made up weapons and goofy stuff

Started by mmosu, January 03, 2011, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

There's not really another place to put stuff like this, but it made me laugh when I saw it so here it is:
[smg id=2666 align=center width=500]

Which brings up the question - what hypothetical weapon/item/weapon type would you like to see in Borderlands 2?

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Now a railgun would be interesting . . . you got one in MGS4 and it packed as much punch as a tank turret if discharged at full capacity, very handy  :-()

fragger

Just on the subject, want to see a real railgun in action? Can't see anyone lugging one around on their shoulder anytime soon, though...

Demonstration of the Navy Electromagnetic Rail Gun prototype

mmosu

"kinetic kill energy"  ^+-+ Nice find fragger  :-X  The railgun in MGS4 was extremely miniturized of course, but still very cumbersome to use.  Every game in that series has included a number of "joke" weapons just for fun, the railgun was no doubt intended as one of these.  Another was "Tanegashima", a Japanese-style flintlock musket that produced a whirlwind when fired - weird.  In MGS1, Metal Gear Rex was equiped with a large railgun that was intended to fire nuclear warheads without the need to burn a propellant.  The reason for this was that, in flight, these warheads would be invisible to conventional detection systems, and therefore impossible to intercept.   
As far as the real railgun goes, that's a topic that has always fascinated me.  The video clip is very telling of what potential is there - the projectiles don't actually explode but rather simply release their immense energy in to the target!  Now that's firepower!  Impressive and terrifying all at the same time.

mmosu

Ah, here it is, the MGS4 railgun.  It appears in MGS3 as well but you never get to use it - it's weilded by Fortune, the female member of the terrorist group Dead Cell.  In MGS4 it appears attached to the back of Crying Wolf, member of the Beauty and the Beast Corp, and you remove it from her once she's defeated.  I could see one of these popping up in Borderlands someday  :-()
Below is a neat little physics demo of "magnet guns", I'm assuming some of the principles carry over to the big ones  :-D

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Rail Gun 3D model
Magnet Gun

Tags:
🡱 🡳