BL: Art's impressions

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

We're always looking to add one more to the party on Pandora  :-() :-X

Art Blade

Excellent  :) :-X

I reckon that this game is one of the most popular among our members (a considerable number of our active members are familiar with it) so you'll get a lot of help here, if needed  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

I was just talking to a guy in Gamestop, I hadnt seen him since xmas, he was complaining to me because I recommended Borderlands .... he cant stop playing it LOL :D
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I am still enjoying BL, picking up a side mission from one of those boards or just walking around randomly and exploring the map. I just like to pay those bandits a visit as often as possible. And hunting skags is another favourite pastime for me.

I just thought I'd upload a savegame for those of you who'd like to check out a couple of nice weapons I've got (all optimised) and to test a completely maxed-out Mordecai with all class mods (their best versions for my taste, like ammo generating for gunslinger and sniper) and all three  skill trees maxed out. Also, his Bloodwing has got all artefacts (6) for all elements, so you can dish out nicely when he's unleashed. All items I've got are maxed out as in they're all level 69, just like Mordecai.

Maybe a good idea if you've got WillowTree to check the items and stuff, copy some into WT and use them for your own savegames. ;)

Just click and -> DOWNLOAD <- it :)

ninzza

I've heard so many good things about this game and since I need an open world game fix, so I decided to pick this up used yesterday.

Because I love sniping so naturally I chose the sniper guy,  Mordecai.
Right now I'm at lvl 6. I've played for 3 straight hours.

Art Blade

Borderlands was great for the time being. I do have a couple of fond memories  :-()

JRD

You've picked a great FPS... good choice, ninzza  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

ninzza

I'm now at lvl 10. I like the RPG elements in this game: each character has unique ability and skills, tons of cool guns but the enemies are not fun, they (both animals and humans) keep charging me at no ends.

JRD

Relax ninzza... it gets much worse  >:D

As you progress in the game so does the level of the weapons you pick. The higher the level you are, the more likely it becomes to find a nice piece. Your enemies will also show up in higher lvl but usually you can deal with them with relatively no pain. When choosing missions to do, try those that match your level so you`ll level up more easily and get harder missions. There are arenas you can enter and have three rounds against enemies for extra xp. You might try those for the fun of it. The one in Fyrestone puts you against skags only - but the ugly ones in the third round.

Choose your weapons wisely... fire and acid against flesh, shock against shields and so on. It makes life easier against enemies. Be aware that some elemental enemies are immune to the element they have so spit skags (spitting acid balls) are immune to corrosive weapons, fire skags are immune to fire weapons and etc...  ;)

Enemies will respawn just like in FC2 so everytime you go from one place to another and back you`ll find them all again, which you can see as an opportunity to level up. Higher level enemies will also respawn. You probably killed Bonehead by now. If you come back to the area you found him once, he`ll be there again.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Quote from: ninzza on August 17, 2011, 05:03:07 PMI'm now at lvl 10. [...] the enemies are not fun

At level 60, I called those enemies Mickey Mouse impersonators with water pistols.  :-()

ninzza

Thanks JRD. Tips for newbies like are appreciated  :-X

Art:  ;D

mmosu

Glad you're enjoying ninzza :-X  Looks like another member will likely be joining our raiding party for BL2 next summer!  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳