favourite word: "delayed"  :-()

Blah!  :D :D :D . . .  :-D

After reading about the plot I retract my previous concerns that this is a Borderlands copy . . . some cosmetic similarities certainly, but sounds like the story is quite different.  Cheers ninzza for all the info  :-X

Fiach

Dont worry about the release date, a few pesky bugs never stopped Bethesda releasing a game on time  >:D

PZ

^+-+

Bethesda - famous for CTDs  :-()

Art Blade

^+-+ good one, Fiach, true.. sadly so.

ninzza

Art Blade

Fiach

A very interesting trade off between both consoles, optimised for 360, but with space limitations that will not be a problem for the PS3, due to its massive disc space.

ninzza

"The PS3 has about 25GB. But the Xbox 360 roughly has 6 to 8 GB of data. We're hoping we can squeeze the game down to two discs for the 360 version," Willits told 1UP."

Actually PS3's double layred Blu ray disc has 50 GB.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳