BL: Art's impressions

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 28, 2010, 02:28:01 PM
Quote from: JRD on December 26, 2010, 03:53:28 PMSo try and remember this place - EARL's SCRAPYARD... it's easy to remember if you pay attention to Earl's pet, scrappy (who will be Scrappy All Grown Up later on  >:D )

I've just entered that scrapyard and quit.

^+-+

Enough for today, that's why :) I think I did all missions in two areas (arid badlands and dahl headlands) and now I'm doing those quests of New Haven. In other words, I did all missions I found until reaching New Haven, and there I'm doing what's being offered.. Now being a mid-level 25 Mordecai, he does a good job so far, fun to play with :)

First time at  Earl's there was a welcome party of a massive elemental skag plus a bunch of alpha skags along to greet me...  ??? ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I'm armed to the teeth and hope to have them finished before breakfast.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Alright then, couldn't wait until tomorrow. That scrapyard and that crazy guy in a trailer who has a stub of a moustache that reminds me of the world's most infamous moustache was nothing worth mentioning. I went through all that stuff like a white-hot knife through lukewarm butter.  >:D Although, I levelled up to 26 now. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Have you found the claptrap there?

mmosu

Art, you're definately overleveled for that part of the game, and if you're ahead of the curve now you're likely to stay ahead for most of the rest.  Should be smooth sailing for you  :-X

JRD

I think the same... I had a great time fighting enemies from that point on, a fair fight I must say! Very challenging. I had to use skills, techniques, loadouts, mods... all of it to finish the game!

It was a great playthrough... maybe being overleveled will take part of the fun out!  ????

Art Blade

First, yes, I found the claptrap which gave me an inventory expansion.

Second, being overlevelled is a result of someone's recommendation to level up before dealing with that first challenge in the mills, that shielded brute with his hammer (and a shotgun with like 0.0% accuracy but 10,000 burst count) you suggested I took him out with shock elemental powers. Ever since I stayed on top. :)

Third, no worries, I like to play like that. To me it's looking around, searching the area for loot, comparing guns and other gear, experiment with loadouts, and enjoy utter dominance  ;D I always liked cheating in SP games but here I don't really cheat -- I just get myself gear which I had loads of fun to construct (mod) and show it to the baddies  ;) And if some of those morons wear my shields down and my health out, I like to present them with my bloodwing and extra powerful weapons.. and blow their minds away and their brains out >:D

JRD

It`s your game, play it as you will  :) ;D :-X

Do you plan to go vanilla when you get your uncut copy? As I started another playthrough with Brick and a second playthrough with Lillith I realized how much fun and replay value there is in BL!  :)

By the way, you are aware of how things play when you start a second playthrough with the same character?

Art Blade

I think the first thing I'll do is try if my savegames w@&k with the new copy. If they do, I'll continue the way it is, else, I'll play vanilla at least for some time I reckon. But modding to get my own personalised weapons is just a very great pleasure and the weapons I made are legit constructs, so not really cheating. I can still die and I still need to get ammo for most of my weapons.

And no, I don't really know what happens if I start playthrough two. What will happen? :)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 29, 2010, 11:33:52 AM
And no, I don't really know what happens if I start playthrough two. What will happen? :)

You start all over... but with ALL your items, upgrades and levels!!! >:D

Enemies also level up to be par with you, so you will play the same story again but all enemies will be much tougher than the first time around. Expect alpha skags at the gates of Fyrestone, badass psychoes and bruisers right from start!  >:D >:D >:D

... oh, and the loot... aaaaahhh the loot... the tougher the enemy, the better the loot!!!  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Talk about replay value!!!

Art Blade

Ahhhhhhhhh  :) :-X

Level 27 now. Was about to collect canned skag food for that scrapyard guy when I got stuck in my ride and a rocket turret took me out (only enemy). Ha ha ha, "kill one enemy to get second wind" -- a turret half a mile away, shooting rockets, and unfortunately halfway hidden behind the obstacle I got stuck on. That was my third death, basically a glitch, and "only" cost me 65k to get resurrected. Anyway, good sign to stop and go to bed :)

mmosu

:-()  I've had a few moments like that   :-X

Fiach

Thats Krom I think, I killed him by accident lol, I forget how, I just saw the message come on screen that I had completed a mission, but yeah I think all BL players have to die now and again, before they realise its time to take a break.

It has to be the most addictive game I have ever played.

There was one other game that I found madly addictive, it was called Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, it was a kind of Diablo game with awesome production values, there was even a rock concert in the game, but it had lots of different character classes like BL that you levelled up etc, gotta unearth that and play it again :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

Quote from: Fiach on December 30, 2010, 04:38:35 AM
It has to be the most addictive game I have ever played.
Oh yeah, no argument there!  There is always that voice in your head saying "just open one more chest"  :-()  It's hard to walk away knowing that chest you didn't open could have contained the one!  :-() :-() :-()

Art Blade

:-D

Alright, boys and girls..

NOW I'M PLAYING UN CUT  >:D :-X

YESSSSssssss!  :-()

Man, what a difference. Now I hear my character commenting on his own shots, like "Feel that?!" after a head shot. And I've seen heads pop off, bodies split, corrode, melt, burn away, blow up, and also clouds of blood and limbs flying up and raining down. NICE  >:D

My savegames still w@&k, funny enough they seem to load quicker. When I downloaded the "worldwide patch 1.41" while I was using the censored version, I decided to keep it anyway, "just in case." Now it is the case and the patch has been waiting for this.. So I'm up and running, everything is good now  :-X

And I agree, bloody addictive game.. and fun :)

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2010, 10:22:55 AM

Man, what a difference. Now I hear my character commenting on his own shots, like "Feel that?!" after a head shot. And I've seen heads pop off, bodies split, corrode, melt, burn away, blow up, and also clouds of blood and limbs flying up and raining down. NICE  >:D

*looks around nervously, crouches and sneaks towards the nearest exit*

Gratz mate, I'm glad its as good as you hoped :)

Art Blade

JRD

Uncut really gets the cartoonish style right... it`s great to see a Lance soldier corroding to death and then his armor falling to the ground, or heads blowing out as the body knees and hit the dirt... bandits burning theis skulls to ashes and so forth!  >:D

Art Blade

you're right about that, JRD :) And when I snipe someone's head off with a regular rifle, the body can be found with the upper bit smothered in blood and the head missing. Actually, I once found parts of the head, half a brain and a piece of skull with eye balls still in the sockets.  :)

mmosu

>:D :-X

I like to refer to that as the world's closest haircut  :-()

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2010, 11:05:18 AM
you're right about that, JRD :) And when I snipe someone's head off with a regular rifle, the body can be found with the upper bit smothered in blood and the head missing. Actually, I once found parts of the head, half a brain and a piece of skull with eye balls still in the sockets.  :)

I'm starting to see the sense in germanys censorship laws  >:D

Art Blade

hehehe, Fiach :-() Next time you want to buy a game, order it in Germany and we'll talk about it when the rest of us are playing the "worldwide" version.  ;)

mmosu, that kind of haircut you're describing sounds like the hair dresser took a rather big swing with a massive scythe, aiming at the forehead  ^+-+

Art Blade

Now that I've played some time with the real version, I am still surprised at how many lines my character has to comment on events. Mostly on critical hits and his bloodwing in action. Apparently the entire banter and laughter has been banned from the game because then I never heard anything but when I opened a chest (not somebody's chest but a weapons crate) -- that was the only thing our censors allowed!  :D ^+-+

As a mature adult with a tendency towards a rather black humor I certainly do enjoy the uncut game quite a bit, I have to say  :-()

JRD

Lillith has some sacastic lines as well and it sounds even better on a woman's voice!

See Brick laughing as he goes berserk on enemies... that's evil!  >:D >:D

Borderlands: high level Brick vs low level Bandits

mmosu

Quote from: Art Blade on December 31, 2010, 09:39:15 AM
... I am still surprised at how many lines my character has to comment on events.

It never occured to me that they would have cut all that stuff out too!  When they laugh about things like headshots it really cements that part of the personality of the vault hunters as degenerate scoundrel pirates who are involved in these events strictly for financial gain, and for me that added a lot to the feel of the game and what my attitude is supposed to be toward what's happening (i.e. - to quote General George S. Patton, "may God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't"  >:D).

Tags:
🡱 🡳